Thread: Thank You For Smoking - Review

1. #1 Thank You For Smoking - Review 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    "Thank You for Smoking" is a satirical comedy chronicling the life of Nick Naylor, Big Tobacco⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s main spokesperson and lobbyist. Nickâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s job is to put a spin on the information regarding smoking and keep the tobacco industry out of trouble and in the publicâà ƒÆ’¢â€šà ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠀šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s good graces. Nick has a knack for persuasive speaking, or as he would say, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“You know that guy that can get any woman he wants. I am that guy on crack.âà ƒÆ’¢â€šà ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? Nickâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s dilemma is that he has a 12-year-old son, and Nick wants to do right by him while at the same time representing the interest of a corporation killing millions of people annually.

This film had me in tears with its off beat humor and wit. While this film will not draw much success at the box office, I am sure it will become a cult classic and retain a devout following. The film could not have been cast better, with a supporting cast including William H. Macy, Rob Lowe, Robert Duval, Kate Wislow, Katie Holmes, David Koechner, Sam Elliot, and more. The film is very well written and directed (by Jason Rietman, whose father was the director of many famous films including ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Ghost Busters⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?).

I would highly recommend this film to everyone, but I know that the type of humor embodied in this film would not appeal to the masses, especially the younger teenage population frequented on this forum. The film is hilarious while at the same time provoking thought. If you prefer slapstick and fart-jokes to satire and wit, this film will most likely bore you, but for those of you who do like cleverly constructed dark humor, this is a film for you.

(Note: This is my first review, so if you donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t like itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ‚¦ write your own )
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    nice review man, im gonna try and see that now.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    Haha, saw this today while movie hopping (It was raining). Fantastic movie, kept me interested, even after hours of movies already! I was laughing the entire time. Nick Naylors Character is a fucking genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    i've been wanting to see that too... now that i have a second opinion i might have to shell out the cash to see it before it omes out on DVD =p

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

It's actually worth it, I never pay for my movies, I sneak in the emergency exit to the cinema, but if I had to, I'd easily shell out 10 bucks for it.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    sounds like a good one to me

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSP_Bro
    It's actually worth it, I never pay for my movies, I sneak in the emergency exit to the cinema, but if I had to, I'd easily shell out 10 bucks for it.
    hahahahaa iknow ppl who work at the movies, they just tell to just go, we dont have to have tickets or anything, XD
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DarthWalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psp
    hahahahaa iknow ppl who work at the movies, they just tell to just go, we dont have to have tickets or anything, XD
    Or if your a veteran Movie buff who is also VERY cheap here is DarthWalker's 3 step program to insure 100% safety and NEVER results in getting caught in sneaking in;

Step 1

Get anywhere from 3 friends and up, no less then 3.

Step 2

Get everyone who is 'buying' their tickets like losers go get their tickets and meet you back outside to start operation Cheap Skate.

Step 3

Get a few friends with tickets to go in and save the sufficient ammount of seats and to get 1 friend to return with the sufficient ammount of ticket stubs snatch the stubbs off your friend and walk rite in to the movie, if they ask why your stub is riped and you have no food returning with (which will NEVER happen, its just safe to be prepared) Simply say I went out for a smoke.

Belive me when I say it is the BEST way to see free movies and it dosent feel illigal.

List of the PSP-Mod legends, once on PSPmod.com; drizzle, BLACKOUT, jrmdb3, matrixsucks, IONz, mofo196, julie, TZone, SAYN, psplaya, Cloud Strife, demondude777

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthWalker
    Get a few friends with tickets to go in and save the sufficient ammount of seats and to get 1 friend to return with the sufficient ammount of ticket stubs snatch the stubbs off your friend and walk rite in to the movie, if they ask why your stub is riped and you have no food returning with (which will NEVER happen, its just safe to be prepared) Simply say I went out for a smoke.

Belive me when I say it is the BEST way to see free movies and it dosent feel illigal.
    nice but some theatres have video cameras

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DarthWalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psplaya
    nice but some theatres have video cameras
    None by my place. So it works perfectly!

List of the PSP-Mod legends, once on PSPmod.com; drizzle, BLACKOUT, jrmdb3, matrixsucks, IONz, mofo196, julie, TZone, SAYN, psplaya, Cloud Strife, demondude777

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Nice Review Drizzle, I was so enticed by it I went to my Netflixs, to add it to my queue and to my sadness, it's not yet available

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZone
    Nice Review Drizzle, I was so enticed by it I went to my Netflixs, to add it to my queue and to my sadness, it's not yet available
    rofl, the movie is in the theaters....

anywho,

great flick, saw it today. Its probobly the second best movie i've seen this year, best being V for vendetta.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    i just saw it, it was hilarious. my friends thought it was "gay" because they are immature. The review was absolutly right, its not for everyone but i think the kind of people i see on this forum would enjoy it.

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks
    rofl, the movie is in the theaters....
    Yea I saw that it saddens me, see I hafta wait till movies make it to DVD before I can see them, I have a 4yr old daughter and now a newborn son and no family in California, so we don't get to goto the movies much ---sigh--- oh well I'll keep waiting

Ya know, I could hook you up with a certain leg...maybe it's wearing a boot? I don't know.