Thread: Six Pack?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Six Pack? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    I was wondering if any of you knew the best way to get a 6 pack (abs not beer)
    I'm not in bad shape...I'm just in more of a football player shape, I was wondering if any of you knew the best types of excersices I could/should do to get a six pack. I even googled it, but only got those plans where you gotta pay, any of you have good ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    stop fucking eating lol

AHEM:

How to Get a 6 Pack

The two simple step process to gaining six pack abs is as follows. First, gain more abdominal muscles. Second, lose body fat. The concept is simple, but putting it into effect is not. Here are some ways to do this.
    Steps

1. Do Crunches. Lay on the floor. Put both hands behind your head and bring your upper body up until your shoulder blades are off the floor. You may also cross your arms in front of your chest. Once you can do crunches with relative ease move on to...
    2. Do Sit Ups. Lie on the floor, feet on the floor, knees up and hands behind your head or crossed on your chest. Sit all the way up, lifting your lower back off the floor along with your shoulder blades. Lower yourself down. Repeat. Once this becomes relatively easy for you (i.e. you can do a quite a bit with ease) start adding more challenges. Find an incline bench or do these on an exercise ball. Once you "graduate" from that, do weighted sit ups. Hold a weight on your chest while you do these. As these become easier, hold heavier and heavier weights. This will help you build up larger stomach muscles. The larger your stomach muscles are the more fat you can have and your six pack will still show.
    3. Do Leg Lifts. Lie on the floor, legs straight out, hands at your sides. Lift your legs straight up (not bending your knees at all) until they're at a ninety degree angle (or close). Lower your legs and repeat without letting your legs touch the floor. For more challenge there's equipment at most gyms that will allow you to stand up, use your arms as support and dangle your legs. You can perform leg lifts there too. If you're using this piece of equipment, you can make it easier by just raising your knees to your chest. It's more difficult to raise your legs to a horizontal position with your legs straight. This helps firm up the lower abdomen.
    4. Train Your Oblique Muscles. It's not as important to work on your oblique muscles at first, but eventually you'll want to start working these too. These are your side stomach muscles. There's multiple ways to do this. There's twisting machines at gyms, you can twist while you do situps, or you can do side bends.
    5. Weight Lift. The more muscle your body has, the higher your metabolism is. A high metabolism means your body burns a lot of calories at rest. Many people are afraid of getting huge due to weight lifting. This is a fear that you can throw away. You will NOT gain a lot of mass if you're not taking in a lot of calories as well. This should NOT be a reason to not lift weights. If you increase your caloric intake as well as lift weights heavily, then yes, you will gain mass. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a worry.
    6. Do Cardio-Intensive Exercises. Running, biking, swimming, stair climbing, etc are great ways to burn fat. You must burn the layer of fat around it if you want your 6-pack to show through. But you need to do these activities for an extended time, so running one mile a day won't give you spectacular results. This is probably the most effective way to cut fat if you can bring yourself to do an hour of a decent intensity cardio workout 3-5 times a week.
    7. Eat Smaller Dinners. Cut down on the size of your dinner. If you're hungry, snack on fruits or other healthy, low calorie snacks. Large dinners tend to hurt fat loss because most people don't do much after dinner so the calories are left unburned and become stored as fat. You can offset this by eating a larger lunch or snacking healthily before dinner.
    8. Eat More Fiber. Most people don't get enough fiber. The recommended amount is actually absurdly high and probably twice as much as the average person gets. Many nutritionists consider fiber as contributing to "negative calories". "Fiber foods" include pasta, vegetables, cereal, and fruits.
    9. Eat Breakfast. Many people skip breakfast because they don't have time for it. Consider eating a higher fiber breakfast. If you don't have much time, consider grabbing a box of breakfast bars or a smoothie and throwing one in your bag when you leave for work or school.
    10. Eat Smaller Meals More Frequently. This helps raise your metabolism too. It's not easy to do though since it's a relatively big change to most people's routines. If you're not sure if you can get in the habit of doing this, it's better to skip it.
    11. Drink More Water. Many places suggest 8 cups of water a day. It sounds like an absurd amount of water, but it's good to get used to doing this. The truth is you do NOT need anything close to 8 cups of water to remain hydrated enough. But there is still a lot of benefit you can gain by following this advice. First, you become undisputedly well hydrated (which has its own benefits such as smoother skin supposedly). Second, you'll get minor but additional exercise from more trips to the kitchen, water fountain, or water cooler and from having to urinate. It's not much, but it's better than nothing at all. Finally, drinking a lot of water helps curb the appetite a little.

Tips

* Ease into the changes in your lifestyle. For your diet, start to eat breakfast and cut the amount of dinners little by little. For the exercise, start slow and increase pace and/or repetitions as you are comfortable. Unless you have some extreme willpower drastic changes are sure to backfire.
    * Make a photo diary of your body but don't take pictures too often, maybe once a month. Don't study your pictures intensely since you might not get motivated if you don't see a difference. If you are consistent in your diet & exercise you should see changes monthly. Keep in mind that you won't see changes in the mirror everyday since they will be very small improvements.
    * Unless you are watching your weight for another reason, ignore the reading on the scale. You may be decreasing your body fat but your weight may stay the same (or even increase) as you build muscle. Muscle tissue is denser than fat so it will be heavier than the same volume of fat. Water weight can also vary your readings by a surprisingly large amount.
    * Try to keep a steady eating routine. It will only throw your body if you skip a meal and starve yourself only to stuff your face later. Avoid such situations as much as possible.
    * For added variety you may look into using a stability ball and/or a medicine ball during your ab workout. Doing crunches on the stability ball will improve your balance, or you may use it to get a little more flexion in your abs. The medicine ball has many different uses, the simplest one being added weight.

Warnings

* Targeted fat loss is a myth. There is absolutely no way you can specifically lose the fat on your belly (or anywhere else for that matter). The only way to expose your abs is to decrease your overall body fat percentage. Here's an example: think of someone you know who lost weight. When you see someone who lost a significant amount of weight the first place you realize it is in their face. They probably had a slimmer face in general and lost the "second chin". Do you think they went to the gym and worked their face/chin?
    * If you have a bad back be careful when you do your exercises. You can injure it or aggravate any injuries you may have.
    * Don't starve yourself. Exercising on an empty stomach can lead to injuries. Also starving yourself can actually slow your metabolism down as your body starts burning through fewer calories to try to keep itself going. Not only that, but starving yourself makes it very easy to go on eating binges.
    * Fiber also acts like a mild laxative. Be careful if you eat a lot of fiber. You'll have to defecate eventually. It can also cause some gas if you're not used to taking in so much fiber. Also if you up your fiber dosage by a lot increase your water intake too. Excessive fiber with little water can result in some digestive problems.
    * Habitual snacking on unhealthy foods can be done almost subconsciously. Many people do this and don't realize how many calories they take in. They insist they eat very little (which is true during their major meals), but they don't realize that their snacking is making them gain weight or stopping them from losing weight. Avoid buying high sugar snacks and instead buy healthy, low calorie snacks.
    * Be wary of abs machines that you may see on TV. You can get a great abs workout just from using the floor. Remember that it's not the exercise that will give you the six pack. It's the combination of strength exercises (which regular sit ups and weighted sit ups accomplish just fine) and more importantly, body fat percentage loss. Those abs machines you see on TV will hardly help. Playing more athletic sports, weight lifting, and cardio exercises are millions of times more effective for fat loss than using an exercise machine. If you feel you need to use those machines, a gym membership will likely suit you much better.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Well....Thanks?
    btw: I don't eat a lot, that's what fucks me up, I eat so little somedays then eat normally the next

u can thank wikihow.com. thats where i got it google my friend
    R.I.P Zoidberg

what did you google for it?

"how to get a 6 pack" lol
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSP_Bro
    I was wondering if any of you knew the best way to get a 6 pack (abs not beer)
    I'm not in bad shape...I'm just in more of a football player shape, I was wondering if any of you knew the best types of excersices I could/should do to get a six pack. I even googled it, but only got those plans where you gotta pay, any of you have good ideas?
    Diet is needed first off, cardio 45 min 3 times a week, work ur abs everyday. For the diet protein is needed, stay away from carbs, or keep it to one day a week. Do crunch, leg raises, and my fav partial sit-ups. Start with 3 sets 20 reps, then u can increase to one set more a week, until u make it to 5 sets. Also for best results work ur abs at the end of ur workout, on ur workout days. U can go beyond that but its up to u. It takes dedication neva give up, u want it take it. Think like that. I forgot jump rope, for 5 min before u work ur abs.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    wow, I just started doing some of this a week ago.........alot of good extra info on there too

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Livinitup_042001's Avatar
    I Weigh Almost 185 Pounds! I Lost Ten Pounds But, I Want To Lose Alot More. Thanks This Thread Was Quite Useful
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!
    Halo 3 Rox! Besides the fact that it's for Xbox. Touche Microsoft.

Yea, I really only made this thread because Livinitup and Ionz told me they needed someone to tell them but where affraiad of asking
    You can check out my six pack, it's my myspace's primary pic
    www.myspace.com/biracialintercourse
    btw: Thanks Julie and Dende00

I Wouldn't Have Asked Anyway Because This Is Supposed To Be A Site For PSP Info

But It Was Good To Know A Way To Lose The Flubber We Don't Need Anyway.
    (Unless It's Winter Time)
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!

this is a pretty good question actually, because its a video game site, and gamers are kinda known for being tubby couch potatos lol
    R.I.P Zoidberg

woah julie...I didn't think you would sink that low. Between the green salsa and now, you've really let me down

this is a pretty good question actually, because its a video game site, and gamers are kinda known for being tubby couch potatos lol
    For Some Reason I Like That Word Though *COUCH POTATO* I Guess It's Because I Am One:LOL:
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!

Quote Originally Posted by PSP_Bro
    woah julie...I didn't think you would sink that low. Between the green salsa and now, you've really let me down
    and? im not here to impress anyone. if u like me, great. if u dont, so what. i dont lose sleep over shit like that
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast