Thread: My personal break down of M33-6 to Gen:

1. #1 My personal break down of M33-6 to Gen: 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Since now the release of the m33 prometheus installer pack for 5.00m33, i've been running it.

I was discussing it over the phone with El Guapo and some texts here and there with others from here like dankgame...so i'm just making this for a discussion purpose of pro's and cons from me and any others, it's not a cfw battle discussion or bashing.

my takes:
    i say with this new release for m33-6 pretty much just killed Gen's 5.50cfw's, for now anyway...but i must say, for my purposes and personal reasons i must say that i DO prefer Gen over it. i'm sticking to m33-6 prometheus and my 1.5kernel add on modded 1k for the time being, mostly cause i don't wanna flash it again, did it 4 times yesterday looking for comparisons.

my comparisons and why i prefer my choice:
    i like the Gen recovery menu better to be honest, from D1/2, not D3 cause it lacks the softmodding options and functions in its cfw and recovery menu.
    i also prefer the auto sign in feature on it when i play RR online, i'm too damn lazy to want to press X when signing into my routers lol.
    i really have no uses for 1.5 either, but i already had that beat on Gen with use of Time Machine.
    my ps1 games that i do have, have always run on my Gen cfw's without popsloader, so that is not needed for me either.

so that's pretty much my only reason why i still prefer Gen's D2, prometheus flashed cfw over my M33-6 prometheus 1.5kernelled setup.

anyone else try these types of comparisons with these cfw's??
    [CENTER]

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    I would prefer M33 again; have yet to flash M33 back to the psp though.

Not having to uncorrupt save data from M33-6 -> D3. (I was too lazy to do this, so all my shit is corrupt atm).

IRshell without having to run that updater (Not a big deal iirc).

Jubba, run the patcher for it, in my guide bro...if not, use the switcher to go to D2...

another fix, lol, use d1 to d2 then run prometheus...but on D3, my nephews game was corrupted, flashed prometheus in it, gone.
    [CENTER]

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I went back to M33 yesterday, tbh there are some things that I miss mainly from the PSN easy access pov (auto signin as Goku said), but for homebrew nothing will beat M33, but we'll see, maybe GEN will step up to plate and actually do something decent with a new firmware, but for now there isn't any real reason to keep GEN (unless you like some of the new firmware features) IDK though, I had long ago resigned myself to the fact that there will be no new PSP cfw.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Ah that's cool Goku, although i'd still probably just flash back to m33. I had no reason to go to D3 in the first place. Wasn't playing any games that required decrypting, and wasn't playing it period. :P

Good to know there are simple ways to remedy that corruption though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    I went back to M33 yesterday, tbh there are some things that I miss mainly from the PSN easy access pov (auto signin as Goku said), but for homebrew nothing will beat M33, but we'll see, maybe GEN will step up to plate and actually do something decent with a new firmware, but for now there isn't any real reason to keep GEN (unless you like some of the new firmware features) IDK though, I had long ago resigned myself to the fact that there will be no new PSP cfw.
    i'm honestly considering going back just because of the auto sign in feature lol...i hate pressing X and sometimes i space out while waiting to connect, so it just sits there waiting for me to press it.

@ Jubba...i prefer the D1/2 installer now over D3 and if people ask me how to get to 5.50pro, i recommend that route over D3 completely.

mostly cause of the corruptions it may cause, the recovery menu's better and it's just an all around more solid installer...i still say this though "even though no Gen cfw since 5.50A have i had a single error or corruption in any way". but it happens to others.
    [CENTER]

bumping for a new report...shit's buggy for me, i reflashed m33 3 times this morning...the bugs i got:

1. it seems i have to reboot almost every other time i swaps memory cards since running m33-6 prometheus...it freezes my psp when i go to my internet radio player

2. ran the new option, install all flashes...my psp couldn't read a single app or game after!! kept getting the solid orange light on the psp, reflashed it, tried again, same shit, reflashed it again.

i'm now seriously considering D2 prometheus again, that shit was solid as could be!! but i'm holding out, going to see if anymore things arise.

edit...went back to D2 prometheus, couldn't take the freezes anymore and needing to constantly reboot the psp when swapping sticks...
    Last edited by goku2778; 07-15-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    [CENTER]