Thread: xbox original

1. #1 xbox original 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP bboydrift's Avatar
    does anybody know how to mod/hack the orginal xbox? shortest and easiest way?
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
    -2pac

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Yes, go to Divineo and buy this modchip for $9.99.
    DuoX 2 GS - CromwellFlashbios Edition ORIGINAL

Wait for it to come in the mail.

Bust out a soldering iron and get working. I can give you pictures of my Xbox mobo because this chip is the same as mine. You'll need to find yourself a BIOS using Xbins (mIRC) and an FTP program. Then you just have to flash that BIOS to the Xbox from a burned CD. I can help you with Xbins, it is intentionally confusing.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Wtf can a modded xbox do anyways?
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jccage View Post
    run backups, play homebrew, emulators...

Quote Originally Posted by slowman View Post
    Yes, go to Divineo and buy this modchip for $9.99.
    DuoX 2 GS - CromwellFlashbios Edition ORIGINAL

Wait for it to come in the mail.

Bust out a soldering iron and get working. I can give you pictures of my Xbox mobo because this chip is the same as mine. You'll need to find yourself a BIOS using Xbins (mIRC) and an FTP program. Then you just have to flash that BIOS to the Xbox from a burned CD. I can help you with Xbins, it is intentionally confusing.
    thanks is that the only way?
    -2pac

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jccage View Post
    Just to give you the gist of it:

- Custom Dashboard (basically the "OS", UnleashX is the best)
    - Rip DVDs/CDs directly to the HDD
    - Play games from the HDD (no disc in drive)
    - Play PS1 games, N64 games, etc
    - Media Center (XBMC)
    - Swap out the HDD (mine's 250GB)

Quote Originally Posted by Hai916 View Post
    thanks is that the only way?
    Also, you can mod it without a modchip. All you need is a copy of either 007: Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell, or MechWarrior (they cannot be Platinum Edition), and you need to make an Xbox Controller Wire - to - USB female port or buy one. Oh and you need a flashdrive to transfer the hacked gamesave. It doesn't require an soldering, just twisting the internal wiring together. However, if you can, a modchip is very quick. It takes all the work out of it. I used the softmod method because when I bought the Xbox off this kid for $20, it came with MechWarrior.

Modding without a modchip, using the other method, is known as Softmodding if you want to Google it. It's really easy and straightforward. But, I guess I would recommend a modchip since it's also really easy. Just don't take your Xbox on Live or it gets banned, just like the 360. Also, you can't just swap out the harddrive if you don't use a modchip. The harddrive and motherboard are "locked" to each other via a code. You'll need to lock any new harddrive using that code, which is easy to get. JUST USE A MODCHIP! It will all be so much easier.
    Last edited by Product F(RED); 12-24-2009 at 09:16 PM.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

bunnies ate my brain PSP Elite Hacker clwnz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post

- Media Center (XBMC)

Also, you can mod it without a modchip. All you need is a copy of either 007: Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell, or MechWarrior (they cannot be Platinum Edition), and you need to make an Xbox Controller Wire - to - USB female port or buy one. Oh and you need a flashdrive to transfer the hacked gamesave. It doesn't require an soldering, just twisting the internal wiring together. However, if you can, a modchip is very quick. It takes all the work out of it. I used the softmod method because when I bought the Xbox off this kid for $20, it came with MechWarrior.

Modding without a modchip, using the other method, is known as Softmodding if you want to Google it. It's really easy and straightforward. But, I guess I would recommend a modchip since it's also really easy. Just don't take your Xbox on Live or it gets banned, just like the 360. Also, you can't just swap out the harddrive if you don't use a modchip. The harddrive and motherboard are "locked" to each other via a code. You'll need to lock any new harddrive using that code, which is easy to get. JUST USE A MODCHIP! It will all be so much easier.
    Transform Your Classic Xbox into a Killer Media Center - DIY - Lifehacker

"I got ice in my veins,
    blood in my eyes
    Hate in my heart,
    love in my mind..."

Guide: OFW to CFW|Free ISO/ROMS!|OFW EBOOT|Guide: CFW w/o Pandora!
    MySpace|Homebrew Thread|PSP Folder Organization

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    I facepalmed so many times, I have a fractured forehead...

-2pac

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post

- Media Center (XBMC)

dude can you get me a pic guide for making your own action replay adapter out of a controller?

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    dude can you get me a pic guide for making your own action replay adapter out of a controller?
    You mean how to make a USB port out of an Xbox controller dongle? Just strip the wires and match the colors. If I remember correctly, there's a yellow wire inside the Xbox dongle's wire that isn't used. Just strip the wires and match the colors up, since the Xbox controller wire IS a normal USB wire with a proprietary adapter at the end. Plug in your flash drive and your Xbox should format it.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD