Thread: world of warcraft(wow)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 world of warcraft(wow) 
    im thinking about joining but i dont know if my computer is able to run it, and i also want to know if its worth the $15.00 a month

Junior Member PSP User
    eh im not into taking turns hitting each other i do more fps like warrock where we pay 5.95 a month (and thats optional) but back on topic, try runescape out and use that to judge if ur gonna play WoW ( i h8 runescape too)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EmuGamer's Avatar
    You could play perfect world for free, its pretty similar to wow, although wow and perfect world both suck. Play Eve online, its a great game, although if your doubting your computer can handel wow, it will most likley not handel Eve online.

love WoW best MMO i've ever played and after playing it all the other ones seem to suck... =/

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Waste of money and your life.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Don't do it, its a trap! wow will get you addicted to it! Don't play it.

I've never played it myself though, but I'm pretty sure I would get addicted to it aswell.

I spent > 1/3 of my life for 2 and half years playing MMOs... It was awful, lol. I did very badly in school and I had no social life. I would blow off friends to do missions and events with my linkshell in Final Fantasy XI (my MMO of choice.) If you are in school, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are on your own and not trying to progress in some sort of career, sure, try it out. Free MMOs are not a good gauge of what FFXI or WoW would be like, the community is much different. Apples and oranges. Not to say that free MMOs are not fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrius View Post
    I spent > 1/3 of my life for 2 and half years playing MMOs... It was awful, lol. I did very badly in school and I had no social life. I would blow off friends to do missions and events with my linkshell in Final Fantasy XI (my MMO of choice.) If you are in school, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are on your own and not trying to progress in some sort of career, sure, try it out. Free MMOs are not a good gauge of what FFXI or WoW would be like, the community is much different. Apples and oranges. Not to say that free MMOs are not fun!

I lived in Fargo, ND until about a year ago, not that that matters. Just thought id mention that just because our region is covered i snow most of the year, that does not excuse us from adding to ignorant comments like ihateu's typical gambit.

There is nothing I despise more than ppl blaming tv or video games for personal shortcummings. Plenty of us have jobs, pay taxes, bitch about so called fair taxes, and live perfectly productive lives. Do not drag us into your generalizations of mmo / gamer sterotypes.
    Last edited by EmuGamer; 03-21-2009 at 07:36 AM.

" spent > 1/3 of my life for 2 and half years playing MMOs... It was awful, lol. I did very badly in school and I had no social life. I would blow off friends to do missions and events with my linkshell in Final Fantasy XI (my MMO of choice.)"

You need to re-evaluate your existance
    Last edited by EmuGamer; 03-21-2009 at 07:40 AM.

I'm sorry, I guess my ideas didn't come out quite the way they sounded in my head.

I know it wasn't the MMO's fault, it was most definitely my fault. I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was blaming the game for taking over my life, but when I look back and read my post I can see that that's what it looked like. I got addicted to the game, but it wasn't the fault of the game. I have a slightly addictive personality and low self-esteem as well as various other psychological issues, and I got very very addicted. The game became my life and I put more importance in my character than what was going on in my real life. I made bad choices.

I'm fine now, I just graduated from college in December, and I still keep in touch with some close friends from FFXI, and I even pop on to say hi with a new low level character every few months. I have a job, I pay taxes, I have a productive life, I have an apartment with great roommates, this summer will be the beginning of our third year living together and it's been awesome.

Sorry about my earlier post, I truly didn't mean to further any stereotypes or apply stereotypes to anyone else but I can see that I did, so I apologize.

Ah dont worry about it, I was just drunken ranting. There is nothing wrong with playing mmo's and meeting new ppl and spending time immersed in fantasy worlds. The internet is serious business, and ive met some good friends in game that became great freinds out of game as a result.

I think we all have a little too much time on our hands and ppl tend to be harsh on forums, after all the anonymous nature of forums lends itself to hurtfull comments sliding off the keyboard like butter.

With that said Id rather play an mmo time wise as much as other ppl spend watching tv. Both are a waste of what could be a more productive life, so you are correct in stating that we could be spending our short time on this spinning orb more wisely.

Well I am glad there are no hard feelings. I signed up for these forums to make friends and to learn, not make enemies.

I spend a lot of time watching TV and playing video games when I should be doing other stuff. (Like exercising or looking for a better job.)

I have to start paying student loans in June, and the 8.75 an hour job ain't gonna cut it. As much as I love the job for its laid-back-ness and stress-free-ness...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    Any subscription-based game is going to eat a huge hole in your wallet.
    That said, WOW was great fun...however, there is no way im paying for it now. Blizzard has waaaaaaaaaaay too much cash :P

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whitelamp View Post
    Any subscription-based game is going to eat a huge hole in your wallet.
    That said, WOW was great fun...however, there is no way im paying for it now. Blizzard has waaaaaaaaaaay too much cash :P
    Think about it, they have to support a server for like 10 million players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast