Thread: Questions forRDRAM FOR DELL DIMENSION 8100 & more...

1. #1 Questions forRDRAM FOR DELL DIMENSION 8100 & more... 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker crimsn's Avatar
    Ok so this is way in left field but my mom had some left over RDRAM kits from a job she just got done doing and I had some questions.

1. What the fuck is an RDRAM??
    2. Was selling a Kingstion 512 (2x256) KTD-DM800 memory kit for 85 bucks a good deal?
    3. Im wanting to know how much should I sell this samsung MR16RO824BN1-CG6 (64/4) RDRAM for. Another question with this, it says 64mb/4 on each stick...does that mean there should be 4 sticks total and that should equal 256 or does it mean that it has 256 on each stick and it equals 512 all together and I only should have 2 sticks??
    4. I have more questions but Im too tired to type them out so ill just edit this post later.

I am sooooooooooo lost with this and Im about to freak. If anyone can help me out I will be most grateful!!!

THANKS!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsn
    Ok so this is way in left field but my mom had some left over RDRAM kits from a job she just got done doing and I had some questions.

1. What the fuck is an RDRAM??
    2. Was selling a Kingstion 512 (2x256) KTD-DM800 memory kit for 85 bucks a good deal?
    3. Im wanting to know how much should I sell this samsung MR16RO824BN1-CG6 (64/4) RDRAM for. Another question with this, it says 64mb/4 on each stick...does that mean there should be 4 sticks total and that should equal 256 or does it mean that it has 256 on each stick and it equals 512 all together and I only should have 2 sticks??
    4. I have more questions but Im too tired to type them out so ill just edit this post later.

I am sooooooooooo lost with this and Im about to freak. If anyone can help me out I will be most grateful!!!

THANKS!!
    Short for Rambus DRAM, a type of memory (DRAM) developed by Rambus, Inc. Whereas the fastest current memory technologies used by PCs (SDRAM) can deliver data at a maximum speed of about 100 MHz, RDRAM transfers data at up to 800 MHz. In 1997, Intel announced that it would license the Rambus technology for use on its future motherboards, thus making it the likely de facto standard for memory architectures. However, a consortium of computer vendors is working on an alternative memory architecture called SyncLink DRAM (SLDRAM).

RDRAM is already being used in place of VRAM in some graphics accelerator boards. As of late 1999, Intel has been using RDRAM in its Pentium III Xeon processors and more recently in its Pentium 4 processors. Intel and Rambus are also working a new version of RDRAM, called nDRAM, that will support data transfer speeds at up to 1,600 MHz.

I should note, that RDRAM is pretty specific to machine's, so it won't work in just any pc
    Most pc's nowadays use some form of DDR SDRAM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker crimsn's Avatar
    AHHHH it makes sense now then why people are selling these rdram for so much, I mean i think I gave that guy a deal because some sellers on ebay were listing the same rdram for 110. I luckily had the product number and after a little searchig I found it was for an 8100 Dell Dimension. Thanks you sir youve been a great help!