Thread: My Project Car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 My Project Car 
    Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    some people are aware that im building a race car to compete in short circuit and club auto x racing. its a 1984 nissan 200sx (s12). it started life as a beat up car i bought for $750 and the decision to make it into a race car came up after i purchased my current car: my 2003 acura rsx type s. heres a few pics when i bought it

specs arnt too bad on this car. in stock form it sucks ass though. so some upgrading is in order. its rwd and a standard transmission, so its a pretty good base for a race car. its aslo light. over time i worked on removing the motor and doing basic work to it to start prepping it for its transformation to be come a race car. a few months after i got it, i was left with this:

the new engine was sitting outside on a pallet waiting to be stripped down and rebuilt with a small horsepower figure in mind. luckly, my new engine was a direct replacement for the old one... so i didnt need any fabrication to install it. awesome. more to come
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well,it looks like its going along good and good luck to ya.... and how many short circuit tracks are in CT, i never heard of any, unless youre gonna have to travel....looks like the forest is in back of youre house.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP uprising's Avatar
    make a time machine, all you need is a flux capacitor, and maybe some spinners

PSP 1.5 // 3.40 OE-A // Steam = inteloutside4

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    Is there anything this girl can't do? Good luck. :P
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

auto x course can be anywhere. as far as short tracks, theres one near NY called Limerock. its small, but a blast to drive.

make it a time machine? its not a fuckin delorean.

with that said, i can continue with the project. outside on a pallet was this lil beauty. japanese turbo power. a nice step up from the 2 liter stock engine with next to no power. engine mounts match up to stock locations so it literally bolts right in. ill have to cut part of the tranny tunnel back since the new tranny is a lil longer. will be a nice upgrade though. same tranny used in the nissan 240sx

R.I.P Zoidberg

i like the 240sx....did you buy it used cause it looks a little beat up, or is that the old one?

engine is used. its out of a 1989 nissan 180sx. dirty, but solid. ive already inspected the engine fully and its a great example for the price. this is how the motor sits currently. im about to strip the block down the rest of the way so i can begin rebuilding

i dont really want alot of horsepower in this car. its light enough to be able to be fast with minimal upgrades. the base rating on the new engine is 180hp, and im shooting for 250hp, which i can get pretty easly.

shots of the tranny after it was pulled off the motor

its a little dirty, but thats what degreaser is for. i could have used the stock tranny with this motor, but i rather have the one that came with the motor since ill have the realiblity of the 240sx trans and access to be able to use 240 clutches and a short throw shifter
    R.I.P Zoidberg

̉ہ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¿à ƒÆ’ƒâ€Š¡ÃƒÆ’‚¿Ã ƒÆ’‚ ¿whats that "disney" box????

I wish you luck in your project,
    trust me, the first impression says veryone it looks like a delorean...
    i think that if you put all your effort and you trust in this project this car will probably be a nice racing car....
    WHAT? nissan 180sx??? that was the car my father has
    but i think he's going to sell it... or sell it by parts :O

it looks nothing like a delorean. its closer to a ae86, 80s supra, or even a hatchback accord.

the disney box had a bike it in for my roommates niece. that pic was taken in march, before her birthday.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Julie, dats wassup. The new motor has how many miles on it? Be careful bout used motors, speaking from experience. Thats why I decided to get one built. The tranny also? I know hardly anythin bout cars, im learnin a lil bit at a time. Are u a member of any car forum? Its real good for tradin parts, and other stuff also.

motor has 80k on it, but i had intentions of rebuilding it anyway before i drop it in the car. im active on club-s12.org too which what got me into buying this car
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Oh ok, so this u drove around before ur Rsx or? U went to school for this or ur self taught?

the s12 was never driven. i bought it with a blown motor. i was carless for almost a year before i got my rsx. as far as car knolwedge, ive learned by watch people work on cars, read alot in import magazines, read info on the internet, and more important, i tryed stuff. i took apart the old engine in the car just to see how it operates. i learned alot from that experence
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP uprising's Avatar
    man thats sick tho, i wish i had a car i can hook up, maybe if i ever buy that van, hook it up like cheech and chongs, lowrider van

PSP 1.5 // 3.40 OE-A // Steam = inteloutside4

its been a learning experence. ive learned that cars take alot of patience and work to get them to be "cover cars". ive also came to realise that nissan makes cars that share alot of the same parts... so my jdm engine actually has oem support in the USA. 99% of the parts that fit that engine came in the 88 pulsar.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast