Thread: PS3 Launch Update and stuff

1. #1 PS3 Launch Update and stuff 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    1. Looks like Sony is planning a worldwide launch in the first half of November 2006 for the PS3 - Expect shortages, there is gonna only be a million units for the US launch, better pre-order
    2. No official price yet, but now the rumors are saying around $399
    3. This baby will come standard with a 60GB Hard Drive
    4. Sounds like Sony is gonna give us a preview of the Controller & Launch games at E3
    5. This we expected "All games to be released on Blu-Ray Discs"
    6. Games won't contain regional lock-outs
    7. ***SWEET SPOT*** PSOne & PS2 games will play in "720p/1080i/1080p" YEA! HDTV for old games!
    8. And ofcourse we knew about this. XBOX like Live service, but here's the kicker, it's gonna be FREE that's right FREE for online games!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    Ive been looking forward to this for a while now, especially the wireless connection with the psp, being able to have tivo like capabilities, simply shweeet

Does anyone know if anyone is accepting preorders?

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

free for online play isnt good at all. This isnt good because it lets cheap people go on and just screw around and not really care, as for paying you actually care, because its your money your wasting!!!@
    I dedicate this to drizzle for getting me all the marios on my psp and helping me all the way so Thank You

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    Yeah, PS2s online was free and it sucked compared to xbox live. Xbox had it together with the single gamer tag thing and friends list. I was hoping i would have to pay, 50 bucks isnt to big of a deal for a quality online service.

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0930
    free for online play isnt good at all. This isnt good because it lets cheap people go on and just screw around and not really care, as for paying you actually care, because its your money your wasting!!!@
    Or they require a cd-key for each game and you have to register it to your username. If they catch you cheating, your account is banned. Easy. Valve does it.

People will screw around, it happens on live as well. just go to a different server and shut up. All the good ones do.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    No offense Tzone but this is kinda sorta old news to me...But hey its always good to hear about the ps3 I mean come on its the ps3...but I am still hoping that the Wii comes out like early summer giving me enough time to save and ps3!!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AskAboutMe
    No offense Tzone but this is kinda sorta old news to me...But hey its always good to hear about the ps3 I mean come on its the ps3...but I am still hoping that the Wii comes out like early summer giving me enough time to save and ps3!!!
    Oh the fact that the PS3 is coming out is old news and even some of the stuff I mentioned, but the thing that's new about this, is SONY finally mentioned these things will actually exist, most have been speculation, now it's true and good to go

Also the estimate on units available at launch were unknown, now we have a number

And as for the Live service, yep it's been around the block too, but there was know definative answer on if this service would cost or be free, now it's officially free.

Sooooo, what this boils down to, is not what we have heard, but what SONY has actually agreed to be true... even though the price is still somewhat rumor, this is now more along the lines of what SONY is agreeing the unit will cost in the USA.

Oh and I take no offense...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    this thread is wet dream times a million!
    Now Playing And LOVING Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Brando's Avatar
    I've got 900 in the bank when i sold my 360 on ebay. So I;m good to go besides i got 200 for conformation.

who knew it would be so boring...
    ........................................not watching anime