wow....

Should I generalize religion?

genâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ¢erà¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Å ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šà ‚¢alÃƚ¢Ã¢â₠¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãâ₠šÃ‚¢ize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnr--lz)
v. genâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ¢erà¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Å ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šà ‚¢alÃƚ¢Ã¢â₠¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãâ₠šÃ‚¢ized, genâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ¢erà¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Å ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šà ‚¢alÃƚ¢Ã¢â₠¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãâ₠šÃ‚¢izà ƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãà ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ing, genâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ¢erà¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Å ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šà ‚¢alÃƚ¢Ã¢â₠¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãâ₠šÃ‚¢izà ƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ãà ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢es
v. tr.

1. To reduce to a general form, class, or law.
2. To render indefinite or unspecific.
1. To infer from many particulars.
2. To draw inferences or a general conclusion from.
1. To make generally or universally applicable.
2. To popularize.

I've never been racist. My view on religion isn't, nor has it ever been, about race. I have lots of concerns about western religion, and IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll address them (briefly) in a minute. But the fact of the matter is, I am more concerned, right now, with the religion that is widely misconstrued and makes people want to blow themselves up amid innocent people. No matter how you slice it, your holy faith is at the root, of the reasoning behind suicide bombings. So we need to look at that faith. I don't care what you believe, other than the fact that some people read the same ancient scripts that you do, and interpret them in a way that makes them want to kill.

You can say that Islam is about peace. You may even present a wealth of evidence that proves your point. You may be right. But a lot of people read the same book, and they don't agree with your interpretation.

So what do we do? We ALL study your holy books. If these people ever do pose a direct threat to us, (and there is always that chance) we should, at the very least, know where they are coming from, when they put on that bomb. I absolutely condemn taking "pre-emptive" action. I do not support the war in Iraq, it is nothing more that a poorly organized holy war put on for the Bush's pleasure. They get paid while the soldiers pay for it. In Bush Sr's VP days, Jerry Fallwell sat in on Pentagon Briefings. A crazy TELE-EVANGELIST, helped shape policy during the Cold War. If that doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t send a cold shiver up your spine, I don't know what would. I hate the Bush family for what they have done.

Back to Islam, though. Since I feel we all should look at Islam, I have. Nothing in depth, nothing that would ever make me an expert, but I have read excerpts from the Koran and the Haddith. What I have found is a fanciful story about the promise of a paradise, just for the Muslims. You don't get there until you die, and in order to secure your place in the paradise, you have to follow a bunch of highly questionable rules. That is, questionable from a logical perspective.

This all seems benign enough, but some people read it differently, and get this suicide bomber interpretation.

The PROBLEM I have, is the focus on the next life. This seeking of the next life is affecting your current life, in a bad way. It may not be damaging to you personally, but all of these bombings must affect you in a way I probably will never understand. I feel bad that people misinterpret your religion. But the fact still remains that they do. So we take a look at it, and we see that Islamic (or Christian, or Judaic) Heaven doesn't really make any sense in the first place. It is unrealistic to think there really will come a time when all of this crazy stuff is going to happen. No one's coming back from the dead. We may or may not have evolved; we probably were created by some greater being. But it's still more likely that we were planted here by aliens, than we were created by a God that loved us. Why would a God who loved us send us here? He set it up so we would suffer, and then die, and then go back to him. On top of that, after we die, heÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll only love some of us after that. Why would a God of love do that? Maybe he had to get some evil off himself, and humanities suffering was to bleed out that evil. In that case, Fuck You God, for using me, someone you say you love, to bleed off your imperfection. Something that loved me, wouldn't use me in such a horrible way. Why would a God of Love make something he knew would suffer? There is no rational explanation. WeÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢re not talking about mystery, weÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢re talking outright contradiction.
On top of that, if God is Perfect, that means he needs nothing.

perâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ¢fect (pÃÆâ€⠢»r f kt)
adj.
1. Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind.

Again I say, if God is perfect, he needs nothing. If that is true, why do we ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“haveÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €š? to worship him? Why does he ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“requireà ¢âââ ‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã ¢â‚¬Å¡? us to do anything to ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“earnÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ €š? his love. These are all states where something is lacking, so God cannot be perfect.

IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢m sorry to say it, but religion makes no sense. Everything you base it on is either improvable (because it is a matter of faith) or not even possible (by being outright contradictory). All religion is stupid.

So what are we left with? How about this:
We are beings that donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t know how we got here, but weÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve been on the cusp of new discoveries, about ourselves and our world, since the dawn of civilization. This ability expands exponentially, because of our ability to reason, and intuit. We have LEARNED, through a variety of experiences, what works best for people, and what doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t. WeÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢re not perfect at implementing it, because we have all these impulses that pull us between ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“good for meÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? and ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“good for us.âà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? But we still learn. Some things we think work good, end up not working so good. The world is flat; the world is entirely made up of Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind; Zeus was a mean old god who lived up on a hill and fucked with humanity whenever he pleased; these are all examples of things that were just plain dumb to believe in. But many, many people did, and they worked their lives around them. But once the old beliefs were dispelled, as myth or as erroneous, we shelved them and grew up a little more.

ItÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s time to grow up. We all need to accept the fact that we donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t know whatâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s going to happen after we die. Either way, chances are it has nothing to do with a bunch of shit that was written down thousands of years ago, by a collective of people, who were all just trying to make sense of the world around them. The answer they came up with got them through that time, but we no longer live in that time. True, the people in the middle east are probably just as bad off now, if not worse, that what times were like back then. But the west isnâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t. The west tamed their religion a little bit, and look how far itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s got them. If they give up on religion completely, and focus on expanding the human experience, imagine what else we could achieve, as a human population. The middle east has that chance too. It was the Muslims that discovered and refined algebra. Give up on your religion. Everyone needs to. If we donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t, either Bush and his cronyÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s will nuke the Middle East first, or a Middle Eastern terrorist will detonate a nuke on American soil. ItÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s inevitable. Quite frankly, I donâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t give a rats ass who fires first. We have to diffuse the bomb. The only way I see to do it, is to have everyone stop and think about WHY they are doing WHAT they are doing. Religion is driving us to extinction.

To to get back to my original point, Desi, youâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢re right. I do generalize. I do generalize religions, because none of them make any sense, and all of them are killing people.

I wonâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t let religion kill my two kids.

Peace Be Upon Humanity.

-ShoutWire !