Thread: Silent Hill - Review

1. #1 Silent Hill - Review 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I just saw the movie silent hill and let me tell you guys that this movie is amazing i am only going to rate
    this film less than a 10 because nothing is perfect. If you have played any of the silent hill games i suggest that you go and see this movie , even if you are not a silent hill fan this is a good movie. I feel that there hasn't been a good R rated horror film out in awhile we've had a bunch of PG-13 movies like stay alive. What fun is a horror movie without the blood and the guts. Let me be the first to tell you that this movie had a lot of gore in it.
    One time a monster with a huge sword rips the face of of a girl splattering blood on everone around her in the process. I do not want to give out any spoilers, but the movie in a nutshell is about a little girl who has violent nightmares of a place called silent hill , her mother thinks that taking her to this ghost town called silent hill will help her with her problems , so against her husbands wishes she flees with her daughter to this place. Once they are there
    the little girl wanders off leaving the mom alone and very scared. This movie has tons of twists and turns and the end of the movie explodes with awesomeness.

I rate this movie a 9.5 out of 10. I might even go and see it again next weekend
    BEING AT ONE WITH YOUR PSP IS NOT CALLED PSPNESS ]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP DL992's Avatar
    I hated the games, but this movie is badass, I went to go see it on opening night and i rarely ever do that with any movie.

Screen names
    NFS Carbon Own the city:SENNINKAI
    Games that im playing
    WTF
    Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Ciomplex
    Smart Bomb

Posting guidelines
    DO NOT ASK ABOUT ISO'S IT'S NOT ALLOWED HERE

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    I need to see this movie.........nice to know it's been getting good criticism.......

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    I haven't heard one good thing about this movie from any critic. Even so, I'm a retard for Silent Hill so I'm going tonight after work. Full review to come.

EDIT!!!!

Went to see it. Here's the review I'm putting on my website.

Silent Hill could be the hardest movie for me to review this year. At least it has been so far. Hereâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the problem. Silent Hill is based on a series of Videogames that I really, really like. Based on this, it is going to be very hard to remain objective during this review. I left the movie actually liking what I saw on the screen, but the question is did I actually like the movie or did I merely enjoy the concept of one my favorite game series brought to life on the silver screen? I think itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the latter because had I not played the games, I would probably have not enjoyed this film.

Oh but donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t get me wrong. I WANTED to enjoy this. I remember how excited I was when I first saw the trailer. It looked like it was going to be the scariest movie ever made and I was all for it. Of course, trailers are cut to make the movies look better than they actually are and this is something I have yet to learn.

Silent Hill, as a game, stands alone as a brilliant example of how a game can make someone feel emotion. It oozes atmosphere from every tiny 1 and 0 on the disk and I recommend everyone play at least one of the 4 (well, maybe not number 4). The backgrounds are all pretty much the same. Someone has some unnatural calling to a town called Silent Hill which is abandoned and loaded with creepy monsters and lots of dark corners. The plot will rarely (if ever) make sense, but itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the journey that we relish as opposed to the destination. Silent Hill (the game) is J-Horror at its finest. Much like all Japanese media, it doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t make a whole lot of sense (like Akira or Metal Gear Solid 2), but we love it anyway.

So here we have a movie. The plot is pretty much the same. A little girl has nightmares where she screams out the name Silent Hill. Her mother runs it through her favorite search engine and theyâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re off to the town (against the will of her husband). Once they arrive, thereÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s a minor fender bender and the girl goes missing. The mother then spends the rest of the movie trying to get the girl back. During that time we see that there are two sides to Silent Hillâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã‚Ʀ.blahÃÂà ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬à …¡Ã‚¬Ã ¦blahÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €šÃ‚¦blahÃÆ €™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚Â¬à ƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦

Hereâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the real deal. Visually, the movie is very disturbing. There are a lot of truly horrifying images and lots of blood. This is a good thing. I was never disinterested in what was going on. The bad news is that the movie doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t make any sense. Throw logic out the window and youâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢ll be fine. Now, youâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢re going to have friends (usually the same people who will tell you that Pink FloydÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s The Wall only makes sense when stoned) who claim to get the movie. Trust me they donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t. IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve run it over and over in my head and there is no logical conclusion.

So leaving the theater, I felt just as confused as I did after playing the games. I also felt just as satisfied. If you have never played the games, stay away from this movie. It wonâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t make sense and you may find yourself irritated because if it. If you have played (and enjoyed) then check it out. You will find that much like the game world of Silent Hill itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s not the conclusion we crave, but the journey.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Solitaire's Avatar
    I got to admit I only went because the bootleg copies I had were crappy. I actually got my $9.75 worth. This is a video game movie that should be top 3 from game to screen in anybody list....

I have played the games and loved them true they make no sense but still great games. Now as far as the movie well yes great gore,gut and blood, the visuals are awesome. Now from the start of the movie it draw me in. It was heading the right way untill it got to the ending.

What I mean is they gave u all the candy in the begining then had nothing for the ending. It blow it's load to early in my own opinion.

Well my own 1 1/2 cent...

Bx-psp aka wholeeoh
    MY GAMING WORLD !

PSP : Madden 06 Year 1 franchise. If ever playing Madden On-line hit me up for a game
    BX4LYFE is my persona.Socom: Fireteam Bravo S/N BXPSP

PS2 : Shadow of the Collosus..On 11th Collosus..

"Hate the Player not the Game"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    oO Silent Hill, oO Konami ...Im sorry to say guys but I really disliked this film. I didnt at all like the story and I definitely didn't like how FAST this movie was moving...I mean damn 10 minutes into the movie she was stuck on SILENT HILL. This movie makes me never want to see another video game turned film...Score 4/10 ...and im a nice guy
    Now Playing And LOVING Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.