Thread: Can someone help me with this Virus that my PC just found?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Can someone help me with this Virus that my PC just found? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Squall429's Avatar
    Ok, guys. I have AVG 8.5 and my Web Shield found a Trojan Horse Generic15.AOXE. I don't know what the hell it is, but it was found in here.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

I ran a Virus Scan, it didn't even find it.

Hell, I EVEN ran a virus scan on the file ITSELF. And it didn't find it. It keeps popping on my screen, every 2 mins or so and it's getting annoying as hell. All it says is Close. And it keeps popping up every 2 minutes. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this...? Thanks in Advance.

-Squall

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    if you had a cloud picture, i'd say reformat, but since you don't, use either SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes' Anti Malware and see what they do for you. i'm sure some of the other members can give you more info. let me google that for you and see what i find.

EDIIIIIT: What is C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe - Security Virus here's a forum talking about the scvhost.exe. I couldn't find anything about the generic aoxe file. sorry.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    svchost is a normal system process.

I don't know what to tell you about removing a virus since I just reinstall my OS when I get a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    if you had a cloud picture, i'd say reformat, but since you don't, use either SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes' Anti Malware and see what they do for you. i'm sure some of the other members can give you more info. let me google that for you and see what i find.
    Haha right on! I hate Cloud x.x And do I have to pay money for those? Cause I'm tired of getting ripped off of a scan, then when I wanna remove it it says. PURCHASE YOUR LICENSE! -_-...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall429 View Post
    Haha right on! I hate Cloud x.x And do I have to pay money for those? Cause I'm tired of getting ripped off of a scan, then when I wanna remove it it says. PURCHASE YOUR LICENSE! -_-...
    nah, those are free. Geek9 told me about SAS and slowman told me about malwarebytes. hasn't charged me anything for removing stuff and they detect files that even Spybot misses

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    nah, those are free. Geek9 told me about SAS and slowman told me about malwarebytes. hasn't charged me anything for removing stuff and they detect files that even Spybot misses
    Hmm.. I know that it's not a virus..but if I get that Virus Total thing, it'll see if it's clean, then force AVG to update that? o.o

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Here's the thing. Some viruses embed themselves in normal system processes, and some alias themselves to appear as normal system processes. I was actually going to recommend the same tools cowboycalstar recommended as they're very good with catching these things. They're both free and very thorough. AVG is alright at preventing things from getting in (I use it as well), but use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware once you're infected.

If the virus has done enough damage, I'd say reformat. It's like cancer, no matter how much you think you removed, there's always a bit left that can redevelop.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Well I scanned the file and this is what I got. Can someone tell me if it's good? Because I'm still getting that annoying pop up from AVG x.x

Virustotal. MD5: 27c6d03bcdb8cfeb96b716f3d8be3e18

<del> well it's a very new virus...which is reason to update my AV definitions.... thanks

apparently you just got it today, i don't know where you got it from, but it probably was a bad link or something. if you use firefox, you should get the plug-in called NoScript. it's tops on securing everything by disabling java and flash on all sites. you can make it so you can allow certain sites that are known and trusted.

dunno how you got it, but on the interwebs, as in life only the strong survive....i mean, be careful where you tread. you never know what you're going to catch </del>

LOL DISREGARD THAT that's that file that you need. click that link i gave you in my first post and read up on it
    Last edited by cowboycalstar; 11-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.

So..am I screwed then...? X.X

Also I think I know what might have caused it. Me and my friend were playing a Private Ragnarok online server, and yesterday it stopped working and I checked to see the website and suddenly it sent me to Meatspin -_-... So maybe that was it x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Squall429 View Post
    So..am I screwed then...? X.X

Also I think I know what might have caused it. Me and my friend were playing a Private Ragnarok online server, and yesterday it stopped working and I checked to see the website and suddenly it sent me to Meatspin -_-... So maybe that was it x.x

lol yeah that might do it

Well I'm updating to AVG 9.0 right now. You think that'll fix it?

like fred said, avg will detect it but the other two progs will *hopefully* take care of it. y'know what? just come into the chat room, cause that's what this is turning in to

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    open up your task manager and look for processes named like this b.exe or c.exe if you find em, manually remove them.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Well that's odd. I installed the new AVG and changed the Firewall settings and it stopped o.o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast