Thread: Nice Camcorder under 250?

1. #1 Nice Camcorder under 250? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    Hi, I know that this isn't exactly the very best place to ask this and sorry to bother but I have an older sister and she knows what a geek i am and asked me what she should get for a digital camera (she really meant digital camcorder) so I went on Bestbuy.com but i am not a camcorder person so I could use some help. She is probably looking to spend under $250 and I know for a fact she wants something that records her videos. She carries her older one everywhere with her but some asshole broke it when she was walking into a courthouse and she didn't notice until after she got it back. I really feel bad for her cause she is very disappointed cause she did spend 200 dollars on it and it wasnt her fault. So just somtin that is $250 or less and plays/records videos and takes still images. For her I would say nothing under 4 Mega Pixels(and of course with an LCD display thingy on it.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    im not up to date on this kind of stuff, but i dont think theres any under 250. all the cheap ones ive seen are shot in hi-8 format or some kind of mini tape
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar

Senior Member I Modded My PSP nonom's Avatar
    I might just buy this one. Can I connect it to a computer? If I can, the videos are automatically MP4s so I can load them on my PSP. Cool.
    If life gives you lemons, say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nonom
    I might just buy this one. Can I connect it to a computer? If I can, the videos are automatically MP4s so I can load them on my PSP. Cool.
    holy crap. that was the exact model my sister has. It was terrific but the videos came out slightly dark (nothing to worry about) and the buttons were a bit cramped for her big hands.
    And hey, yes it does and yes you can, but of course as always you have to entitle the file some funky ass name as Sony likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by nonom
    That one was in my link I like that one too

8. #8 Yeah, but beware 
    She says the quality of it is not as good as she would like it to be. I think it is decent but, buyer beware, always look at the specs. but i don't have to tell you guys that. Also, I think to get the better quality video (what she mainly uses this for although it has still picture ability) you would have to better the quality format. What would be a good quality format for a memory stick (she's got a 512 and 256MB I think). I have only screwed around with PSP files before because i can't afford other gadgets yet. But she doesn't give a crap about the PSP cause she doesn't have one. Just the camera she has now and the one she will upgrade to. By the way, is it possible to run an EyeToy Universal Serial Bus camera on a PC and use it as a webcam? Heard of it and also how good is it?

9. #9 ? and possible sticky 
    How many frames a second does the d-snap take during MPEg 4 video Mpeg 4 recording?

Well could someone sticky the following:

On BestBuy.com there is a great camera completely compatable with the PSP. It uses the same memory stick (which is now a lot cheaper suddenly) and a nice viewfinder on it. HERE IT IS

Quote Originally Posted by PSPBETTERTHANDS
    How many frames a second does the d-snap take during MPEg 4 video Mpeg 4 recording?

Well could someone sticky the following:

On BestBuy.com there is a great camera completely compatable with the PSP. It uses the same memory stick (which is now a lot cheaper suddenly) and a nice viewfinder on it. HERE IT IS
    That kind of stuff doesn't usually get stickied, but it is a nice find on a camera

11. #11 That is alright 
    That is alright, but I don't really know if Megapixels mean anything when taking photos. I think it does. Yeah, sent a huge email to my sister and I really thought about it. Whatever you do, if you were going to buy the D-Snap, don't. Get this one. The d-snap is on like 2.0 MP so don't get it plus it is more expensive for basically nothing in quality (the reason why she wants a new one). Get the one i linked to or if you want to spend an extra 70 you can get an extra .9 Megapixels which i don't think is worth doing. Hope you guys can answer my question and you decide on this one instead. And also, where can I find the cheapest Xbox 360's that have the Hard drive and wireless controller(s)

DON'T GET THE D-Snap!!!