Thread: 'fanboyism' VS Crossovers/Guest characters

1. #1 'fanboyism' VS Crossovers/Guest characters 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP GeekyHuck's Avatar
    If anyone hates Naruto, feel free to ignore or laugh because there is still rage because of the situation.

Before E3, a Naruto game that'll come in October for the PS3/360 has included A tekken character, specifically a Tekken 6 character, Lars Alexandersson. The creator of Naruto, Kishimoto Masashi, made a costume for the new character as a part of the new costume plans from famous manga artists for various Tekken characters for Tekken 6. When news of it flew around the net, the Narufans that play the games went to a uncontrollable rage, questioned why that character was there rather than something they want, even threatened that they'll beat said character with whatever they wanted to use.

Why get angry over one guest character??

Crossover games happen, guest characters happen. Namco has been doing this for a long time and I think those Narufans haven't got that in their heads. It would be viable for that Naruto game to be published under another company that does not do what Namco does when it comes to bringing in guests in games they are responsible with.

If anyone can dig back in the past, please tell me how people in the net (Or your friends) felt when games like Super Smash Bros, the Soul franchise, the Capcom VS. series or even Dissidia came around, because people getting insane over what Namco did for that Naruto game is stupid and I want to see the history of mad fanboys/girls getting angry over guest characters.

Have fun, NO FLAMES!
    Expecting 2010 and 11. Even 12!!

Weeboo games:
    Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OZ 12/2010
    Gakuen Hetalia Unknown Release date, damnit.
    Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Roman Tan Saisen Spring 2011
    Dissidia 012

All American games:
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    i actually like naruto and not even I can find the point in the thread
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP One Free Man's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's to discuss the overreaction of anigay fans? (which happens alot for everything)

I was so pissed when there were disney characters in my kingdom hearts game!!! damn crossovers.

^Put this in your sig to support l4q's server fundraising^

1.Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    2. Hide in plain sight.

3. Never Compromise the Brotherhood.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP GeekyHuck's Avatar
    I merely want to know how people felt about crossovers or guest characters in other games.

The Soul franchise should at least piss off Star Wars fans due to #4, but the actors and actresses of the movie look at it and smile.
    Expecting 2010 and 11. Even 12!!

Weeboo games:
    Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OZ 12/2010
    Gakuen Hetalia Unknown Release date, damnit.
    Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkaku Roman Tan Saisen Spring 2011
    Dissidia 012

All American games:
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Crossovers are great in that they try to draw 2 or more distinct audiences into one franchise. Its all a fan service really because the new Street Fighter X Tekken game will allow me to punish all who think Kazuya is a better character than Akuma into oblivion. Crossovers are what makes things interesting to play again instead of being stuck in the same universe doing some of the same things with characters you already know and love. For instance, the Marvel VS. series has to be one of the best crossover attempts ever because it successfully captures the comic-book characters that we all learn to love and pit them against the fighting champions in Capcom. I can't wait for a Mortal Kombat vs Capcom. I will literally jizz in my pants.

And about the Soul Calibur including Vader and Yoda. I loved that game, although Vader was a better fit for the roster than Yoda was. You can't grab Yoda at any time, and in certain situations horizontal attacks will completely whiff when a counter-hit would have been scored on a normal-sized character.

The last thing that crossovers do for us, is that they close up discussion on who is the best character.
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 08-30-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    Crossovers are great in that they try to draw 2 or more distinct audiences into one franchise. Its all a fan service really because the new Street Fighter X Tekken game will allow me to punish all who think Kazuya is a better character than Akuma into oblivion. Crossovers are what makes things interesting to play again instead of being stuck in the same universe doing some of the same things with characters you already know and love. For instance, the Marvel VS. series has to be one of the best crossover attempts ever because it successfully captures the comic-book characters that we all learn to love and pit them against the fighting champions in Capcom. I can't wait for a Mortal Kombat vs Capcom. I will literally jizz in my pants.
    Yeah, the MK players will probably spam the "juggling" type moves.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    Yeah, the MK players will probably spam the "juggling" type moves.
    WAKE UP ULTRA!!!

Gimme a combo of the Third Strike parries with MK3's run button and MK's finishers.

Also you must forget, that Street fighter juggles too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsY-cGlBpK4[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YldK8lGW03M[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwjkB5dhuRI&feature=related[/youtube]
    Last edited by bigbossVII; 08-30-2010 at 07:32 PM.