Thread: Need an Opinion...

1. #1 Need an Opinion... 
    Penis Master Extreme PSP Mad Hacker GOBLINCOCK's Avatar
    A Nintendo Fanboy Wrote this, in my opinion or fact knowledge the DS is not like an N64 because nintendo would release more Remakes of N64 games, and the few remakes there are are not the same...

is by far the best.
    graphics isn't really good on psp but it looks like because
    the screen isn't particulary big.
    it's like PSone.

DS is like n64.
    thats about the same graphics.
    media functions: could buy an mp3 player or iPod.
    I don't say PSP is bad but i like DS better.
    my biggest point is don't complain at graphics on DS,
    because it's almost the same.

Another way to look at playstation:
    Psone was originaly an add-on for snes
    sony "stole" psone, produced it,
    "evolved" it to ps2.
    without nintendo no psone or ps2 or ps3.
    nintendo = geniuses
    sony = cheap people who "steals" other hardworking peoples creations.
    Last edited by GOBLINCOCK; 12-02-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    I know that is true.

PlayStation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first conceptions of the PlayStation date back to 1986 in Japan where it was created. Nintendo had been attempting to work with disc technology since the Famicom, but the medium had problems. Its rewritable magnetic nature could be easily erased (thus leading to a lack of durability), and the discs were a copyright infringement danger. Consequently, when details of CDROM/XA (an extension of the CD-ROM format that combines compressed audio, visual, and computer data, allowing all to be accessed simultaneously) came out, Nintendo was interested. CD-ROM/XA was being simultaneously developed by Sony and Philips. Nintendo approached Sony to develop a CD-ROM add-on, tentatively titled the "SNES-CD". A contract was signed, and work began. Nintendo's choice of Sony was due to a prior dealing: Ken Kutaragi, the person who would later be dubbed "The Father of PlayStation", was the individual who had sold Nintendo on using the Sony SPC-700 processor for use as the eight-channel ADPCM sound synthesis set in the Super Famicom/SNES console through an impressive demonstration of the processor's capabilities.[14]

Sony also planned to develop a Super Famicom-compatible, Sony-branded console, but one which would be more of a home entertainment system playing both Super Nintendo cartridges and a new CD format which Sony would design. This was also to be the format used in SNES-CD discs, giving a large degree of control to Sony despite Nintendo's leading position in the video gaming market.

The SNES-CD was to be announced at the May 1991 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). However, when Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format. Yamauchi decided that the contract was totally unacceptable and he secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment. Instead of announcing a partnership between Sony and Nintendo, at 9 a.m. the day of the CES, Nintendo chairman Howard Lincoln stepped onto the stage and revealed that Nintendo was now allied with Philips, and Nintendo was planning on abandoning all the previous work Nintendo and Sony had accomplished. Lincoln and Minoru Arakawa had, unbeknownst to Sony, flown to Philips headquarters in Europe and formed an alliance of a decidedly different nature—one that would give Nintendo total control over its licenses on Philips machines.

After the collapse of the joint project, Sony considered halting their research, but ultimately the company decided to use what they had developed so far and make it into a complete, stand-alone console. As a result, Nintendo filed a lawsuit claiming breach of contract and attempted, in US federal court, to obtain an injunction against the release of the PlayStation, on the grounds that Nintendo owned the name. The federal judge presiding over the case denied the injunction and, in October 1991, the first incarnation of the new PlayStation was revealed. However, it is theorized that only 200 or so of these machines were ever produced.[citation needed]

By the end of 1992, Sony and Nintendo reached a deal whereby the "PlayStation" would still have a port for SNES games, but Nintendo would own the rights and receive the bulk of the profits from the games, and the SNES would continue to use the Sony-designed audio chip. However, Sony decided in early 1993 to begin reworking the "PlayStation" concept to target a new generation of hardware and software. As part of this process the SNES cartridge port was dropped and the space between the names was removed, thereby ending Nintendo's involvement with the project.
    See the father of PlayStation was an asshole and stole what Nintendo and Sony made together to make his own console. What a son of a bitch.
    Last edited by KoW210; 12-01-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    So what? What are you going to do about it? You want the entire Playstation brand to disappear because of some shit that happened 20 years ago? Come after my PS1, PS2, or PS3 and I'll jam your hand in a blender.

And my SNES and N64 are sitting in my closet, shrinkwrapped on the top shelf.

Penis Master Extreme PSP Mad Hacker GOBLINCOCK's Avatar
    No i was really just wondering if it was true, i prefer Sony to nintendo MGS of Zelda OoT in my opinion. i thought maybe it could be like some radicale Conspiracy

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    They didn't "steal" the PS1, they decided to release their work/research.

I would've done the same thing, why waste that hard work on some bullshit between you and a rival company? I'm sure the majority of everyone else would too.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBLINCOCK View Post
    No i was really just wondering if it was true, i prefer Sony to nintendo MGS of Zelda OoT in my opinion. i thought maybe it could be like some radicale Conspiracy
    Well there you have it it's true.

I'm not complaining I'm just saying what happened.