Thread: Alright so...

1. #1 Alright so... 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    I want a new PC like you guys may have seen in a previous 58 post thread! I am planning on getting it from ibuypower.com but my problem is that i don't really know all about what my pc will be able to do. You know cause it may not be able to work the right way. That is why i have come up with the idea of asking you guys that are PC gamers. What should i get if i wanna keep this pc for the next 3 years or so and play the latest games? i will now post the PC i custom selected on the site once again.

Case:NZXT Trinity ATX Mid-Tower Case w/400W Power Supply Silver
    No case lighting cause they only had Neon Lights and those can be dangerous (mom is really protective)
    Power Supply: Standard Case Power Supply
    Processor:[939-pin] AMD̉ۈ …¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ Athlon-64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology (a 2.4 Ghz, not a 2.2! cost me 41 for that upgrade from the 2.2)
    Processor Cooling: Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink (are those usually good?)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 nVidia nForce4 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 PCI-E Motherboard
    Memory: 1024 MB [512 X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand (i think it is corsair-value though)
    Hard Drive: 80 GB HARD DRIVE ---[iBUYPOWER Free double the size to 160GB] so now it is a Serial-ATA-II, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache
    They offered a second 160GB hard drive for 48 bucks more but i don't think I'll need it. i got a 120 at my dads and i haven't filled that up yet. How much do average games take up nowa days?
    CD/DVD Drive: [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD̉ۈ …¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ R/̉ہ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚±RW + CD-R/RW Drive * Beige*
    No writing drives, don't use CDs or make DVDs all that much, got a drive downstairs anyway.
    3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard They offered me a Dolby Digital Surround 7.1 Sound Card for 30 more.
    This part is good i think, Speaker System: 600W PMPO 3PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System. I listen to rock all the time so this is cool!
    The onboard Gb network card. The Gb means that i don't need an adapter for my Wireless G broadband router right?
    NO FLOPPY! I HATE FLOPPYS!!!
    I will get a nice Professional Grade CRT monitor from my dad or atleast try to. He does commercials so they are real good.
    A Logitech Deluxe Keyboard & an internet mouse from Logitech.
    All that good stuff came out to $713. They are giving out free shipping (YAY, that saves me some more money$$$)
    The case i think already has a display for temperature so i don't need it.
    For all those expensive software and accesories i got:
    A 12-in-1 internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer (Beige) to read my PSP sticks.
    Once again, i would like to avoid the purchasing of XP again so could i COPY that OS? I don't want to spend $89 on the OS! They want $89 for XP Home with SP2 and $149 more for XP Pro X64 Edition or XP pro W/ SP2! rather spend that on memory or another Vid. card ya know.
    It has MS Works 8.0 for $9
    Is rounded cables really neccesary? Seems like a ripoff to me. They want $19 for that. They will come wired and configured either way right?
    No fire wire card
    I got a Creative Labs webcam to go with it.
    Should i really get power protection with this? They want 20 bucks for one.
    No Printer
    And like i said if i have to i will spend 24 dollars on a wireless router for my 802.11g connection if that feature isn't included with my motherboard.
    Of course they gave me a Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty+Lifetime Technical Support
    and free shipping.
    So everything after all that (not including my 5.00% state tax) is $747. How good is that? ONCE AGAIN THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THIS WONDERFUL HELP! I really appreciate it
    BTW anyone got word on SPORE yet?
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    this doesnt really need a new thread... you should have just asked in the other one
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP 1PSPuser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    this doesnt really need a new thread... you should have just asked in the other one
    Yeah julie is right your just takin up space on pspmods

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i doubt that rig wil play the latest games in 3 years. find a 3yr old top of the line pc and try to run fear. youll see what i mean. 3 years ago, the amd 2700+ and ati 9800 128mb pro reigned strong. hardly enough to run fear in full specs
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i doubt that rig wil play the latest games in 3 years. find a 3yr old top of the line pc and try to run fear. youll see what i mean. 3 years ago, the amd 2700+ and ati 9800 128mb pro reigned strong. hardly enough to run fear in full specs
    Well, alright i guess that closes that idea, but you know. I just want something that will not leave me in the dust too bad, that is all. I understand that 64-bit gaming is the future(hence AMD Athlon *64*) so that will last a while i think. I know things go by fast with tech. Well, i just made this thing cause it seemed like everyone ignored my old thread but you. Guess not eh? well, how do i delete this thread? maybe re-post my first or at least part of it in the old thread. Do the Mods or whatever have to delete the threads? Or can i? Thanks again. So if you got an answer just post it in the old "i want to upgrade old PC" thread. Still can't beleive it got 58 replies. Amazing.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum