Thread: We Tap Your Phone For Your Own Safety! ''Lies''

1. #1 We Tap Your Phone For Your Own Safety! ''Lies'' 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Autopsy's Avatar
    Yes, itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s true. President Bush first said it wasnâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t true and then he said that it is done for your own safety.

I am talking about how the NSA amassed billions of phone records, freely handed to them by major phone companies, and stored them in a super database, for future reference. Of course, all for the safety of our nation.

If you are an AT&T, BellSouth or Verizon Communications customer, you have been downloaded into the database of the NSA. ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“TheyÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €š? know who you called and when, probably even better than you do yourself. But, donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t worry; itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s all to keep you and your fellow citizens safe.

Now, some may argue that the plans of so-called terrorist cells to blow themselves and a fair bit of our country up may have been thwarted by the efforts of the valiant NSA. Those who think so are wrong.

The Lackawanna 6, who plead guilty out of fear of receiving lifelong sentences, were not convicted through such a broad approach. They were actually already in the sights of the FBI, and legal phone taps were granted by a judge. And although I donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t believe these young men to be guilty of anything but bad judgment, I wonâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t go into the details of the case, since it has little to do with the topic of this editorial. Letâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s just say that the phone records willingly given to the NSA by the phone companies were not used in any way to arrest or convict these six.

The Detroit ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“sleeper cellâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã‚? turned out not to be a sleeper cell at all, but merely a few kids on a Disney trip, pointed out by someone who had substantially to gain by fabricating evidence implicating others. Again, no such broad measures, like getting general phone records, ever did anything to get evidence against this ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“sleeper cellâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã‚?.

Moussaoui and Reid were not apprehended because of these phone records either. Moussaoui was arrested before 9/11 because his visa had expired, and Reid was caught by fellow passengers.

There are myriad other examples where this general and far-reaching measure of getting phone records of millions of people does nothing to help any investigation into terrorism. The blanket statement that it is to prevent terrorism just doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t cut it. Should millions upon millions have their privacy taken away for just over 40 people arrested on terrorist charges in the past 5 years? Yes, although the government claims it was well over 200, only about 40 people were actually charged with terrorism, including Reid, Moussaoui and the Lackawanna 6. This tells me that either the threat is not that big, or the NSA is not doing their job half as well as they want us to believe. You decide for yourself which it is.

The Founding Fathers had thought of such scenarios when they wrote the Constitution. Granted, they had not heard of phone taps, but they did know that power corrupts. So they set up a series of fail-safes, the Amendments, which by now have been eroded by the current government of this fine nation. And President Bush persists in being the decider, placing himself above the law and the Constitution, deciding whether something is good for the nation (read himself).

The general idea of the Constitution was not to trust those in power, and not to give them enough power to actually suppress the masses.

The Fourth Amendment states that ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?

Although the Founding Fathers had no knowledge of phones, the internet, wiretaps or traces, I think it is nonetheless reasonable to assume that they never meant for the NSA to obtain phone records en masse without any legal search warrants signed by a judge.

Why do we all sit back and watch this government and its agencies erode our freedoms? Is it enough to say ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“terrorismÃƆ¢ââà ¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ Ã¢â‚¬Å¡? to get the proud citizens of the USA to cower submissively, gladly giving up any and all freedoms, rights and privacy?

According to the First Amendment, the people of the USA have ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“the right to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.à¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Å ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?

Organize a Million Phone User March, just to show the NSA and the government that we do not agree with their tactics, that we will no longer tolerate their invasion of our private lives.

Even if we have nothing to hide, we still donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t need to show them our underwear!

Custom Firmware 5.00 m33-4 [hardmod 2GB pandora battery]
    Firmware 1.50 - Japanese - Mint Condish -Stolen
    Uncover The Truth

-Alien Autopsy

Senior Member I Modded My PSP nonom's Avatar
    Would you believe there's a duck living in a small bush outside of my school?
    If life gives you lemons, say thank you.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    a little off topic nomon...i would let it go in the school lol...how does tapping lines do anything, if theres billions how do they know where to start to find something

i agree

bush=bitch

his hole family should burn in the eternal fires of hevin

6-6-6

anti christ
    if your happy and you know it kill your self.......click bang

the monkey stole my psp and now im stupid

i double post on the first date