Thread: Samsung Galaxy S playing Eboots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Samsung Galaxy S playing Eboots 
    Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Just thought you guys might want to see this:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYSAYTnvJA[/YOUTUBE]

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    what? what the fuck? why not just a direct PSX emu instead of a emu running a emu.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

I'm not going to get into the technics but it is pretty cool seeing something like this. I mean, I just saw this phone for the first time about 3 weeks ago.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    That's PSXDroid, the PSX emulator. I'm picking up a Samsung Epic 4G on Tuesday morning. Best $250 I'm ever gonna spend. 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, Super AMOLED display, 5 row qwerty keyboard and front-facing camera. Sweet. The one in the video is closest to the Vibrant (the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S), except that's the internation version that has a trackpad in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by xavis View Post
    what? what the fuck? why not just a direct PSX emu instead of a emu running a emu.
    It's one emulator. PSXDroid.
    Last edited by Product F(RED); 08-25-2010 at 03:07 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    That's PSXDroid, the PSX emulator. I'm picking up a Samsung Epic 4G on Tuesday morning. Best $250 I'm ever gonna spend.
    I figured you would check this out. I had a feeling you would show up. So, how does something like this work on an droid phone?

How well? On the higher-end phones it runs fine. Evo, any of the Galaxy S phones, any of the Droid models, and basically anything at or near 1 GHz. These phones have very powerful mobile GPUs in them as well. There's a benchmark app called Neocore used to check framerates on Android phones, as well as Linpack and Quadrant Standard for benchmarking the CPU. The Evo is a special case because it's powerful enough to reach around 60 FPS, but it's capped at 30 FPS max because of its HDMI port (it can't output more than 30 FPS). If you root it though, you can uncap it.

And technically they're not eBoots btw. Just PSX ISOs. I have a crappy Samsung Intercept that I'm trading in for the Epic on Tuesday and that handles GBA/GB/NES, etc games just fine.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

How well? On the higher-end phones it runs fine. Evo, any of the Galaxy S phones, any of the Droid models, and basically anything at or near 1 GHz. These phones have very powerful mobile GPUs in them as well. There's a benchmark app called Neocore used to check framerates on Android phones, as well as Linpack and Quadrant Standard for benchmarking the CPU. The Evo is a special case because it's powerful enough to reach around 60 FPS, but it's capped at 30 FPS max because of its HDMI port (it can't output more than 30 FPS). If you root it though, you can uncap it.

And technically they're not eBoots btw. Just PSX ISOs. I have a crappy Samsung Intercept that I'm trading in for the Epic on Tuesday and that handles GBA/GB/NES, etc games just fine.
    Damn, that's crazy. Hey Fred, I heard over the radio that Blackberry is coming out with an iPhone killer. What do you think?

Last time I heard that, we were "blessed" with the Blackberry Storm, which was a flop. My dad uses one for business. I have nothing good to say about it. And the Torch is a flop too, but still better than the Storm. RIM keeps trying to appeal to the common consumer when it makes all of it's money from business.

Look at it this way. Most people are stupid. It's blunt but it's true. The iPhone, which by no means is a stupid device, is easy to use and allows you to do most realistic tasks fairly easily. It really depends on your preferences. Having owned both an iPhone and an Android device, I can say the iPhone's UI is much more polished but Android lets you do a whole lot more. Plus, Android devices can fit into almost any budget since the OS spans multiple phone models and companies. I dislike the term "iPhone killer" because, whether or not I like it, I don't think anything will win over the iPhone in the general consumer market (meaning the everyday user). If you want to talk about it from a technical perspective, I think Android wins over the iPhone. And in the corporate world, Blackberry trumps them both. Blackberries are designed for work. Yes, there are Facebook/Twitter apps and little games, but they're really designed for constant communication.
    Last edited by Product F(RED); 08-25-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    The hivemind Fred clears up any and all confusion on anything technical.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    PSX4All/iPhone has been able to do this for quite awhile.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikz View Post
    PSX4All/iPhone has been able to do this for quite awhile.
    A) I haven't been able to run it smoothly. Even the GBC runs into quite a bit of problems

B) This actually runs it SMOOTH.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    The point of this thread is - Android phones rock.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    A) I haven't been able to run it smoothly. Even the GBC runs into quite a bit of problems

B) This actually runs it SMOOTH.
    Your iPod = 600Mhz or so.
    These phones = 1Ghz.

Of course it won't be perfect, but it still does it.
    I wonder how the Open Pandora would run PS1 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsofwar210 View Post
    The point of this thread is - Android phones rock.
    WHOA! KoW???? You coming back?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    That's PSXDroid, the PSX emulator. I'm picking up a Samsung Epic 4G on Tuesday morning. Best $250 I'm ever gonna spend. 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, Super AMOLED display, 5 row qwerty keyboard and front-facing camera. Sweet. The one in the video is closest to the Vibrant (the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S), except that's the internation version that has a trackpad in the middle.

It's one emulator. PSXDroid.
    Lol, I just got the Galaxy Spica. They don't even sell the Epic 4G here and I don't think they have plans to
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast