Thread: what gamer r you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 what gamer r you? 
    well ive been a "on the go" gamer since i was a kid.. i had the first game boi to gbc then i had game gear. then i had a gba i didnt buy an sp cuz it the same as gba. now the psp.. im just wonderin when u guys play games do u look more on the graphics side or the game play?.. as for me im more on the good graphics.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Good graphics don't make a good game. If a game looks pretty, but plays horribly it's not worth it. I'll take a simple, yet fun game like Tetris over crap like Coded Arms anyday.

Sometimes you get lucky and get both in one package, but it's a rare thing.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Yea Mofo is rite. Back in the day people didnt play games b/c of what they looked like, they played games like pacman, tetris, galaga etc...b/c they were fun. Ex...Mario for NES vs. Mario 3 NES...Mario 1 sold many more copies than Mario3 which btw had improved graphics ...reason Mario 1 had better gameplay....

Courtesy of ICONS on G4tv
    Now Playing And LOVING Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Heck guy's I remember playing games that didn't even have graphics
    One of my favs, that I waisted countles hours on was ZORK.
    Now that was a game... this was basically a TEXT generated RPG, but it was a blast

If you have a MAC you can get these games for FREE now :

http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

Oh and just to AGE myself here, checkout some of the other games I played form Infocom, they
    are list in chronological order, check the dates

http://www.infocom-if.org/games/games.html

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DarthWalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZone
    Heck guy's I remember playing games that didn't even have graphics
    One of my favs, that I waisted countles hours on was ZORK.
    Now that was a game... this was basically a TEXT generated RPG, but it was a blast

If you have a MAC you can get these games for FREE now : http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html
    The moste fun games ive ever played were Utopia on swirve.com and Aardwolf MUD, Aardwolf is a MMORPG text based game, and its super fun. And if you want to get it I reccomend ither getting Gmud, or Zmud to run your text games.

List of the PSP-Mod legends, once on PSPmod.com; drizzle, BLACKOUT, jrmdb3, matrixsucks, IONz, mofo196, julie, TZone, SAYN, psplaya, Cloud Strife, demondude777

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Thanks Darthwalker I will check it out also I think you can get the ZORK series for the PC, I just haven't looked

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Brando's Avatar
    All about the story and keeping it fresh so you arent sitting there for a few hours trying to beat one monster

who knew it would be so boring...
    ........................................not watching anime

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    You have been eaten by a Grue. God Zork was amazing. There was also a text-based Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that was fantastic.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    I would say gameplay makes up 75% of the game. If its not fun, then why would you play it? Graphics are important too, if you dont like looking at it then you wont be as immersed in the game and its not as good of an experience.

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker SAYN's Avatar
    ok, hear now, cause graphics is NOT important at all. Hav you played Broken sword? Thats a fantastic game with not good graphic at all, even though its charmy!!!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    ahhh tzone....ZORK...my favorite classic.....

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

its not hard to find good games that has amazin graphic for example " chrono trigger". even for an snes game graphics are awesome .

p.s. any suggestions on good rpg classics ive finishe chrono and now playin harvest moon

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Caboose's Avatar
    ok lemme lay down the law...
    First off, im a hardcore PC gamer, since '99, with consoles in there too since '94.
    gameplay is important, ill give you that, but i ask you, if a game came out for the ps2 today, that looked like super mario brothers, and it cost fifty dollars, would you buy it?
    i agree with you that gameplay is VERY important, but that is no excuse for bad graphics.i do think good gameplay is important, SO are good graphics. technology is moving forward not back. as for the comment about the games in the olden days not worrying about good graphics, thats bullsh**. the graphics were important moving forward, and graphics and fun walked hand in hand. they still do, but now there's "old school."
    but im not saying that a bad game is excusable without good game play, and visa versa.
    now im also not saying i dont love the classics anymore, that's just untrue.
    both are important, and when you say graphics aren't, well you are just lying.

peace

why english class is important.
    how to get banned
    this is awesome
    thanks drizzle for the kick ass signature.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    for me, i prefer gameplay. i like final fantasy 6 over 7. i rather play chrono trigger then chrono cross. the thing about a game with good graphics and gameplay is you get drawn in. take Condemed for example. 5 yrs ago, that game wouldnt be very fun at all. but with modern technology, u can get pulled into the game alot easier. just my opinion
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Caboose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    for me, i prefer gameplay. i like final fantasy 6 over 7. i rather play chrono trigger then chrono cross. the thing about a game with good graphics and gameplay is you get drawn in. take Condemed for example. 5 yrs ago, that game wouldnt be very fun at all. but with modern technology, u can get pulled into the game alot easier. just my opinion
    i agree, except for the ff6 over 7 part.
    big ff7 fan
    ff8 is up there too. i loved ff8, i could even say ff 8 MY LIFE! kekekeke

why english class is important.
    how to get banned
    this is awesome
    thanks drizzle for the kick ass signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast