Thread: Things that need some changing...

1. #1 Things that need some changing... 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    First off, I feel like we need yet another sub-forum. I don't necessarily feel like the Resistance Retribution thread should be in General Discussion, but it deserves its own "Online Gaming" forum, and threads in that part would be dedicated to playing with your fellow peers associated with this forum. The main reason why I say this is because threads posted in the General Discussion area pretty much get washed out by the constant posting in the RR thread. Sure you can click on that area to see new posts there, but its alot easier if it got its own section. Also, it may open the lines for more clans, and more people coming to this site because the PMD clan has brought in several recruits to PSPMod.com. I've also noticed a large number of guys on PSPMod play MW2 on PS3.

My second point is that I feel that the SOTW isn't a big enough deal here. It may be just me but usually there is a pretty decent turnout of artists. For one, Dark Prodigy is a good contest moderator, but he isn't as active as I would want someone to be with weekly moderation. Anyways to help promotion of the contests I would like the current vote/submission thread and last week's winner stickied in the announcement section where Killer left his sticky.

Also it would be cool if we could get how many SOTWs we won added to the avatar area. I posted this here because it would get washed out in other forum sub-sections.

Discuss.

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    First off, I feel like we need yet another sub-forum. I don't necessarily feel like the Resistance Retribution thread should be in General Discussion, but it deserves its own "Online Gaming" forum, and threads in that part would be dedicated to playing with your fellow peers associated with this forum. The main reason why I say this is because threads posted in the General Discussion area pretty much get washed out by the constant posting in the RR thread. Sure you can click on that area to see new posts there, but its alot easier if it got its own section. Also, it may open the lines for more clans, and more people coming to this site because the PMD clan has brought in several recruits to PSPMod.com. I've also noticed a large number of guys on PSPMod play MW2 on PS3.

My second point is that I feel that the SOTW isn't a big enough deal here. It may be just me but usually there is a pretty decent turnout of artists. For one, Dark Prodigy is a good contest moderator, but he isn't as active as I would want someone to be with weekly moderation. Anyways to help promotion of the contests I would like the current vote/submission thread and last week's winner stickied in the announcement section where Killer left his sticky.

Also it would be cool if we could get how many SOTWs we won added to the avatar area. I posted this here because it would get washed out in other forum sub-sections.

Discuss.
    Agreed. But, then it would get crazy because we need more subforums for every game. I know the master chief c**k riders would be the first ones to complain.

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    ur attitude needs some changing.
    /filler.
    I'm a fag.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    lol A sub forum for online gaming would be awesome.

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    I know the master chief c**k riders would be the first ones to complain.
    who mentioned halo? or 360? WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT STATEMENT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?!

*ahem* anyways, i'd have to disagree with the *washing out other threads* part because the rr thread is, well just one thread. it's true that it gets updated constantly with minor posts but it it has a minor effect on the list, a sticky-like effect at most. I'm not against the idea of a subforum for it, but i doubt that it would be effective in the way you had in mind.

If it's so that's there's more than one game that there's so many members playing online, then that subforum should definitely be in order
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    maybe the idea of the sub forum for online gaming parties would work, but i also agree with TSO...i don't feel like our thread it blocking that section, i only posted that thread there cause i never thought it would go that far to be perfectly honest.

i'm glad how it went, it brought it new members yes, we do meet up in mwf2 on the ps3 as well now...i think you do promote a good idea though for generalizing online gaming groups/meetings/clan formations.

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    /filler.
    Last edited by goku2778; 08-30-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    [CENTER]

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    I know the master chief c**k riders would be the first ones to complain.
    lawlz wut?

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post
    /filler.

Agreed. But, then it would get crazy because we need more subforums for every game. I know the master chief c**k riders would be the first ones to complain.
    No just one general subforum would suffice. Then the Halo guys could have their own thread. Just fruit for thought really, but I'm actually serious about SOTW though. If there were more tangible rewards involved, and someone who would moderate there more often it would be more popular.

Maybe I'm just too forward of a thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    No just one general subforum would suffice. Then the Halo guys could have their own thread. Just fruit for thought really, but I'm actually serious about SOTW though. If there were more tangible rewards involved, and someone who would moderate there more often it would be more popular.

Maybe I'm just too forward of a thinker.
    Naw, ideas like yours could possibly bring this site out of its hellhole. Someone like Major could be a mod for the SOTW threads/competition.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    1. Sub forum for online gaming isn't needed we have an online game section
    2. I agree about the dig art, but its the turnout really, we don't get that much traffic as is, so even though they're outstanding your and other artists sigs don't get much attention, if you want I can start doing announcements so there will be a sig of the week one like Killer made.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    1. Sub forum for online gaming isn't needed we have an online game section
    2. I agree about the dig art, but its the turnout really, we don't get that much traffic as is, so even though they're outstanding your and other artists sigs don't get much attention, if you want I can start doing announcements so there will be a sig of the week one like Killer made.
    Que?

Anyways, that part needs a small overhaul in terms of the SOTW anyway.