Thread: Where are you in life?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Where are you in life? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    No I don't mean location, that'd be another boring question and answer thread, I mean what are you doing with yourself at the moment. Let's get to know each other more, what we all do, and whether we're enojying life at the moment. I know a lot of the younger members will still be in education, but tell us how you're doing, whether you like it, what else is going on. Tell us if you're single, in a relationship, what your living status is, whatever you like.

So I'll start obviously. I'm 22 and currently out of full time work (since September), but at the moment I'm doing a part time IT course at my local college. I'm single, and still living with my parents unfortunatly. As soon as I get a secured well enough paid job, i'm moving into a flat with a friend. I need these IT qualifications first though.

Overall i'd say i'm content with my life at the moment. Not happy, but it could be worse. I'd like to get another job, move out and become independent, and then maybe meet a nice girl. I have health issues I'd like to overcome as well. Then i'd probably be happy.

So, now you guys. Oh and for once can we stay on topic, keep it clean, and avoid the flaming, if it's not too much to ask.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    17, got my GED, taking my Certification A+ and getting an IT job, possibly taking the Certification Security and Networking so I can get something working with the government so the government can pay for my top secret clearance (normally 100k) so I'll be able to get high paying government jobs. Going to probably move out and rent my own apartment when I turn 18. I have health stuff I have to get some surgery for in a few years that'll be expensive and fun .

P.S. And for goodness sake BE MATURE in this thread.
    Last edited by KoW210; 01-04-2010 at 02:46 AM.

L
    Married, 3 boys, 26,9 and 2.5 years old. Been with the same company 25 years, married 14 years, 45 years old and very happy.

Lea
    17, left my bf. now i dont know what on earth to do.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Turning 18 in April, Senior year of High School. I recently finished applying to colleges around where I live, NYC. My GPA isn't the greatest in the world, and it's mostly because of bad habits, rather than lack of intelligence. People tell me, and I know, that I am a smart and capable person, but I'm also told that I need to get serious about work. I'm hoping to major in Computer Information Systems and, if I can get a grip on college work, minor in Psychology.

Mostly all of my problems revolve around my bad habits. Sometimes I'm very lazy. Other times, I'm very creative. I'm an artist, a pianist (13 years), a DJ, a computer enthusiast, a modder of various technologies, etc. The point is that I have all of these skills, yet my bad habits hinder my potential. I can tell I've made my parents very sad over the years as my grades have gotten worse and worse. I say that it's at least good that I acknowledge that I have a problem, but I loathe myself for not doing something about them.

Simple things, like studying, are difficult for me. Not understanding the information, just studying. I can't and refuse to sit down and read from a textbook. I don't know what it is. I used to be an A++ student since before I entered high school, and now it's my senior year, and whatever it is hasn't worn off. The one thing I know is, I refuse to let this go on in college. I simply refuse.

I hope that by spilling our problems in this thread, we at least acknowledge we need to do something about them.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    17, 18 in april still in high school. few plans that cant be carried out so im at a loss right now. i dont think anymore must be said on that.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    20, single, in study problems in biomedics bach. because im so damn lazy, and i hope i can manage to change so i can get a good job someday. today, i guess the only thing that makes me happy right now is skating. that and girls saying how good-looking i am, cant't get enough of that. too bad they're all taken >.> well at least they're mostly all pretty hot. i guess im at a real crossroads in life.

@guapo: you officially beat everyone in age in this forum. but nice to hear you're doin good, man, join in the chat sometime, whenever it's good enough to join in
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    I am 19 turning 20 in june. I currently attend college at CSU San Bernardino for a Masters in History. I am employed by a camel-jockey/asshole who has given me only 8 hours of work in the last month. I am working at another job whose owner is a close friend of mine, so depending on her staff performance I might land another job. I am single with no plans on getting married at ALL! The girl I am currently talking to is just a hook-up and I plan on keeping it that way. It sucks to see other people on this site(and the world) who can't get work. I don't doubt people, it's just The Man trying to keep us down.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sirnyor's Avatar
    I'm 23 years old, have a nice sexy girlfriend..,working on a cellphone shop...i mod a psp for a living..,i finish computer engineering technician...,a 2 yr course..now i'm sitting in my desk sufing pspmod.
    PSP Slim 2006 Silver 5.00 M33-6

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    Turning 18 in April, Senior year of High School. I recently finished applying to colleges around where I live, NYC. My GPA isn't the greatest in the world, and it's mostly because of bad habits, rather than lack of intelligence. People tell me, and I know, that I am a smart and capable person, but I'm also told that I need to get serious about work. I'm hoping to major in Computer Information Systems and, if I can get a grip on college work, minor in Psychology.

Mostly all of my problems revolve around my bad habits. Sometimes I'm very lazy. Other times, I'm very creative. I'm an artist, a pianist (13 years), a DJ, a computer enthusiast, a modder of various technologies, etc. The point is that I have all of these skills, yet my bad habits hinder my potential. I can tell I've made my parents very sad over the years as my grades have gotten worse and worse. I say that it's at least good that I acknowledge that I have a problem, but I loathe myself for not doing something about them.

Simple things, like studying, are difficult for me. Not understanding the information, just studying. I can't and refuse to sit down and read from a textbook. I don't know what it is. I used to be an A++ student since before I entered high school, and now it's my senior year, and whatever it is hasn't worn off. The one thing I know is, I refuse to let this go on in college. I simply refuse.

I hope that by spilling our problems in this thread, we at least acknowledge we need to do something about them.
    wow, your story sounds exactly like mine...

im turning 20 in feburary, living at home with my mom. im at a community college atm (didnt have the best of grades, not the best of offers from athletic teams) and i was a 3 sport athlete doing football, wrestling and track all four years of my high school.

my hobbies are sports, videogames and making music via daw, more specifically FL Studio 5,6,7,8, and 9. my close friend is a rapper and i make beats for him and give him ideas for songs he could write stuff like that. i havent wrote a song but things i said have been turned into a chorus a few times.

my highschool is known for winning 6 straight state football championships, and i played part in the first 4 (at cornerback/safety and reciever). i am currently majoring in sports medicine at my college and currently running track (i would try to return punts but my track coach and the fb coach dont get along).

i work hard to whatever im dedicated to, but hardly any other time. im not too dedicated with school, and its showing because ineligibility is staring me in the face (i just didnt show up to class). if i dont compete this semester, school is pretty much done for me, at least transferring somewhere nice..

i could easily say im single but there are alot of people who would disagree. me and my best friend are so close when people see us together they think we are dating. we tried, but found that we should stay friends, there are tons of idiot reasons why we arent together.

enough of my problems, how about yours?
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 01-04-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Well I am 23, joined the Navy when I was 20 so I have been in three years. I am going to get out next year exactly in a year (or I can use up my leave i have saved up I can get out in November). I am currently in Japan and I love it everything about here is great. The only problem is I miss my family I havent seen them in three years, and I usually don't care but my Dad got locked up so every day is another day he is geting older and another day I can't speak to him. I provide money for my family My mom recently lost her job and her and my brother had to move in with my sister (Not because of economy, but alchol.) Well I currently don't know what to do with my life I am very happy with my girl friend (my future wife) she has a degree in physical therapym but the damn crooked recuirter out of the philippines got her to join as enlisted.......well short en I don't know what to do with my life the military is o easy there is a way to get dressed a certain time I have to wake up and a certain time to go to bed. Plus I have been to brazil, chile, korea, guam, singapore, australia, philippines, and hong kong

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    It sucks to see other people on this site(and the world) who can't get work. I don't doubt people, it's just The Man trying to keep us down.
    EXACTLY! they all want experienced people!! well im sorry, i didnt know i needed "experience" to iron clothes (seriously?), but i have experience points in pokemon biatch!!....as well as experience in the most boring job ever conceived by man, and it sure isn't ironing clothes.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    interesting stuff...

31 years old, 32 in March...

working as an electronics technician for a private defense corporation for just about 5 years...working part time also in NYC as a cook on the weekends while things kinda slowed down due to the economy, but is starting to pick up again. i started out here building the test units, now i update/grade, fix, calibrate, evaluate incoming returns for calibration, final test for shipping as well...it's pretty cool, they're pretty much for every military group around the world, Tacan, air to air, air to ground communications, DME, friend or foe indentifications, so much more...

living with my youngest sister in an apartment for almost 5 years now as well, have a gf now for 7 months...no kids

hoping to get a house when the time is right and possibly married some time too...not sure to this girl yet lol...def. want kids...
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    20 with a 4 month old son...not where I expected I would be at 20 but honestly I've never been happier.Great girlfriend who is a great mother..shitty job but it pays the bills so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    16, Just finished G.c.s.e's. Currently trying to get in to a career in the filming industry, or music editing/film editing. I got A In the gcse for it. Currently i have being part course working, a little from home in prep for the new sixth form i will soon be taking upon.

Social life is fine, got friends, some guys, some girls.

Overall, happy
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast