Thread: somebody look at this!

1. #1 somebody look at this! 
    Penis Master Extreme PSP Mad Hacker GOBLINCOCK's Avatar
    YouTube - !SAY NO TO CUSTOM FIRMWARE!

also when you watch note the pandora battery add in the corner

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    oh and a part 2 for this horrible epidemic!
    [youtube]fRZkxNvDqk8[/youtube]

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Penis Master Extreme PSP Mad Hacker GOBLINCOCK's Avatar
    And he he's a halo nerd, jeez he probably is 8 years old and cant figure out how to get CFW on his psp

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Oh please...Everyone who commented on his video is correct: CFW is what sells PSPs. And if not that, then at least a majority of used PSPs. The Nintendo DS has flashcarts. Hell, I have 2 of them! It's much easier than hacking a PSP. Just pop in the cart, and there you have it, a "pseudo-hacked" DS. The games are much easier to pirate since they are so much smaller (they go up to 1GB tops, which is rare). Doesn't stop that platform for containing a larger library of games then the PSP.

Game development has nothing to do with modding consoles to be able to circumvent security. At the very most, it has to do with how well the companies can hide the existence of these mods from the public. Is it splashed all over advertisements? Is it on the news? Did it cause a recession? No. Does it matter? No.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    man i say this long ago when i try to find a vid on how to istall cfw. i commented but he marked me as spam, i just said what a big idiot he was.
    hes a sony ass kisser i bet

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    The Wikipedia page on PSP Homebrew is very interesting. Yes, there is an entire page dedicated to PSP Homebrew alone. Some of the quotes by members of the modding community intrigued me.

Everyone has the right to do what they want with their own hardware. Piracy does upset me, and because what we are doing opens the way to piracy it's harder to justify it morally. But our stance on piracy is clear, and we hope to be role models. Sony have never been in touch with me, so I am confident that what we are doing is legal.
    Sony has told the media that any issues resulting from running modified code on the device would void the warranty.[1][2] They have also stated that the problem is not with homebrew but piracy.[6] However their constant firmware updates are seen as attempts to hamper homebrew development.[11] According to Phillip Torrone from Make Magazine, this hampering could be due to the attempts to curb piracy and may cause more harm than good.[10]

"I think the really smart companies should release their products to the alpha geeks for six months and let the alpha geeks play around with them. It seems to me they'd save a lot of money on R&D, and they'd come out with much more solid products."

However, Sony has also said that, when questioned about homebrew game support, Jack Tretton replied with,

"I think that is something that is in the works. We certainly see some of the stuff that has been done via homebrew, and it's incredibly creative. And I think we'd like to try and tap into that a little bit more."[12]

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Member PSP User
    I would have never got a PSP if it didn't get CFW!
    I wants teh stuff!

Click here to get some free stuff by searching the web. No joke, I use it myself:

click here for what's basicly the same thing, but instead of searching you sign up for stuff:

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavis75211 View Post
    man i say this long ago when i try to find a vid on how to istall cfw. i commented but he marked me as spam, i just said what a big idiot he was.
    hes a sony ass kisser i bet
    Dumb ass is what he is.

He realizes hacks are what sells systems ALL the time. Newbies decide to hack their systems cause it would seem cool to get other systems and do stuff like watch vids on the PSP, it's the newbie NOOBS that ruin it by pirating the games. He was trying to say that pirates are what ruin the psp, and that is why PIRATES ruin our good name!

I bet as soon as the 5.55 update hits Dissidia and GT 5 he will rub it in our faces, then I will make a video response on how to remove this anti-piracy method, if he flags it for "Insulting him" I will flag his for "Insulting ME"

=)
    i am an idiot.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    The Wikipedia page on PSP Homebrew is very interesting. Yes, there is an entire page dedicated to PSP Homebrew alone. Some of the quotes by members of the modding community intrigued me.

"I think that is something that is in the works. We certainly see some of the stuff that has been done via homebrew, and it's incredibly creative. And I think we'd like to try and tap into that a little bit more."
    -Jack Tretton

Show that quote to the video starter. That'd shut him up. SONY basically just said they don't hate CFW/homebrew, but rather, they are INTERESTED in it...
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoS-FaCtiOn. View Post

"I think that is something that is in the works. We certainly see some of the stuff that has been done via homebrew, and it's incredibly creative. And I think we'd like to try and tap into that a little bit more."
    -Jack Tretton

Show that quote to the video starter. That'd shut him up. SONY basically just said they don't hate CFW/homebrew, but rather, they are INTERESTED in it...
    Yes but they take no action. Why? It's to keep us from speaking up ^.^
    i am an idiot.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Dumb ass is what he is.

He realizes hacks are what sells systems ALL the time. Newbies decide to hack their systems cause it would seem cool to get other systems and do stuff like watch vids on the PSP, it's the newbie NOOBS that ruin it by pirating the games. He was trying to say that pirates are what ruin the psp, and that is why PIRATES ruin our good name!

I bet as soon as the 5.55 update hits Dissidia and GT 5 he will rub it in our faces, then I will make a video response on how to remove this anti-piracy method, if he flags it for "Insulting him" I will flag his for "Insulting ME"

=)
    probobly would but rib it, but well, not my problrm if he gets spammed out the ass

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member I Modded My PSP SammyJman72's Avatar
    hacking your system isn't wrong, stealing is. I like video games, so I want to make sure that the people that made them get the money they deserve. There aren't a whole lot of games I'm really into for the psp so I usaully just play ps1 games that I've backed up using my old ps1 disks. I play sega genesis games alot too. and on top of that my umd drive doesn't even work so the only way I can play psp games is to hack my psp.

Yeah, monsters are so AWESOME!

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyJman72 View Post
    hacking your system isn't wrong, stealing is. I like video games, so I want to make sure that the people that made them get the money they deserve. There aren't a whole lot of games I'm really into for the psp so I usaully just play ps1 games that I've backed up using my old ps1 disks. I play sega genesis games alot too. and on top of that my umd drive doesn't even work so the only way I can play psp games is to hack my psp.
    Ya, Sega Genisses games OWN!!!!!
    I wants teh stuff!

Click here to get some free stuff by searching the web. No joke, I use it myself:

click here for what's basicly the same thing, but instead of searching you sign up for stuff:

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Sony's all for homebrew, so are(?) most other companies. It's the PIRACY that drives them towards not liking CFW.

Junior Member PSP User
    man cfw saved my ass. well it was the pandora but still. the psp bricked and PSPMOD helped thanks!