Thread: Lucid dreaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lucid dreaming 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP torin_93's Avatar
    So last night I had the sudden urge to research lucid dreaming. If you dont know what it is being aware that you are dreaming. <a href='http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lucid dreaming?qsrc=2886'>lucid dreaming</a>
    I have had a full lucid dream once, but never again. So now I want to learn how to do it when ever I want. I really think it is something cool to get into. Do WHATEVER you want in a dream. Fly,shoot guns,party,etc.
    Check it out it is very cool!
    My PSP: HERE

OFW>4.01>4.01 M33-2

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker -GunslingerGirl-'s Avatar
    I usually can't do what I want even when I know I am dreaming. and btw you just gotta know.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TheNe[x]us's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torin_93 View Post
    So last night I had the sudden urge to research lucid dreaming. If you dont know what it is being aware that you are dreaming. <a href='http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lucid dreaming?qsrc=2886'>lucid dreaming</a>
    I have had a full lucid dream once, but never again. So now I want to learn how to do it when ever I want. I really think it is something cool to get into. Do WHATEVER you want in a dream. Fly,shoot guns,party,etc.
    Check it out it is very cool!
    i am dreaming right now...in this world "there is no spoon".

VAE VICTUS - Woe to the Vanquished
    • My eyes....are the color of darkness
    • A Calamity of Epic Scale....Fatalis, Heaven & Earth Are YOURS!!
    • TheNe[x]us LVL.2, 400 More Posts To LVL.3

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I have a lot of different dreams. Last night was fighting off the helghast in some random sewers and then getting shot, then eating steak while fighting the helghast. Then I was in a restaurant debating something with some Michael Jackson playing in the background.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I never have dreams. Its weird. I can't dream. I dont sleep a lot anyway, so maybe thats why. But im gonna look up Lucid dreaming just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    I heard that if one does dream, one is never fully asleep and doesn't get all the rest that they need.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Draconis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthunder90 View Post
    I heard that if one does dream, one is never fully asleep and doesn't get all the rest that they need.
    HA HA, that's quackpot science.
    To the contrary, vivid and lucid dreams are beneficial to one's self.

Dreaming is a by-product of our brain processing information gathered throughout the day. Many people still question why we dream and what they mean. It doesn't discount the fact that when brain activity is monitored while sleeping, they can tell what parts are active.

Dreams make it easier for us to commit things to memory and understand all the information taken but not fully processed during our waking hours.

If you want to dream more often and more vividly, you should google polyphasic or Uberman sleep. Countless people have more vivid dreams when they are on this sleeping schedule. I also could recall more dreams when sleeping polyphasically.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I never have dreams. Its weird. I can't dream. I dont sleep a lot anyway, so maybe thats why. But im gonna look up Lucid dreaming just now.
    youd be dead if you didnt dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthunder90 View Post
    true. this Draconis is wrong. when your dreaming your brain is still running and you cant enter into deep sleep. so youll wake up tired.

.....if your interested in stuff like this then i suggest taking psychology in high school. my current favorite class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    youd be dead if you didnt dream

true. this Draconis is wrong. when your dreaming your brain is still running and you cant enter into deep sleep. so youll wake up tired.

.....if your interested in stuff like this then i suggest taking psychology in high school. my current favorite class.
    Well if i do have dreams, i can never remember them when i wake up.

I do Psychology in High School. Currently doing it at Higher level. Its pretty good, but we're on Schizophrenia and Schemas just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Keep studying, your not paying enough attention it would seem. But don't take my word for it, actually read and learn something.

In what stage of sleeping do dreams occur? Last time I checked it was the deep 5th stage- Oh look, that's what these articles say to.

Psychology Today: Why We Dream

Why do we dream by Uncommon Knowledge

Stages of Sleep - The Five Stages of Sleep

The stages are different and shorter when NOT sleeping monophasically and dreams CAN and DO happen during 20 minute naps. I did polyphasic sleep (Sleeping 20 minutes every 4 hours) and experienced dreams.
    There has not been a peer-reviewed, published document about Uberman sleep as of yet. However, many people have changed to a polyphasic sleeping pattern over the years. An older but well written web loggers experience:

Polyphasic Sleep

Dreams (from what we DO know) are NECESSARY for our survival.
    Not recalling them does not mean your brain didn't project them.

I don't mind being wrong, in fact I welcome anyone who does prove me wrong. What I don't like is the spread of miss-information.

P.S. Here's part of Steve's blog explaining he still has vivid dreams even after going back to polyphasic sleep.

Polyphasic Sleep - One Year Later

"After adapting to polyphasic sleep, I could lie down for a nap, set a timer for 20 minutes, fall asleep, and wake up remembering an extremely vivid dream. During my polyphasic experiments I could normally fall asleep within a few minutes, and I’d often wake up naturally a minute or two before the alarm went off. The dreams I had during these times were extremely vivid, and I experienced a sense of time dilation. Even though I was only asleep for 15 minutes or so, it felt like my dreams lasted more than an hour. I’d awaken amazed at how little time had passed.

The interesting thing is that I still have this ability today. I suspect it may be a permanent adaptation. I took a nap this afternoon, had a dream that seemed about an hour long, and woke up naturally feeling refreshed and with a clear memory of the dream. But the total time I was lying down was only 13 minutes. As long as I’m in a fairly calm mental state, I can still basically do this at any time of day."
    Last edited by Draconis; 01-30-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
    Keep studying, your not paying enough attention it would seem. But don't take my word for it, actually read and learn something.

In what stage of sleeping do dreams occur? Last time I checked it was the deep 5th stage- Oh look, that's what these articles say to.

Psychology Today: Why We Dream

Why do we dream by Uncommon Knowledge

Stages of Sleep - The Five Stages of Sleep

The stages are different and shorter when NOT sleeping monophasically and dreams CAN and DO happen during 20 minute naps. I did polyphasic sleep (Sleeping 20 minutes every 4 hours) and experienced dreams.
    There has not been a peer-reviewed, published document about Uberman sleep as of yet. However, many people have changed to a polyphasic sleeping pattern over the years. An older but well written web loggers experience:

Polyphasic Sleep

Dreams (from what we DO know) are NECESSARY for our survival.
    Not recalling them does not mean your brain didn't project them.

I don't mind being wrong, in fact I welcome anyone who does prove me wrong. What I don't like is the spread of miss-information.

P.S. Here's part of Steve's blog explaining he still has vivid dreams even after going back to polyphasic sleep.

Polyphasic Sleep - One Year Later

"After adapting to polyphasic sleep, I could lie down for a nap, set a timer for 20 minutes, fall asleep, and wake up remembering an extremely vivid dream. During my polyphasic experiments I could normally fall asleep within a few minutes, and I’d often wake up naturally a minute or two before the alarm went off. The dreams I had during these times were extremely vivid, and I experienced a sense of time dilation. Even though I was only asleep for 15 minutes or so, it felt like my dreams lasted more than an hour. I’d awaken amazed at how little time had passed.

The interesting thing is that I still have this ability today. I suspect it may be a permanent adaptation. I took a nap this afternoon, had a dream that seemed about an hour long, and woke up naturally feeling refreshed and with a clear memory of the dream. But the total time I was lying down was only 13 minutes. As long as I’m in a fairly calm mental state, I can still basically do this at any time of day."
    idk im just saying what my psychology teacher said. guess hes wrong.

idk im just saying what my psychology teacher said. guess hes wrong.
    Thanks for being honest. I'd personally question what he says if he actually believes dream prevent sleep or aren't a "real" form of sleeping.

Because so little data exists on different sleeping patterns, many miss-conceptions and falsities have been assumed. Ask him about polyphasic sleeping, he most likely has never heard of it or considers it wrong and useless.

Fact is, I and many other people have switched to a nap-only sleep regime and achieve more vivid dreams more often then most traditional sleepers.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kahizzle's Avatar
    I can lucid dream, the worst thing is... you need a dream diary

Quote Originally Posted by Nam3les5
    how to know if the battery is padora??

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I had sleep paralysis a few times....still scares the shit out of me.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP g_tech9's Avatar
    i dream..i think i just cant remember it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast