Thread: PSP vs Pandora(handheld system)

1. #1 PSP vs Pandora(handheld system) 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Desert Elite's Avatar
    Do you think this new Pandora handheld system will surpass the PSP.
    Comparison

PSP
    Product family: PlayStation
    Type Handheld: game console
    Generation: Seventh generation era
    Retail availability: EU September 5, 2007
    NA: September 6, 2007
    AUS: September 12, 2007

Media: UMD
    CPU: MIPS R4000-based; clocked from 1 to 333 MHz
    Storage capacity: Memory Stick PRO Duo and internal flash memory
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b, USB 2.0
    Best-selling game: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, 2.55 million (as of September 30, 2008)[1]
    Predecessor: PlayStation Portable (concurrent)
    Successor: PSP-3000 series (redesign)

Pandora
    Manufacturer: OpenPandora.
    Type: Handheld game console / UMPC / PDA hybrid
    CPU: 600 MHz OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8 (32 Bit) and
    430 MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core, NEON & TRADE SIMD CoProcessor[1]
    Storage: capacity Dual SDHC slots, 512 MB internal NAND, USB external storage
    Graphics: PowerVR SGX 530 at 110 MHz
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Bluetooth

I dont know but it looks interesting looks like a ds without the touch screen.
    *discuss*

Last edited by Desert Elite; 12-15-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    id have to play with it for awhile. anyway would u really want that thing in your pocket?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    looks really bulky, i would have to try it first
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    It's not even gonna be publicized... I've never heard of it, looks like one of those mods people make out of a DS, PSP, and SEGA Controller...
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    It's an open source console, like the GP2X was. I've been following its progress and when another batch is available to buy, I will be buying without hesitation, beautiful hardware, and if im not mistaken OLED screen. Im a handheld junky though, I will buy any portable device that comes out.

OpenPandora.org - Pandora The OMAP3 Powered Handheld Linux Console

The expected killer app on this will be a good N64 Emu.. its got enough buttons to do it properly too.
    Last edited by Syph; 12-15-2008 at 04:40 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker cheema201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoS-FaCtiOn. View Post
    It's not even gonna be publicized... I've never heard of it, looks like one of those mods people make out of a DS, PSP, and SEGA Controller...
    And wat if it isn't publicised?? the best things never are... I believe this handheld will smash the PSP in the ways of capability. I have been following the progress on this handheld since august.

I have had a link to it in my sig since then.. I believe it will be an amazing hand held for those of us who want to have the ultimate handheld experience... And yes i believe that it will be able to play our favourites like ocarina of time and FF7..
    Tutorial
    Popsloader Installation guide
    Step by Step Popsloader installation guide

Pandora for all PSP lovers.. this is wat we have been waiting for
    Pandora Linux Handheld

Interested in having a little fun with the Final Fantasy games? Check out my code thread
    Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Remake Final Fantasy 7 Petition

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Desert Elite's Avatar
    I hope it will be able to play F-Zero X,becuase so far I cant get that to work on my N64 emu for PSP.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP looneytoon's Avatar
    You know what would be neat? If those two circles on the pandora were mini subwoofers, I'd have to buy it then. But it looks decent to me, looks like a DS with one screen.

LooneyElectronics.Com
    High Quality Pandora Battery & Memory Sticks - Low Prices - Fast Shipping From The USA - Personal Customer Service

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Looks like some of those Chinese electronics. I won't judge it though by looks alone, but it does look like a bad design idea.

Before this topic goes bust (and seeing the 2 month gap since it's conception) I believe it would be appropriate to revive this topic again, seeing as the release of the Pandora Console draws nearer and nearer.

It may look like a Chinese manufactured mini computer, but even so, the Chinese are very creative developers, creating fake Ipods that can play MP3 and emulate the SNES, and other portable devices with multifunctions, despite their short-lasting life.

On the contrary, the Pandora is actually a legit non-chinese product that isn't even a mod or a hack of other consoles. It's a portable computer. It's good for college students who prefer instant word processors than carrying a bulky laptop around, and if the keys are too small, it's not impossible to plug in an external keyboard through USB2.0. Did I mention that it can utilise a full LINUX operating system?

After reading all the comments in this topic, I'm shocked that not many people are aware of just how awesome this console is going to be.

Those two round things you see on the console? Those aren't mini subwoofers. Those are actually ANALOGUE sticks. You heard me right, and there's TWO of em, something the PSP lacks. I'm guessing there are shoulder buttons as well, but the additional keyboard can still make up for the lack of them.

And to those who think it looks like a DS without a touch screen, think again. The entire screen IS a touch screen, and this console would be released with a stylus.

So let's look at how useful this is going to be. A Linux-based portable word processor and internet explorer, with a touchscreen that can be used as a drawing pad, with enough buttons to emulate almost every other game, with a clock frequency surpassing even that of the PSP by almost double... what more can we ask for? It's a multi-tasking portable enthusiast's wet dream.

I believe that it can even emulate both the PSP and the DS, and judging by the specs, seeing as the Xbox clocks at around 750MHZ, it's not impossible that it could emulate most PS2 games at a considerable framerate.

So what do you guys think? Would you give this thing a try?

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrawindX2 View Post
    Before this topic goes bust (and seeing the 2 month gap since it's conception) I believe it would be appropriate to revive this topic again, seeing as the release of the Pandora Console draws nearer and nearer.

It may look like a Chinese manufactured mini computer, but even so, the Chinese are very creative developers, creating fake Ipods that can play MP3 and emulate the SNES, and other portable devices with multifunctions, despite their short-lasting life.

On the contrary, the Pandora is actually a legit non-chinese product that isn't even a mod or a hack of other consoles. It's a portable computer. It's good for college students who prefer instant word processors than carrying a bulky laptop around, and if the keys are too small, it's not impossible to plug in an external keyboard through USB2.0. Did I mention that it can utilise a full LINUX operating system?

After reading all the comments in this topic, I'm shocked that not many people are aware of just how awesome this console is going to be.

Those two round things you see on the console? Those aren't mini subwoofers. Those are actually ANALOGUE sticks. You heard me right, and there's TWO of em, something the PSP lacks. I'm guessing there are shoulder buttons as well, but the additional keyboard can still make up for the lack of them.

And to those who think it looks like a DS without a touch screen, think again. The entire screen IS a touch screen, and this console would be released with a stylus.

So let's look at how useful this is going to be. A Linux-based portable word processor and internet explorer, with a touchscreen that can be used as a drawing pad, with enough buttons to emulate almost every other game, with a clock frequency surpassing even that of the PSP by almost double... what more can we ask for? It's a multi-tasking portable enthusiast's wet dream.

I believe that it can even emulate both the PSP and the DS, and judging by the specs, seeing as the Xbox clocks at around 750MHZ, it's not impossible that it could emulate most PS2 games at a considerable framerate.

So what do you guys think? Would you give this thing a try?
    Now that you mention it, this ain't a piece of shit. To be honest, I wouldn't mind having one .

12. #12 open pandora 
    Didnt you read the specifications on the site?
    IT HAS A TOUCHSCREEN, and for the people that think is too bulky, look at the other pictures, when is closed its smaller than a diskette (idk if i wrote it rite)
    But my point is that its small, LINUX!!! and wifi, bluetooth and touchscreen, too good to be true

i was going to start a thread on this in "Other Consoles" but this will do :P, i think that this system is going to be great. The look needs to be improved, but if this handheld becomes a success, I am sure the 2nd gen, will have a more appealing look. *Only wishes he thought of it 1st* I think this might challenge the laptop world just as much as tjhe handheld world. Just my opinion though

Banned PSP User
    Can't believe I'm only now getting to know about the pandora handheld. Apparently it's been released already... It seems incredible and I really want one but the price just.... screwed it over to me... it's over $300 bucks...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker cheema201's Avatar
    haha its basically a laptop, how many decent laptops can you get for under $300?
    Tutorial
    Popsloader Installation guide
    Step by Step Popsloader installation guide

Pandora for all PSP lovers.. this is wat we have been waiting for
    Pandora Linux Handheld

Interested in having a little fun with the Final Fantasy games? Check out my code thread
    Exploiting Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Remake Final Fantasy 7 Petition