Thread: Stop All The Flaming!

1. #1 Stop All The Flaming! 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    STOP FLAMING PEOPLE! its really annoying, like half the posts on this forum are people getting killed over ISO talk or whatever. Like some guy in another thread said someone with the power to, put a big sign on the homepage or something probably right where you post your threads or whatever. My god come on you should really stop flaming people. I get tired of being on the forums sometimes because I have to read through a ton of bull shit from people that aren't noobs to the forums. Just what i feel should be done to improve these forums.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker adg12012's Avatar
    fucking noob...you dont know anything about flaming!!!!!!
    no, just kidding...I agree with what your saying...people are so eager to make other, less "psp savy", people feel bad

firmware 1.50/2.71 Socom name: adg12012 *** Xbox 360 name: adg12012
    http://apple.freebiejeebies.co.uk/62225 -- help me get a computer for college
    just complete one offer + get free things for yourself

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i find it to be humerous,should of had a poll, for flaming and not for flaming..i vote for

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    We've had thses talks. Some of us memebers are just rounding up to have been on these forums for a year now. We've gone througha lot and see a lot of bullshit. I agree with you on the flaming, One post of flaming to a person is enough. I see a lot of people saying "SEARCH MOTHER FUCKER!" and then the next post is something like "SEARCH, GOT IT??", I mean, when something is posted and he should search, just tell them and wait till the mods lock the thread or point them in the right direction. I can see people flaming a person because we see a lot of this almost eevverrry day and it just gets annoying. You've only been here for almost 2 months, and I can see you taking all the bullshit from noobs, but once you've been here for more than nine months, it gets annoying man let me tell you. So we just don't really want to deal with it and just, I guess you could call it flaming, actually no, we rarely flame. You cant really call it a "frinedly" post but you can't really call it flaming. I don't think Ive flamed that much, only if im in a bad mood or see something over and over. But you have to understand, flaming gets right to the point and shows the discipline on this forum and it gets the members attention and it shows we will take action if they do something wrong. Now don't get me wrong, we're not going to send out that message on the first time they do something wrong, everyone makes mistakes.

Ok i'm rambling on so this is just my conclusion and my opinion: If someone makes a mistake about asking a question and not searching, ONE person tell them to search and not like 47382 people, it really gets to me when hundreds of people start replying to that thread just to tell him to "search". If you want to lead him in the right direction, hey, that member would be MORE than glad for you to do so. But it comes to wether you want to or not.
    Now IMO, if someone talks about ISOs, we have to get straight to the point and tell them NO illegal iso talk WHATso ever. But once again, only one person has to tell him. It doesnt take more than 1 person to tell him, if he listens, he will listen and learn the first time. If nots, we have to lay down the line once again and be a little bit "harsh"

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    I agree with jrmdb3...
    If a person asks something clearly stated in a sticky, tell them to search and if you want, post a link for them. After one person has told the poster to search and/or said not to discuss what they are talking about because its illegal, no one else needs to reply. There is no reason for 6 people to all say the same thing. Its just like spamming or being a post whore. There is no need to restate something that was just posted or to reply with a "Yeah, I agree" type of post.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzle
    I agree with jrmdb3...
    If a person asks something clearly stated in a sticky, tell them to search and if you want, post a link for them. After one person has told the poster to search and/or said not to discuss what they are talking about because its illegal, no one else needs to reply. There is no reason for 6 people to all say the same thing. Its just like spamming or being a post whore. There is no need to restate something that was just posted or to reply with a "Yeah, I agree" type of post.
    you guys get my point exactly! Nicely said Jrmdb3. I agree with you totally. BTW, any thoughts on the little message on the home page, sign up page, or when you start a new thread or post? I think if we did this then the mods and admin and whatnot would be very pleased! We wouldn't have to be so uptight all the time. And also, slightly off topic i think that we should be more strict about the deletion of members. Ever taken a look at the "Members List"? Its filled with people that have absolutely NO posts! Its insane. Please limit the number of users to an IP address limited to about 2 or 3. Maybe delete the user if he or she doesn't post for 10 days if they are a junior member. Im not trying to complain, just letting you know my thoughts on the ways we could quite easily improve these forums. These are BY FAR the GREATEST forums i have ever seen! I do everything PSP related via this site! Thanks for makeing it.

EDIT: LOL, "I agree with jrmdb3...There is not need to restate something that was just posted or to reply with a "Yeah, I agree" type of post." OMG drizzle, are you a post whore
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Well you see, I dont think any of the Mods have enough power to do that. Only the Webmaster and Admin have control over that sort of thing. And it looks like they dont really care about how to improve these forums, i think...
    Trust me, we are trying everyway to make the forums a better place for you guys. We have tryied reaching the AdminWebmaster several times through PM, the forums, and even email. The last response I've gotten from them is about like 3 months ago.

EDIT: PSPBETTERTHANDS, thats not all Drizzle had to say...

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Limitting the number of accounts per IP does not work because of proxy IP addresses. All the users in the Newyork area using AOL share the same aol proxy IP address. So that won't work.

I like the idea of cleaning up inactive users. If a user has 0 posts and in inactive for 30 days, I say delete them. Thats about all you should really do though. You can not delete a user with at least one post because of the way the database tables are laid out. There is a foreign key relationship between a user and a post and deleting the user will corrupt the data in the posts table.

Oh yeah, PSPBETTERTHANDS... I realize I just rehashed what jrmbd was saying and just replying with an "I agree kind of post" but I added some substance to it and did not just leave it as a 4 word post with no content. I am a post whore if you consider me one, but I can assure you I have contributed a lot more quality posting to this forum then you have (I do not mean you are not a quality member in any way, I am just stating my opinion that I have done more in my time here to help the community).
    Before you post please

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    What about setting up another section for noobie questions? I know we have stickys...but when you get 40 pages on one sticky...it can get a little messy.

Is there anyway we can condense that information to ease their searching and seperate it from the other forums....like a "New to PSP Forum"...that way the new people know where to go to find information..and post stickys there...not spam the stickys...and as new info comes in...letting the old info fall to the bottom?

I'll be honest...if I was new to this..and I had to dig for any more than 15 minutes to find one thing out...I would probably give up and just ask.

I like that idea demondude... last time we had a thread discussion on improving the forum that same idea came up.
    Before you post please

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    yeah but there are sections for noob-questions, there called STICKYS.
    you should try reading them

we've had these kind of threads before but they all end with no new input or any changes being made to the forums since admin as jrmb said is MIA.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker crimsn's Avatar
    Well first I wanted to apologize to rengoku for flaming him. Im sure he didnt know any better. And your right demondude, everyone gets lazy so they just ask, hell its alot easier than reading But still it just eats at you when you look through 30 threads with different names thinking it might be something you can actually help someone with and its just a "hi where can I dl illegal games", and after you tell then its illegal they never come back indicating that that is the only reason why they signed up. anyways sorry rengoku i guess ill just have an automated response saved on my computer for such questions like that from now on. Im having a dreadful day if you couldnt tell already.
    tnx drizz

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Can we lock the old stickeys and start anew.....copy what is still good and paste them and repost....

Especially with all the new updates that has been going on...I am sure it is enough to make a new person's head spin.

"Wait I can't run on 2.6 but I can if I downgrade..but I need a 1.5...and devhoook it to where...attach my freeloader uncle and tweak the ram, get scurvy from my neighbor's kid and eat more vegetables?? I just wanna run RIN!" You know....

Its gonna be a lot of work...but its a start. Plus if we did that...when someone came on asking a question about a issue discussed in the sticky....we can just post the link to it....I'm sure that would be much more appriciated then the "did you search?" approach. It would take us mere seconds..and it would point them in the right direction...then they will be able to help out those coming with the same question.

I know we would have to do a lot on our ends to get it there...and I would be willing to help out. I am not a PSP expert because I have only been running 1.5 for games and emus...but I would be willing to do what I can.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Awwww, the flaming... I've been here for quite a while now and I have yet to flame one person I think I need to flame someone I also want to be a post whore so this is my first post with no real value.

What's the going rate these days for post whores anyway ?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker crimsn's Avatar
    or maybe like a reminder with links to starter stickies. like for new users for the first 2 or 3 days when they post a thread saying "hey noob! have you checked your stickies today?" and maybe theyll be like "well nope I sure havent" and solve their question without posting

TZone - oh geez theres so many nowadays its really crashed the market lol.
    tnx drizz