View Poll Results: Call Of Duty Or Battlefield?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Call Of Duty

12 60.00%
  • Battlefield

8 40.00%

Thread: Call Of Duty Or Battlefield?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Call Of Duty Or Battlefield? 
    Apple Fanboy PSP Mad Hacker MadMan's Avatar
    Debate!

Call Of Duty (any)

VS

Battlefield (any)

What do you think?
    Last edited by MadMan; 03-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.

▲ ▲

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    i voted cod only on a bias really lol, never played Battlefield at all...
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Voted Battlefield have played both games and I think that the beta of battlefield beats modern warfare 2
    Great sig made by Major zero

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    battlefield 1942 vs call of duty. bf1942 was online only at the time, but cod1 had a storyline that was highly enjoyable. online in both is still strong, but the edge goes to cod1

battlefield 2 vs cod4: modern warface. again, bf2 was mostly online and lacked a campaign. cod4s campaign was near flawless, and the online was exceptional, but slightly flawed. bf2 on the original xbox was one of the first games i played online so i liked it a bit when i used to play it. again edge goes to cod series

battlefield bad company vs cod4. finally, a campaign from the BF series. fun, but i hated the way it controlled. cod4 still won out for the campaign. they both had fun multiplayer, but cod4 had more variety and was more fun in the long run. cod4 wins this round

battlefield BC2 vs modern warfare 2: this one is an unknown to me. i played the online demo for bc2 and didnt care for it. it still had the same piss poor controls of the first game (way too tight and sluggish). MW2 online isnt much better unfortunally. i didnt like it as much as cod4. theres just way too many perks that make the game way too easy for higher level players (heat scopes, etc). so this one is a tie.

overall, the contest is a rather moot point. the BF series has had a strong online aspect since the original game, through the 2nd game, and the future game that came out and no one really played. And with the release of battlefield 1943 on xbox live, it proves the game can stand up as an online only game and do well. COD on the other hand has always had a great single player experience, and multiplayer took over when you finished the single player experience. The level of polish on MOST of the cod game has been very very high, so they made you enjoy the game from beginning to end.

who wins this epic battle of war games? for me, its Call of Duty. the value in each release justifies the purchase and keeps me returning to the series whenever theres a new release. MW2 was a bit of a disappointment, but i still play COD4 regularly to this day, and throughly enjoy it.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    I'm part of the Griggs' Fan Club.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Call of Duty 4 was better than the original Battlefield: Bad Company, but the franchise itself (Modern Warefare 1 & 2) has become way overhyped. The game is just not that great. Sure the single player is great and chock full of cinematics, but the multiplayer is way unbalanced. There are just too many killstreaks and perks and its been proven that there is a way to exploit the system. For this reason, I think that the original Modern Warfare had better multiplayer. I haven't played the multiplayer for Bad Company 2, but I can tell you that this is something that could overshadow the Modern Warefare series. It has fully-destructable environments and drivable/pilotable vehicles. Yes, you can take down an entire building of terrorists with an RPG.

Again, I think that, just like the Halo series, the Call of Duty series has become too overhyped and once un/misinformed gamers start playing, they become the ultimate fanboys. They simply will not want to look at anything else, purely out of ignorance.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Battlefield is a lot more fun.
    bigger maps and vehicles.
    unlike CoD5 the vehicles on Battlefield make sense for the maps that they are on.
    I'm a fag.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    Battlefield is a lot more fun.
    bigger maps and vehicles.
    unlike CoD5 the vehicles on Battlefield make sense for the maps that they are on.
    *COD6.

COD5 is World At War, which by the way, was only fun for Zombie mode.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    i know this, there are NO vehicles in MW2...which u call CoD6.
    there are vehicles on tiny maps in CoD5 like i said.
    I'm a fag.

my biggest issue with COD5 was the invisible barriers that seemed to exist. in the trench level i went up on a hillside to change barriers as the game forced, then a sniper showed up in the trees, i retreated to get a shot from a safe distance and couldnt harm him. i had to move back into the dangerzone to do any damage. good move Treyvarch

i love the cod series since ive been able to play them all and grow as a gamer with the series. its difficult for other games to measure up simply because the cod series nailed everything that makes a war game great. im mostly viewing them from a single player experence, but the games have always been chaotic and intense. they control good, and pretty much rewrote the book on perfect shooter controls and feel. Another thing ive always liked is how you feel like youre part of a bigger battle and not just the leader of a group of guys fighting against endless waves of enemies. You teammates handle themselves, they fight alongside you, and they can get killed by enemys.

granted, the series seems to be getting slowly worse, but theres no denying that cod and cod4 were simply amazing games
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Mega Pirate I Modded My PSP i_t_ph's Avatar
    never played battle field.played some wwI&wwII cod

theres no ww1 in the COD series
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    ...This is like comparing an iPhone to a PSP Go!; they aren't in the same class. Battlefield has vehicles, exploding environments, and a fairly decent sized online multiplayer. MW2 is the complete opposite - no "man-able" vehicles, buildings DON'T explode after multiple grenades/rpgs, and there's only 12 people per room (excluding Ground War). Battlefield is more team oriented... Being successful in MW2 usually depends on what YOU do; more often than not, your assigned team sucks.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    BF2 online was fun because the maps were giant. getting one sniper kill felt like i actually earned it compared to COD where a kill is nothing....voted COD though because i hate the new battlefields.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bboydrift's Avatar
    cod mw and waw are good games
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
    -2pac

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast