Thread: How did you find out about CFW

1. #1 How did you find out about CFW 
    WeThEgReEnPeOpLe
    Just like the topic name says how did you find out about CFW was it from an friend or what? post it here

Well when i first got my psp i found theme settings so i wanted themes so i found QJ.NET - QuickJump Home - PlayStation Portable News - PSP Updates and then i found themes but i also found portals so i started using portals then i saw homebrew games i downloaded it and tried to use it but i could not get it to work so i googled the error message and i saw cfw so i googled cfw and found out about it so i thought it was just an update lol so i put it on my psp and it didn't work lol so i found about pandora battery and mms i was to scared to make pandora so i didn't do it so about a month later after i got my psp lol i was bored with it so i tried to make pandora lol and i could not get mms because i had an mac an vista so finaly i found an mms maker for vista and TA DA cfw lol

ElateSword
    I learnt over my own curiosity, i knew any console is hackable, i did my ps1 when i was 7 y/o, and found out about custom firmware through google, and eventually did it, now all i do is listen to what a feeling on it and help others on hacking theres

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by ElateSword View Post
    I learnt over my own curiosity, i knew any console is hackable, i did my ps1 when i was 7 y/o, and found out about custom firmware through google, and eventually did it, now all i do is listen to what a feeling on it and help others on hacking theres
    I second that

Senior Member I Modded My PSP looneytoon's Avatar
    I have a similar experience the the one above. I've modded different consoles and I am a quick learner at anything technology related. Someone that knows I can fix electronics gave me their bricked PSPs thinking there was nothing they could do to fix it. (He said SONY told him it would cost over $100 to fix it)

I googled "psp black screen green light" and kept googling until I found out how to repair the PSP. I got CFW and hooked the PSP up and gave it back to him. From there I got my own PSP and put cfw on it and started a website.

LooneyElectronics.Com
    High Quality Pandora Battery & Memory Sticks - Low Prices - Fast Shipping From The USA - Personal Customer Service

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    I've been in the "scene" since nearly the start, long before custom firmware existed. How did i get into hacking in the first place, well i really don't remember, but i assume curiosity, as i've hacked/chipped other things before it.

Oh by the way:

Well when i first got my psp i found theme settings so i wanted themes so i found QJ.NET - QuickJump Home - PlayStation Portable News - PSP Updates and then i found themes but i also found portals so i started using portals then i saw homebrew games i downloaded it and tried to use it but i could not get it to work so i googled the error message and i saw cfw so i googled cfw and found out about it so i thought it was just an update lol so i put it on my psp and it didn't work lol so i found about pandora battery and mms i was to scared to make pandora so i didn't do it so about a month later after i got my psp lol i was bored with it so i tried to make pandora lol and i could not get mms because i had an mac an vista so finaly i found an mms maker for vista and TA DA cfw lol
    Contender for longest post without any punctuation and most lols 2008.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker KOBEdidit's Avatar
    been modding consoles ever since the psx with the old style serial port and the plug in modchip to play burned games....been 10years now.

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Back in 2005, I was curious to see what my new psp could do. So I went online and found PSP-Hacks.com (I believe is no longer available) Somehow, I ended up here. Maybe through a link?

bunnies ate my brain PSP Elite Hacker clwnz's Avatar
    i was stupid, had no idea what a pandora was, made one (thus destroying the only battery i had xD), and got stuck with a "broken" psp. searched more around the intawebz and found hercules' amazing guide only to realize i successfully made a pandoras battery. made the mms and installed the custom firmware. but i never really knew it was custom untill a week or two after

"I got ice in my veins,
    blood in my eyes
    Hate in my heart,
    love in my mind..."

Guide: OFW to CFW|Free ISO/ROMS!|OFW EBOOT|Guide: CFW w/o Pandora!
    MySpace|Homebrew Thread|PSP Folder Organization

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    I facepalmed so many times, I have a fractured forehead...

Junior Member PSP User
    I wanted to play FFissidia so bad @_@ But wasn't all up for buying the game from Japan, then buying it again when it was released here...so I started looking up info, and lo and behold, CFW