Thread: NCAA Football 2007 - EA can go fuck themselves.

1. #1 NCAA Football 2007 - EA can go fuck themselves. 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Well, EA got my money and I have an unplayable game. Based on IGN's initial 8.5 review of NCAA Football 2007 I ran out and bought it. Not realizing that the game would have an SERIOUS bug, I was pretty excited to have a decently rated sports game on the PSP. I guess some things are too good to be true.

For those of you not in the know the bug is as follows. From IGN.

"July 21, 2006 - NCAA Football 07 owners (IGN included) were shocked earlier this week to discover a rather disturbing flaw in the running game. Instead of marking a player as down once he lost forward momentum or was tackled, the game instead marked a back as down at the point of initial contact. This one glitch rendered much of the ground game unusable, as players discovered many of their first down runs cut in half, or even cancelled out entirely. Irate owners of the title took to message boards, posting videos of the glitch, as well as demanding that some action be taken to solve the problem. After confirming this issue in the retail version of the game, IGN contacted EA Sports directly to get an official comment on the situation.

EA Sports did address the issue. A spokeswoman told IGN that "EA is aware of the problem" and will be working on a patch to solve the glitch found in the game. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be available to the public (because it will need to go through rigorous testing), EA Sports said that it is committed to making sure that the problem doesn't crop up again, and is looking into exactly what caused the incorrect yardage marking."

So does anyone think they will work to fix this, or am I screwed while EA laughs counting their money? I'm guesing the latter.

Needless to say, IGN re-evaluated the game and lowered their rating from an 8.5 to a 6.9

The real pisser is that (to hear IGN tell the tale) the review copy didn't have the bug.

"Editor's Note: The build that IGN initially received for the review of NCAA Football 07 for the PSP did not feature the "running game glitch" currently included in the retail disc. As an IGN policy, all games labeled "review" by the publisher are treated and understood to be the final build of the game. However, having played the retail version of NCAA Football 07 since our article was posted on July 17, we have discovered that the consumer UMD is different from the build we were given. As a result, we have re-evaluated the game and adjusted our text and review score to accurately reflect the quality of the final retail version."
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stinkypitz's Avatar
    I was gonna get too, thanks mofo

^drizzle = jesus of photoshop

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    I am sure they will fix it....unless they really want to lose a fanbase. EA is big on sports, so something like this is a big deal to them and their wallets. They say it might be a while...but I'd expect a fix really soon

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    damn that sucks?!!! i dont play college football unless Uconnn is in there, but since its a new team, its probally not, bu the next one it better be..

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Hmm, Didn't know that Mofo, thanks for the heads up.

But a few questions for you:
    When did you buy the game?
    Did you not know about the glitch before you bought the game?
    If not, how didn't you, you say you read the review and such.

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Coleman4747's Avatar
    dont listen to him that game is the shit!!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    hmm...I was thinking about picking this up to hold me over until madden comes out but I guess I can wait......

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmdb3
    Hmm, Didn't know that Mofo, thanks for the heads up.

But a few questions for you:
    When did you buy the game?
    Did you not know about the glitch before you bought the game?
    If not, how didn't you, you say you read the review and such.
    I bought the game this past Saturday based on the review I read at IGN the previous week. Having not done any more research, IGN changed their review once the glitch was made known. I did not know about the glitch previous to Saturday morning.

IGN's review didn't mention the glitch until they revised it a few days later. Their score changed from an 8.5 to a 6.9 because of it. They claim that their review copy did not have the glitch, but it was an early "non retail" copy. What I think is that t\IGN is covering their ass for not actually playing the game.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well they cant play every game that ever comes out...65% of their reviews are lies., just based on prevoius versions of the game, with new stuff in mind.