Thread: Some PS3 News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Some PS3 News 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker lilmetal's Avatar
    #1 - Ken Kutaragi Just announced the Playstation 3 launch will be done November world wide, for North America, Asia, and Europe. Once The PS3 is released Sony will release 1 million units per month with a total of 6 million units in 2006 alone.

#2 - it is now confirmed that PS3 will be 100% backwards compatible, all the PS2 games will be displayed in High resolution. The result will be a sharper image for older games, the 360 already has this feature. It is also now confirmed that the HDD for the PS3 will be REQUIRED, it will be a 60GB HDD and will support Linux OS, and act as a home server where users can store various forms of media to be pulled up from elsewhere. One thing that is not confirmed is whether the PS3 ships with the HDD or not.

#3 - Sony announced that not only is the PlayStation 3 to be 100% backwards compatible, but all legacy titles played on the system will be displayed at high-definition resolutions. The Xbox 360 currently does the same thing and the result on that end is much sharper image quality for older games.

#4 - All PlayStation 3 games will ship on Blu-ray to help prevent piracy. In other words, no ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“cheapÃà ƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠀šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒà €š? DVD releases; Blu-ray only. Of course, itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll still play PS2 and movies on DVD, but all PS3 releases will be on Blu-ray. The company expects initial BD-ROM production to reach 2.5 million in Japan and Europe and 5 million in the US.

#5 - SCE president Ken Kutaragi confirmed that the final PS3 development kits will be shipping out to production houses in June. Additionally, there are 15 different companies making tools and middleware for the SDK. IGN Entertainment (aka GameSpy Technologies) are contributing to the network solution.

#6 - Ken Kutaragi has just added another infamous quote to his belt, this time stating that PS3 games are ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“liveÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €š? and that the PS3 concept is ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“4DÃà €šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãâ⠂¬Å¡?. He claims that games have gone from 8-bit to 16-bit planes, to the ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“spaceÃà ƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠀šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒà €š? that you saw on the PS1/PS2, and now PS3 will be ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“liveÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €š?.

#7 - The PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 has just wrapped up over in Tokyo, and surprisingly, there were no new software announcements made. Sony basically kept this to a hardware-only event, speaking about PS3, PSP and PS2 hardware news, but failed to bring up any software-related topics, aside from a few details about its online plans.

Source: IGN Live Update Coverage

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    sounds like the giant is rolling nearer.

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    oh boy that sounds totally awesome.. i sure hope they learned from microsofts mistake and will be able to deliver enough systems

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    and hopefully no defective systems

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker lilmetal's Avatar
    slow down im not done yet:

Why the PS3 will cost $900:

yeah, to manufacture, and not to buy, sony will take a financial blow on any machines it sells for at lest 2 years.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKOUT
    yeah, to manufacture, and not to buy, sony will take a financial blow on any machines it sells for at lest 2 years.
    QFT

Sony initially lost money on the PS2. They are loasing money for selling the PSP at 250.

GGkthx bai
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Fuck!! I wonder how much itll be 500 at least for sure fuck that man 360 ALL THE WAY LOL FOR US BROke People !!
    Sony PSP=$300.00
    Accesorys=$45.00
    Games=$120.00
    Laughing at the Nintedo DS owners=Priceless

looks like 350 will be the standard pricepoint.
    but dont quote me on that

Think of it this way, it costs them $504 to make a PSP, and they only sell it for $250. The games is what they make profit off of. The UMDs are pretty cheap to manufacture and use. Also, Microsoft lost a lot of money on the XBox, but still, they make money off of the games, because CDs can be a penny or less when you buy in bulk

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    I heard a rumor that the PS3 is going to kill the rental and used game market by not allowing "non-new" games to run. Meaning that once the games are bought and run on your machine for the first time, they become "locked" to that machine.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it seems like the kind of dick move Sony would pull off.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    hm that doesnt sound like a very intelligent plan at all..
    why would they want to destroy that? the reason this thingy exists is for our amusement so locking games to one unit sounds just plain stupid..
    then you cant bring games to your friend and play there either.. where did you pick up that rumor?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    As I said, it's just a rumor but I think I read that off of digg a while back.

I can totally see Sony doing this though. I mean, they've already fucked themselves by being last to the market. Not to mention the ridiculous price. I have heard price points from 5 to 9 hundred dollars for the thing.

Metal Gear might be pretty, but it isn't $900 pretty.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo196
    Metal Gear might be pretty, but it isn't $900 pretty.
    it sadly is for me ......

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member I Modded My PSP DL992's Avatar
    How have they "Fucked themselves" they get to see what cards Microcrap is holding, and BTW Nintendo will be the last to launch because they want to see what other companys are putting out.

And please do tell how they would lock these games to thier systems, i know sony has been assnine in the past but this would be totally retarded on thier part.

Screen names
    NFS Carbon Own the city:SENNINKAI
    Games that im playing
    WTF
    Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Ciomplex
    Smart Bomb

Posting guidelines
    DO NOT ASK ABOUT ISO'S IT'S NOT ALLOWED HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast