Thread: What does a PS2 chip do?

1. #1 Help with a PS2 chip? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    What software should i use to get the backup of my PS2 game that i will sell (the original game)? Do i just get backup the file with that software and then put it on a DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, or DVD-RW and run the writing wizard i have on my XP home edition? All help is appreciated. I would like to buy one today.

EDIT: Are there any non-soldering ones? I have only about 20 to 30 bucks to spend on this so make it cheap if you can. My PS2 is Version 7, i know that much. And do i HAVE to put all the backup games on DVDs or can i just store the files on my PC (which sits 4 feet away from my PS2) and use its Ultra DMA hard drive to get the movies on there. Like a hard drive that attaches to the PS2. I noticed also, that the network adapter i got with my PS2 has "HDD" on the back of it. Why? I thought Sony didn't support the backing up of the games.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker SAYN's Avatar
    plz dont doublepost, just edit...

3. #3 Sorry Just wanted to... 
    Get it on top again so more people would notice. I regret it. Post is now deleted.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker SAYN's Avatar
    ok, I understand that.
    I'm sorry, but I dont know the answer of your question, Ive only done this with XBOX games and I dont know if it works the same way...

5. #5 Ooh! 
    Wait, if the Network Adapter for PS2 that i have has the letters Hdd on the side of it that is seen when it is inserted in the PS2, why shouldn't i be able to hook up a hard drive to it? I noticed that on the lower half of the adapter there is two connector things that are not being connected to the PS2, only the one on the top is being connected. Plus there is a deep pocket under the connecting port that stretches all the way accross what the Ethernet Adapter blocks so my point is that couldn't you buy a hard disk drive (Hdd) and connect it to the lower half of the adapter and let it sit inside of that big pocket i can almost put my hand inside? The pocket takes up about 1/4 of the volume of the ps2. ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPBETTERTHANDS
    Wait, if the Network Adapter for PS2 that i have has the letters Hdd on the side of it that is seen when it is inserted in the PS2, why shouldn't i be able to hook up a hard drive to it? I noticed that on the lower half of the adapter there is two connector things that are not being connected to the PS2, only the one on the top is being connected. Plus there is a deep pocket under the connecting port that stretches all the way accross what the Ethernet Adapter blocks so my point is that couldn't you buy a hard disk drive (Hdd) and connect it to the lower half of the adapter and let it sit inside of that big pocket i can almost put my hand inside? The pocket takes up about 1/4 of the volume of the ps2. ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
    Here's your INFO for the HDD : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=468642

Here's your INFO for the MODCHIP : http://modchip.com/ps2/

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Wtf is wrong with you #7?

We aren't talking about the PSP; we are talking about the PS2. The PS2 doesn't have firmware updates.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

8. #8 Hey Settle Down! 
    It is the version of the PS2s Main/Mother board. So if anyone else is doing this, well, just beware! You need to be sure of your board version. Now, what SOFTWARE can i use to get the ISO image off of the disk? I tried using DVD Shrink as it worked great for putting VOB files into PSP Video 9, but it said that it encountered an error and couldn't do the job. So any ideas for a FREE software that works with windows?

Edit: What the fuck? I really need an answer quick here guys! I am planning on ordering it tomorrow and so i need to know if i can backup using PCs and not Macs. My dad has a mac and i don't so i need to do some on my own if you know what i mean. Some are found innappropriate by him and so he will have a talk with me about them if he sees em. By.