Thread: Quick Question for Those MotorHeads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Quick Question for Those MotorHeads 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    I am not really into modding motors but i have a question is there a way to switch of the Governor switch to a car? and how do i go around by doing this(on any car)?
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver
    I am not really into modding motors but i have a question is there a way to switch of the Governor switch to a car? and how do i go around by doing this(on any car)?
    In most new cars that are limitied, you have do this by changing out the CHIP in the CPU, basically changing the the firmware like on the PSP, you remove the restrictions, in some cases it was very popluar to hook a laptop upto a CPU module and change the engine settings that way... lean, rich fuel.. O2 to fuel mixture etc... there was quiet abit of motor modding you could do this way, this was and probably is still very popular among the rice burners..

But the chip router is the easiest.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    i heard about installing a cooled air intake, would bypass the switch? making any sense?
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    that wont make a difference. the governor is part of the motherboard inside the cars ECU. what u need to do is have it sent out to be removed, or upgrade to a preformance ecu that doesnt have one. theres no other way to bypass it
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Yea u have to have ur ECU socketed. All this is u send out ur ECU to a company that mod them, gives u aftermarket chip. U get to keep the factory chip, as well as gettin the new chip that u can mod. Not all ECU can be socketed. U can mod ur aftermarket chip on the prog that will work wit a computer. Its good to have knowledge tunin, or u can destroy ur car, serious.

what kind of car anyway? your best bet is to do a stage one ecu upgrade. its usually just the removal of the rev limiter, speed governor, and they optimise the cars power for lower mods like exhaust, intake, and small stuff like that
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Why not have a ECU prog that can do all the tunin manually? It saves money that way.

cause its a waste of money unless u intend to push the car hard. stand alone systems are ment for full on racing. he can piggyback his modified computer though. like an apexi safc wired into the esc. it really depends on the car and what he wants to do. if he just wants another 100hp then he doesnt need a full on race setup. the money he spends on that can go elseware and make more of a difference
    R.I.P Zoidberg

U have a good point, I didn't think of that. Yea not everyone is thinkin street demon. But if ur borderline I feel its best to go with a manual control prog. That way u dont have to keep spendin money on changin parts, when u can just tune ur car a lil different to increase its torque and top end speed. U can tune a lot more stuff but speed seems to be most main focus.

an apexi safc is a mild tuning tool used to fine tune modified ecus. its an excellent alternative to a full race system. if he wanted to go with more power, he could keep tweaking the safc till its optimised for his new parts
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Well in that case I hope its not to expensive, or he would be spend a lot more gettin above that prog limit. Dont get me wrong the prog that im talkin bout has its limits too. Its a lil bit higher just in case, he might change his mind dramatically bout his goals. So he can rext assure that if he goes up, he will be at a safe level. Other factors also have to be considered, u cant just bam a chip, lets go race. U know that, anyhow because ur workin on a project ur self.

you can milk alot of power out of a good dyno session with a piggyback system, but you car has to be setup to handle it. the fuel system needs to be able to up to spec in order to have messing with the fuel curve. the best thing to do is to get the chip modded, get the safc installed, then install all the mods that are estimated to give you the hp rating u want, then pay for 2 hours of dyno time and let the techs fine tune the cars fuel curve to optimise the upgrades u made. research first though. your stock injectors might not be able to flow enough fuel to handle it
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Just have ur car built the way u expect it? I say for him to get a pro tune for the socket prog. Then learn how to self tune also, and then he can play around with his options thats way. Its better I feel to learn how to self tune, and get ur required parts for the job. Why start over from scratch? Im sayin this as in if the upgrade chip reach the limit, but he still wants more done. He can just continue where he left off.

hes never gonna use a stand alone fuel management system to its fullest. 90% of car tuners will reccomend upgrading the computer as u go along and using a stand alone system to help optimise it
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Yea why not do that? Thats the requirement for total performance. So yes, he would need to upgrade, but he can use the prob to do other settin. The fuel is not the only important part. Put the best with the best. No mediocre when u want to have that performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast