Thread: sony activaly thinking about charging for PSN.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 sony activaly thinking about charging for PSN. 
    Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Just saw this.

Peter Dille: Sony "actively thinking" of charging for PSN

Activly thinking about charging. meaning they will (undoubtedly). one more money grubbing, shitty idea that will lead to their downfall. Any bets they will not last another 5 years?

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    i don't know man, it may be a good thing, may not...i just love reading the comments on that page lmao...the 2nd comment was the best:

[QUOTE]As long as we still get free online gaming then I'm good./QUOTE]

what an idiot! it's not free if you pay for psn you tool!! lol

others saying that they'll go to xbox if they charge, um, 360 charges too...i pay for that as well as running my ps3...so maybe their servers will improve, as long as it's not more than Live is, 50 for the year, then i won't complain...but who knows what will arise
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    They've been talking about charging for "premium content" for a while. Until Sony says they are charging for the access we currently have then im just going to assume they are talking about the premium stuff.

Im all for charging for whatever "premium" content they may offer because that means the customer can get more if he/she wants, and Sony has more fund to make PSN better for everyone. I dont think Sony is stupid enough to charge people for basic access like MS does.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    It will send down there console. Main difference between 360 and Ps3 is that Ps3 already has a wireless adapter and is free to play online with. Charging will end sony's console, or at least there online play.

It might be ok if it was like, a very small price, and then they improved the online community, as in chat party's etc.

Or if they done something like a upgrade, to PRO or something. Like Normal is free, but PRO had chat party's and other stuff.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

im all for premium also. but this is said ''charging for psn'' nothing is said abut it being premium.

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    they already said online play will continue to be free, thats all that matters, i dont need a premium membership so i can access qore, dynamic themes and all that mess, they can keep it, but im sure some people will pay for it

basically a premium membership will consist of free Qore access, dynamic themes, access to beta's, and some early demo access, there are other things to i can think of. online play will always be free! so dont worry about it!
    Last edited by thecoo1est; 02-05-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    I'm a Sony fan but if they were to start charging for online multiplayer, I'd choose the 360 just because more people own one. Yes, I know there are a number of ways the PS3 is a better choice than the 360, but part of next gen is the transition from split-screen to online play. After the PC, the Xbox was the first successful console to achieve widespread online play. If you're supplying the Internet, and you spent time and money to buy the console and the games, why do you deserve to pay more money for something that should be free? Server costs don't justify anything; if you're going to include a feature in a game, you shouldn't charge more for it, especially since people bought the game as a whole, including the multiplayer element. This will really hurt Sony.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker mrbob3's Avatar
    I use m33-6 and i cant access psn. So if i managed too they would charge me? yeah ok sony! well done lol

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    um, bob...I think you a little lost in this thread... they are talking about the PS3 and online gaming... not the psp... sry...

Anywho, I've read about this as well.. the new PS Mag talks kinda about it...but in the end it's either premium membership with the extra Chat Party or Cross Game Chat... and the basic.. I'm just here to Frag... lol

my thoughts of giving more $ to sony... I wouldn't mind if it $5 a month or $25 a year... thats still better then XHoax... sry had to do it

but who knows... that crazy Motion wand is coming up... and more features I'm sure they'll try to make as Eye Candy...
    Refresh for more Sigs

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    I'm a Sony fan but if they were to start charging for online multiplayer, I'd choose the 360 just because more people own one. Yes, I know there are a number of ways the PS3 is a better choice than the 360, but part of next gen is the transition from split-screen to online play. After the PC, the Xbox was the first successful console to achieve widespread online play. If you're supplying the Internet, and you spent time and money to buy the console and the games, why do you deserve to pay more money for something that should be free? Server costs don't justify anything; if you're going to include a feature in a game, you shouldn't charge more for it, especially since people bought the game as a whole, including the multiplayer element. This will really hurt Sony.
    well no need to worry, they will never charge for online multi-player, this is something totally different, this is old news btw also

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    ehh, Sony probably just sees how much they could be making and they think ZOMG if a lot of people like free stuff then more will love to pay! Hope they do it so all the PS3 owners around me will STFU

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    ehh, Sony probably just sees how much they could be making and they think ZOMG if a lot of people like free stuff then more will love to pay! Hope they do it so all the PS3 owners around me will STFU
    you know they will. its sony, the money grubbing dumbasses. i hope sony will do this. they will kill them self's then sega will have room for a come back. i want to see sega back in the game. they were better from from the get go.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Have you seen Sega's new Console? i kinda looks like a 360 but with Wii remotes... it's not a Next Gen, more like "Hey Remember Us?"

Last edited by Major Zero; 02-06-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero View Post
    Have you seen Sega's new Console? i kinda looks like a 360 but with Wii remotes... it's not a Next Gen, more like "Hey Remember Us?"

It's not technically new, it's a rebrand from something called the Ultimate Products Zone 40 Console.

Living In The Trend Times: Zone 40 Wireless Game Console--But what is it?

They're rebranding it, redesigning it slightly, and changing the 40 random unlicensed games to the SEGA classics.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Apparently Sony are gonna start the charging for online PSN play on the 2nd of December. My brother just got a message via Uncharted 2. So did i.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast