Thread: To settle the console wars!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 To settle the console wars! 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    This is MY thought on the so called "console wars". Not someone elses. i didn't copy and paste.

The PS3: First off, its so damn pricey! You know what that means? It means that it will HAVE to drop. Until it does it will not generate enough money to pay for good games and stuff, rendering the console totally useless. So Sony will finally get their big gay heads out of their big gay assholes and make a profit from the systems by making them more popular by making more money to spend on better games. So all in all don't buy the PS3 YET! The PS3 will be a failing console, atleast temporarily from the first couple months or so. It has slightly better specs than the 360, but hey, since when was it ALL about the specs? You need success to follow through.

The XBox 360: A system that as you probably know is terrific. It has wonderful graphics and a great feeling remote. I almost recommend this system over the PS3. BUT NOT YET! I know from experience that a system in the beginning is not as good as it is a little into its age. Yes it is quite tempting to go buy a beautiful system with its awesome new capabilities. But you must wait several months before you buy in order for the developers for it to get a feel on how it works and some really nice tequniques. So with that said i come to my conclusion:

You should wait to see some of the results first. Get the XBox 360 if you were planning on getting the PS3 too. If you were planning on choosing one like most people, then i suggest that you take into consideration the PS3. Don't get your hopes up, but as i see it the PS3 should drop quite dramatically within its first few months on the market. I expect it to drop around the XBox 360s price. So just wait. If the PS3 drops like i think it will then it will for sure be the dominant system. A price drop equals success in profit, which also means more money towards better games! And of cource like i said in the beginning, the PS3 has better specs, and the better games is the follow through. Once again PS3 drops price if not succesful at first then better games come out, its got better specs already, so the PS3 could be better depending on a price drop or not. Even if you can afford the PS3, don't buy until it is determined a successful system. Dont know how to make it any simpler.

P.S. i dunno really about the Wii. Not to put it down but it looks like it will not suffice for gamers anywhere near the "hard-core" range. Like i said just my opinion.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Dont u think a real 100% fan wouldn't worry abouts its price. That would be like sellin out on ur # system. Then ur not a 100% fan if u wanna wait.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPBETTERTHANDS
    1. The PS3: It means that it will HAVE to drop. Until it does it will not generate enough money to pay for good games and stuff, rendering the console totally useless.
    2. So Sony will finally get their big gay heads out of their big gay assholes and make a profit from the systems by making them more popular by making more money to spend on better games.
    3. So all in all don't buy the PS3 YET!
    4. It has slightly better specs than the 360, but hey, since when was it ALL about the specs? You need success to follow through.

5. The XBox 360: A system that as you probably know is terrific.
    6. It has wonderful graphics and a great feeling remote.
    7. I almost recommend this system over the PS3. BUT NOT YET! I know from experience that a system in the beginning is not as good as it is a little into its age.
    8. Yes it is quite tempting to go buy a beautiful system with its awesome new capabilities.
    9. But you must wait several months before you buy in order for the developers for it to get a feel on how it works and some really nice tequniques. So with that said i come to my conclusion:

10. You should wait to see some of the results first. Get the XBox 360 if you were planning on getting the PS3 too. If you were planning on choosing one like most people, then i suggest that you take into consideration the PS3.
    11. Don't get your hopes up, but as i see it the PS3 should drop quite dramatically within its first few months on the market. I expect it to drop around the XBox 360s price. So just wait.
    12. If the PS3 drops like i think it will then it will for sure be the dominant system.
    13. A price drop equals success in profit, which also means more money towards better games!
    14. And of cource like i said in the beginning, the PS3 has better specs, and the better games is the follow through. . 15. Even if you can afford the PS3, don't buy until it is determined a successful system. Dont know how to make it any simpler.

16. Not to put it down but it looks like it will not suffice for gamers anywhere near the "hard-core" range. Like i said just my opinion.
    1. The PS3 is probobly going to sell its first couple million units no problem. The problem is after the first 4-6 months. Sony needs to get many many GREAT games in order to attract other customers rather than the core Sony fanbase.
    2. I don't think they have "Big gay heads" inside of their "Big gay asses." That being said, Sony is acting awfully confident. They need, after that whole E3 conference fiasco, to start attracting people by getting as many developers to support them rather than tell the developers that Sony doesn't care. Further, Sony should have paid the money to get GTA Exclusive, at least for the first six months of the PS3.
    3. First of all, you can't buy it yet . Secondly, I would wait for the Launch title list, and decide if you really want to play the games on that list. If not, wait (or buy three and sell em on Ebay for a huge profit).
    4. True that.

5. The 360's library is no where near the quality (and/or amount) to call it terrific. For me, it's more the opposite. The 360 has dissapointed me. They needed to push out as many Killer apps as possible before the PS3 launch.
    6. A great feeling remote? WTF? What kind of person would say a console is good because of its remote?
    7. Good thing you didn't, because you were right...it's too tough to tell now, you'd need the console to be released before someone can make somewhat of an accurate assessment.
    8. I wouldn't call it a beautiful, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so whatever
    9. QFT.

10. QFT
    11. I definently wouldn't tell people it'd drop in price the first couple of months. It all depends on Blu-ray. If Blu-ray starts selling, then the drive will be mass produced, hopefully causing a much lower price per drive. Also, as time passes the parts will become cheaper. That being said, remember Sony is still taking a huge hit per unit even though it's selling for 600$ a piece. Even if Blu-Ray becomes cheaper, the PS3 won't see a price drop probobly untill next christmas time. I could be full of shit here as well....so there.
    12. Like you said before, it's not the hardware so much as the games. If the 360 (or there's even a very big chance for the Wii) has many more big games, then it'll sell more. Sony just needs to focus on getting a shit load of good games out. If so, they'll be in good shape.
    13. Not necessarily. A price drop means less profit per unit, or perhaps even bigger debt for the Company to crawl out of. The hardware is going to lose them money at least for a while. Sony selling more doesn't necessarily mean better games, means that more people are buying the system. That would be placed on the developers.1
    14. The better specs is also on the developers. They can choose to flesh out the hardware, or they can make it just like the 360's graphics. This effect is happening on the 360 right now. Games are coming out that look barely better than the X-box, causing people to think that the 360 is X-box 1.3.
    15.Buy it if you want it to be a good system. If everyone just waits for it to be good, then nothing will happen. The system won't sell, and it'll be known as the most expensive piece of crap system ever.

16. I am a hardcore gamer (well, I'd say) and I plan on getting the Wii first day. In my opinion, that console will become the DS of portables. People question it ( I questioned the DS), but it will, hopefully, shock them. They just need developers to support the system's features.

I'm tired of writing this post.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

That was a lot of detaiedl useful information. U should make a newsletter wit info like this, if ur tired of postin next time.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    im more excited about the wii then the ps3. nintendos games are just more fun. plus the system is much more afordable. the ps3 will sell... but its mostly gonna be people who work and spoiled kids
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    im more excited about the wii then the ps3. nintendos games are just more fun. plus the system is much more afordable. the ps3 will sell... but its mostly gonna be people who work and spoiled kids
    So wha kind of people are the wii for. I guess I would pic the wii also if I still had a horndogg mind. I do agree it is adorable but its performance is somethin else. PS3 is for anyone me for example work, lil brat, and a lil more, I manage its not that bad to buy the PS3. Im sure mainly all the children in here prob feels the same way, but they dont have any money to buy the PS3. So maybe its the Children in here that would get the wii along wit a few other adults. PS3 can really bend ur mind. Dont u agree?

not really. i dont agree in spending 600$ for device that does nothing but play games. sure, my gaming laptop costs 2.5 times what the ps3 costs, but its aslo a computer and does a hell of alot more
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    not really. i dont agree in spending 600$ for device that does nothing but play games. sure, my gaming laptop costs 2.5 times what the ps3 costs, but its aslo a computer and does a hell of alot more
    It doesnt just play games. Need I remind you of the blu ray possibilitys?

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

nope. not impressed by blu ray.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

nope. not impressed by blu ray.
    I guess the comp is definitely for u. But I thought this was bout the topic was bout the game consoles. I should pay more attention.

u oviously missed the point. i refuse to pay $600 for a eletronic that only plays game and a couple of features that my pc can do, only better and more effectenly.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Livinitup_042001's Avatar
    You Tell E'm Julie
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!
    Halo 3 Rox! Besides the fact that it's for Xbox. Touche Microsoft.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    blu ray: 50gb
    dvd: around 5gb

Comparing PC gaming to console gaming isnt justified. PC gaming is a way of life. PS3 is using more advanced technology, and thus costs more to produce. Therefore, it will cost more to buy. And if you want to play sony franchises, like MGS, well, get a ps3.

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

im really not interested in MGS anymore. i didnt like 2 or 3. and buying a console for one game isnt worth it right now. i gurantee after 6 or 12 months, their wil be more then enough decent ps3 games to justify the price. hopfully it will be lower by then too
    R.I.P Zoidberg

u oviously missed the point. i refuse to pay $600 for a eletronic that only plays game and a couple of features that my pc can do, only better and more effectenly.
    Yea but ur pc dont have better games, Im certain of this, besides Starcraft. I give that game a lot of respect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast