Thread: Where do you work?

1. #1 Where do you work? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i know about 80% of the members here arent old enough to work, but to those who do where do you work? I work at a local small restaurant and get paid under the table, been there like 2yrs. Also i just quit Gamestop today. Not a fun place to work as some might imagine. I was a "Game Advisor" which means you work for minimum wage and walk in circles around the store your whole shift. Very boring. I also help out a small plumbing company for easy $10/hr.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    I'm not in a job at the moment, but when I am, I do run of the mill administration/office work. My last job was working for an independent financial adviser.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    I work at a TV station creating schedules and automated logs for the Spanish channels that we run. We run a few channels in California cities such as Fresno, Bakersfield, Chico, Sacramento, and the Central Bay Area. We also have a handful of channels in Boise, Idaho for some reason. Most of our channels are independently leased, but we also have a few NBC affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    Also i just quit Gamestop today. Not a fun place to work as some might imagine. I was a "Game Advisor" which means you work for minimum wage and walk in circles around the store your whole shift. Very boring.
    I worked at GameStop for about three years. I started as a Game Advisor and finished my GameStop career as an Assistant Manager. When I was a Game Advisor my manager never made me constantly walk the floor as long as I kept the walls looking nice. It was probably boring for you because your co-workers and customers were douchebags (most of them, anyways). I had alot of fun working there and the only thing that kinda sucked about the job was the low payrate. As an Assistant Manager I was only getting $11 an hour. The customers were great (most of them, anyways) and all my co-workers were awesome and fun to hang out with. I loved taking new games home every day and buying games for myself from customers for dirt cheap. I also enjoyed it when we were having a Buy 2 Get One Free sale and no one wanted to get a third game, so I would end up cancelling the transaction after they left and then ringing up the sale again with the free game (MINE!). ;P
    Last edited by fubar42o; 11-13-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: i love talking about gamestop

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Junior Member PSP User
    Im in the Navy but stationed at fort meade
    Last edited by speciala106; 11-11-2010 at 04:26 AM.
    If i can read the guides and mod.... anyone can, so just read the damn guides

GO NAVY!!!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    I work two jobs atm, One is at a local dive I like to call the BK Lounge for a fun $8 and hour, the other is at a winery, where I pretty much just press buttons for $11.50 an hour.

My Gf is the bread winner, she works at a local Club called Deja Vu and a Club called Diamond Dolls/Wild Orchid in NV.
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar42o View Post
    I work at a TV station creating schedules and automated logs for the Spanish channels that we run. We run a few channels in California cities such as Fresno, Bakersfield, Chico, Sacramento, and the Central Bay Area. We also have a handful of channels in Boise, Idaho for some reason. Most of our channels are independently leased, but we also have a few NBC affiliates.

I worked at GameStop for about three years. I started as a Game Advisor and finished my GameStop career as an Assistant Manager. When I was a Game Advisor my manager never made me constantly walk the floor as long as I kept the walls looking nice. It was probably boring for you because your co-workers and customers were douchebags (most of them, anyways). I had alot of fun working there and the only thing that kinda sucked about the job was the low payrate. As an Assistant Manager I was only getting $11 an hour. The customers were great (most of them, anyways) and all my co-workers were awesome and fun to hang out with. I loved taking new games home every day and buying games for myself from customers for dirt cheap. I also enjoyed it when we were having a Buy 2 Get One Free sale and no one wanted to get a third game, so I would end up cancelling the transaction after they left and then ringing up the sale again with the free game (MINE!). ;P
    yeah my coworkers were pretty cool. but my manager just wanted me to walk around all the time and i couldnt take it anymore. i loved helping stupid customers. Wii was fun, get so confused when you start talking about the actual controller and nun chuk.