Thread: In light of recent events...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 In light of recent events... 
    Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    I joined here about a year ago now. When I joined I found many helpful people that were happy to get me going in my PSP hacking adventures. I've learned quite a bit on my own since then and I'm happy to pass this knowledge onto new people in the hopes that they'll then pass this onto the next n00b.

I bought my first PSP and then soon bought another one for very cheap because it was bricked. In my limited knowledge at the time, I didn't know it was a NAND brick. A member of this forum named User_X volunteered to attempt to unbrick it but was unable to. This might seem irrelevant, but the point is... look what one person was willing to do to help someone else. I'm not asking that you all go above and beyond like this, I'm simply pointing out the fact that people used to be willing to actually help folks here.

However, what I've seen happen is people flaming n00bs. People misdirecting n00bs or straight out lying to them. Established members that have been here for years and should know better are quite often the guilty ones. You folks are the cancer that is killing pspmod... if you wanted an odd analogy.

Think about about how your actions affect the forum. If you're only here to be in the clique and mess with people, then you don't have any business being here. I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinion, even if it is negative of me. This isn't the issue. Sorry, but I'm going to start being strict about this. If receive a warning, DO take it personally.

I fully expect to get some backlash for this, but the only people that will bitch are the ones that don't need to be here.

An opinion from an anonymous long-time member...

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Being a member of a forum for some time now, I figure I would give this to Slowman. It is 100% my personal input, and nothing has been influenced by other members. I will remain anonymous.

This site is seriously going down the toilet, and fast. We have members flaming new people for not knowing how to do something, we have members misleading new people for not knowing one thing, and we have a constant battle of the senior members in the chatbox. This is disturbing. PSPMod was at one point a nice place to be, now if you're a new member you'd be better off asking your shoe how to hack your PSP; because god knows you won't be receiving any decent help from anyone here.

Recently in the chatbox, there has been flaming of several moderators. Slowman being one for his 'strict-ness', iPenguin2 being one for his young age and so called 'corruption', and other mods who I cannot remember as of this time. Let me clarify some things for you people, hopefully I can shed some light on this:

1) Slowman is not at all 'strict'. He is more or less fed up. You people(carp, bewood, electrohacker, hitokiri, etc.) are slowly destroying this site with your constant flaming and spamming. If all you're going to do is further slam this site down the shitter, you can hit the road. I am strongly for the banning of any individual who decides to take part in these things, and if given the chance to speak with Slowman personally I will throw a list of names up who deserve this action.

2) iPenguin2's age is irrelevant. Just because Penguin is 13, does not change how he moderates. Before his promotion people were strongly against it, I even was too. However, after he got it, he changed. His grammar improved, his attitude became much more mature, and he moderated great. The way you guys treat him is completely disgusting, and for you to expect him not to retaliate is stupid. But when he DOES retaliate, you almost immediately call it corruption and/or bad mod behavior. Seriously? Get over it.

This is all I have to say for now, if I have any more to say, I shall request slowman add it in one of his new posts, for I am not the most known person on this forum, and will get flamed for even saying this. I don't have time for it, and that is why I remain anonymous.
    Last edited by Slowman; 10-23-2009 at 04:27 AM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker lilmetal's Avatar
    I'm gonna have to agree with Mr. Anon.
    I've only been visiting this site again for about 2-3 days, and from what I've seen so far, the assistance the n00bs get is less than mediocre...
    Honestly, as far as I can remember, this site has always had that sort of attitude toward n00bs. I guess it's just worsened.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    People are so quick to forget why they came here, and that they were n00bs once too.

I'm not saying that I'm perfect about helping n00bs, but look through my post history; helping n00bs takes up a large majority of my posts.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    the way i see it is the most you can do is hold it off. it will always be there, thats how society is these days, in the real world and on the net

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    you were all once in that same position, so talking down to new members who dont know any better only hurts the community as a whole. help them out and someday they might return the favor to the next generation of noobs, or become valuable members of the forum. if you gonna take the time to reply to a thread, then give them the right information or just dont post
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DumpsterDiver's Avatar
    I've done my best to hold back some smart remarks. I'll admit I have said a couple hurtful things, but it's only when you explain every single little step, and they still want you to call them AND link to a live web cam to find out how to do something.

That is when they don't deserve help.

Lea
    oh how i remember the helping and sharing those days, i miss that. i took a break sometime ago ( because of carp and school work ) and when i return the chatbox got renamed to spambox for obvious reasons. =P but thats not the point. i mean, how many seniors here were once noobs? all of them, i guess..
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sirnyor's Avatar
    zackfair, my crush, are you a hellapinay?

well all i gonna do is to stick to the rules of the forum, i don't damn care whatever some people shit here are not treating to other forumers well., they not own this forum either the noobs or members,..this forum is for all..this is not also a forum, but this is also our home,peace ya all guys,

DarkAlfox, i know you are one of the moderators here in the forum.,are you here?
    Last edited by sirnyor; 10-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    PSP Slim 2006 Silver 5.00 M33-6

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker delon4o's Avatar
    i`m trying to be noob frindly but some times i loose my cool. anyway i only want to help no ofence to no one
    First PSP2k : OFW 5.03 --> CFW 3.72M33-1 --> CFW 5.00m33-4 --> 5.00m33-6 --> 5.02 GEN-A -->5.50 GEN-A --> broken screen --> sold
    Second PSP2k : OFW 4.01 --> 5.03 --> ChickHEN R2 --> CFWEnabler 3.60 --> 5.03MHU

10:35 <-Mufasa-> in mother russia, children don't walk on street, street walks on childrem

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirnyor View Post
    zackfair, my crush, are you a hellapinay?

well all i gonna do is to stick to the rules of the forum, i don't damn care whatever some people shit here are not treating to other forumers well., they not own this forum either the noobs or members,..this forum is for all..this is not also a forum, but this is also our home,peace ya all guys,

DarkAlfox, i know you are one of the moderators here in the forum.,are you here?
    No he is not a Moderator...and have not seen him in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Since I came back and posted regularly here this year, the majority of my posts are to help people. I have a lot of knowledge of the PSP and other technical areas, and like to pass them on. I also come here simply because I like to converse with many of the members.

The main problems I have are useless members and lazy n00bs. I don't like to name names, but I don't see how I can't with this. People like carp contribute absolutely nothing to this forum, with posts that are either useless, or trying to be offensive. Now I know this is a PSP forum, and naturally most members are going to be young and immature, but that doesn't mean constant immature behaviour has to be tolerated.

Moving on to the second point, I'm happy to help n00bs, as you say we were all new once, but I won't help people who are downright lazy. Sure, things like installing plug-ins or add-on kernels for example aren't the simplest of things and you might need help, but asking how to hack a certain PSP, or how to turn on the Wi-Fi like someone did a while ago, I can't be bothered with.

The site is generally good, but it's being dragged down by people talking about piracy, people who contribute nothing, and to a lesser extent, the lazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Does it matter if they pirate games or not? We've all pirated games so shut the fuck up and just help them instead of thinking you're king shit.
    I'm not a moderator, nor do I want to be one, but I come down on the pirates because I don't want this site to go down with them. I've said it before, but i'll say it again, what you, me or any member does off this board is irrelevant. If we pirate every game under the sun, so be it, but the simple rule is, don't discuss it here. The more piracy is discussed here, the more chance it has of being shut down.

Lea
    @ sirnyor, yeah, i am pinay. ^^

in the end, this thread comes to me as a wake up call for the seniors and all the others. let the helping continue once more.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Yeh this site has gone down
    Great sig made by Major zero

Member PSP User
    I'd like to chime in here if I may, I'm sure my opinion doesn't carry much weight being that I'm rather new here, but I would have to say I've learned quite a bit from this site, and everyone, with exceptions, has been more then helpful.

I've gone through the whole noob experience before with WOW, but in the end started sharing the knowledge I had gained in the years with others that needed help. And I plan to do the same here.

In regards to some people misleading people and not helping others, it does happen not much we can do. Just remember inevitably you will always marry into some retards.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killer3737 View Post
    Since I came back and posted regularly here this year, the majority of my posts are to help people. I have a lot of knowledge of the PSP and other technical areas, and like to pass them on. I also come here simply because I like to converse with many of the members.

The main problems I have are useless members and lazy n00bs. I don't like to name names, but I don't see how I can't with this. People like carp contribute absolutely nothing to this forum, with posts that are either useless, or trying to be offensive. Now I know this is a PSP forum, and naturally most members are going to be young and immature, but that doesn't mean constant immature behaviour has to be tolerated.

Moving on to the second point, I'm happy to help n00bs, as you say we were all new once, but I won't help people who are downright lazy. Sure, things like installing plug-ins or add-on kernels for example aren't the simplest of things and you might need help, but asking how to hack a certain PSP, or how to turn on the Wi-Fi like someone did a while ago, I can't be bothered with.

The site is generally good, but it's being dragged down by people talking about piracy, people who contribute nothing, and to a lesser extent, the lazy people.

I'm not a moderator, nor do I want to be one, but I come down on the pirates because I don't want this site to go down with them. I've said it before, but i'll say it again, what you, me or any member does off this board is irrelevant. If we pirate every game under the sun, so be it, but the simple rule is, don't discuss it here. The more piracy is discussed here, the more chance it has of being shut down.
    I agree 101% with what killer had to say.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast