View Poll Results: What do you think of Recovery?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • His Best Album yet

0 0%
  • It's pretty good

6 60.00%
  • It's not that good

0 0%
  • His worst album to date

4 40.00%

Thread: Eminem - Recovery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Eminem - Recovery 
    I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    To be honest, I think this is his worst album to date. I thought Relapse was pretty bad, but that accent on Relapse isn't as annoying as the loud and angry voice on Recovery.

I mean Not Afraid was a great single, I had high hopes for the album, but I wasn't expecting half the songs to be about him being jealous of Lil Wayne and being a fucking pill popper. I mean okay its cool you're back, but when are you going to start making songs ABOUT popping pills and just getting fucked up. I miss the old Eminem, and I don't like the new one .

Of course for the people who listened to Eminem for the first time recently should be in love with the song "Love the Way you Lie", what the fuck. He should be making fun of Megan Fox, not have her star in the music video.

I just wanted to know what you guys think, cause right now I feel like I'm alone on this one

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    megan fox sings?

yeah, i think the best album he has is curtain call: best hits.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    I miss the "Mean, I hate everyone" Em..

I mean that's what made him stand out, besides being white.. this Mofo HATES THE WORLD... and I loved it! lol
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Every artist has their redefining moment, and here it is. Basically if you put out the same kind of shit that you came out with, it gets old and stale, especially in the rap game today. Pretty much every record (thats mainstream) thats out this year has a face-melting amount of auto-tune or an audiobook version of a gangster Richard Simmons. The most painful is the combination of both of those things. So at any rate, anything that sticks out as different already gets a B+ in my book. He puts out an album thats leaps and bounds better than Relapse, so even an album that could only be average at best just sounds fucking amazing in comparison to whats out now.

I think that after an artist has his/her first 2-3 albums, they lose their sting as an artist.

ive been an eminem fan for about 10yrs now and with over 300 of his songs i can say thats just my musical life. Now this album is alot more than just him complaining. This album shows his growth as an artist. He cant just keep saying fuck the world and lets snort coke, hes almost 40, kids are getting older and it wouldnt feel right. His new songs show a more mature side, also he cant really make fun of any recent big celebrities because he at the time didnt really know any. During the 4year hiatus he never watched TV, listened to the radio, and dosent even know how to turn on a computer.

but anyway I love the album and it has been in my truck since the day i bought it. It has nothing on the Marshall Mathers lp which is his best album, but its up there. At first i liked Relapse more because it was just him on the album pretty much, Recovery has alot more guests and sampled hooks. But now i see it as probably his most serious album to date behind the Eminem show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    ive been an eminem fan for about 10yrs now and with over 300 of his songs i can say thats just my musical life. Now this album is alot more than just him complaining. This album shows his growth as an artist. He cant just keep saying fuck the world and lets snort coke, hes almost 40, kids are getting older and it wouldnt feel right. His new songs show a more mature side, also he cant really make fun of any recent big celebrities because he at the time didnt really know any. During the 4year hiatus he never watched TV, listened to the radio, and dosent even know how to turn on a computer.

but anyway I love the album and it has been in my truck since the day i bought it. It has nothing on the Marshall Mathers lp which is his best album, but its up there. At first i liked Relapse more because it was just him on the album pretty much, Recovery has alot more guests and sampled hooks. But now i see it as probably his most serious album to date behind the Eminem show.
    For someone who could pass as Eminem...

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post

I can see where you're getting at. I guess I'm just one of those people who's stuck in the past....

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    It's good to see him "Evolve" and change as an artist... but his glory days were to me.. the best...

look at the rock band Staind, they came out of left field as this New Metal band... hit's like Mudshovel, Just go, and Home were sick... but... fast forward a few years, and this New/Heavy Metal band... went VERY soft... and that spark of Rock.. kinda went out...
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    megan fox sings?

yeah, i think the best album he has is curtain call: best hits.
    She stared in the video for it [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U[/YOUTUBE]

I think its pretty good, but yeah, Curtain Call is probably the best.

I thought it was a amazing album to be honest.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

pretty sure you cant call his greatest hits album is best album. Thats not really an Em album more of a mixtape as i see it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Malqui's Avatar
    rap sucks.

cant spell crap without rap

rap is actually an acronym. it means: Retards Attempting Poetry
    PsP FW hist: 3.9 OFW --> 3.71 m33-2? --> 4.01 m33-2 --> brick (non fixable. thank goodness for blacktie protection) NEW piano black 3.9 OFW -->4.01 m33-2 --> 5.00 m33-4 -->5.00 m33-6
    PSP's modded/fixed
    124 Phat 100x
    252 slim/light 200x
    1 slim/light 300x

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    I don't like Rap either, I just like Eminem really.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Slim Shady sold out to the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Malqui View Post
    rap sucks.

cant spell crap without rap

rap is actually an acronym. it means: Retards Attempting Poetry

Heh. Black culture has influenced any and all American music for the last idk... 120 or so years or more, so technically whatever you listen to = crap. kthxbai

But thanks for your opinion!

L
    Why was Marshall in recovery??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast