Thread: Motorola Enzo (aka Backflip)

1. #1 Motorola Enzo (aka Backflip) 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    This phone is coming to AT&T in the US on March 7th for $99 (after $100 mail-in rebate) on a 2-year contract with $30/month required data plan.

Personally, I love Android, but I think this phone is a piece of shit. The keyboard folds backwards, hence the nickname, runs Android 1.5 with the Motoblur UI (social-networking, similar to the CLIQ on T-Mobile), has a touchpad behind the screen (for scrolling) and lacks most Google apps. Yes, that's right. AT&T has been taking the "Verizon method" with their phones for the past year or so, rebranding phone UIs with their own themes and icons, and more importantly removing things like built-in mail clients, only to replace them with their own, paid, Java-based ones. They also skim through their database of IMEI numbers for phones they sell to customers, because they decided recently that the owners of some phones are required to pay for a data plan (but not grandfathered customers).

When the phone was shown at CES, it not only lacked Google Apps, but had the default search provider set to Yahoo!. I have AT&T and I never thought they would adopt Android phones, at least with their iPhone exclusivity deal. I guess this is the beginning of the end for the iPhone.

Anyways, here are specs and pics:

MOTOROLA BACKFLIP™– Wireless from AT&T

NOTE: The icon in the bottom right is the icon for AT&T's own email client (Java-based) that charges per-click. This is on all of their Java-enabled phones (minus Blackberries).

The camera is a 5MP camera located in the bottom-left corner of the keyboard, as can be seen above
    I can't stand AT&T for its restrictions and branding and for shoving data plans down people's throats. If a device is Wifi-enabled, a customer shouldn't have to pay for data. Not only that, texting should be included with data plans since it is data (and companies literally make 100% profit from it).
    Last edited by Product F(RED); 02-22-2010 at 09:31 PM.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar

Why would Moto. even bother with such a shit phone..

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Ever since the Razr, motorola has just been going downhill....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    Ever since the Razr, motorola has just been going downhill....
    Because people realised that underneath the sleak, slim body, the Razr, all versions, were terrible phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer View Post
    Because people realised that underneath the sleak, slim body, the Razr, all versions, were terrible phones.
    It's true, but they did have one hidden feature that I've used personally: Sound-reactive lighting. Check it out:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNLu9mGB7Ng[/YOUTUBE]

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    That is cool.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker seagrtj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    It's true, but they did have one hidden feature that I've used personally: Sound-reactive lighting. Check it out:
    Yes, f(red), that was about the coolest feature they had. the moto phones were easily customizable back in the days before android. People always freaked out at the club because my phone reacted to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    Yea thats pretty cool, until you start texting and get a seizure
    PS3 Online - esims16

Quote Originally Posted by applesony View Post
    Yea thats pretty cool, until you start texting and get a seizure
    Nah, you set it on a timer to use it for up to 10 minutes. Once you hit the end call button, it's back to normal.