Thread: Computer Stalls

1. #1 Computer Stalls 
    My Computer stalls before opening programs and sometims nevr opens them or crashes, any help
    ?? thanks
    RuGaRiiCo
    5.03 ofw>> 4.01 m33

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EmuGamer's Avatar
    Im assuming its XP we are talking about, if not most of this wont apply but here it goes.

There is a few things I'll recommend doing before recommending a reinstall (which I highly recommend, because its way better to reinstall):

1: Go to disk cleanup, run it, and do everything there is a checkbox for.

2: Go to start>run: type: msconfig, go to startup, and uncheck anything you dont need starting with windows and reboot (Don't uncheck things in the startup msconfig unless you know what it is.)

3: Download and install "Spybot search and destroy", "adaware", and "avast home edition." Update and run all of these programs to clean up any malacious gunk in your computer. You can choose to remove them if you already have some crappy programs that wont help after your done : )

4: Set you page file memory, if your familiar with it. Its 1.5 times the amount of physical ram you have. Google "pagefile" if you need more details.

5: Go to add remove programs and delete any crap you dont need.

6: For good measure do a disk defrag and reboot.

If the problem persists, try using ctr, alt, delete to view processes, and sort by cpu usage to see if there is something sapping all your resources. Google the process if you are unfamiliar with it. A can of compressed air to the inside of your box prolly wouldnt hurt either : )

If your still crashing I Highly recommend time to backup all your important files (which should already be backed up) pop in the good old OS disk, nuke the old partition, set up a raw one from scratch and in a few hours you should be back in business with a fast and shiney new install. If your unfamiliar with the process google it "reinsalling xp"

Member PSP User
    go try this Free Downloads Center - software and free game downloads and 1 download the program called advanced system care and 2 set-it-up 3 then use it to fix all/some of your problems on your computer and it works

When I run msconfig nothing happens.
    RuGaRiiCo
    5.03 ofw>> 4.01 m33

KmR
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker KmR's Avatar
    What programs are you trying to run? Maybe you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework. A lot of programs require that to run. Just a thought...

Download details: .NET Framework 3.5
    Google.com - Man's best friend.
    Prizerebel.com - Free shit. It works. Received $183.864 worth of prizes so far.

nothing special, mainly justinternet explorer bt it crashes when try to run almost anything
    RuGaRiiCo
    5.03 ofw>> 4.01 m33

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EmuGamer's Avatar
    Go to tools in IE, and delete browsing history, it will give you an option to delete all and anything stored by add ons, go ahead and delete everything (mainly because it will nuke all of your temp files and cookies)

Then goto advanced on the far right of internet options, and there should be a restore defaults, try that as well.

Also I forgot, Make sure you keep up on windows updates, and as Rugaric16 said install .net frameworks. They can also be found when doing a manual windows update, select custom updates and they should be under software.