Thread: Energy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Energy 
    Member PSP User
    Any possible way to harness body energy or energy around you (as if from living things) like an energy vampire or chakra or something? I've wondered about this for a while now, even if your emotions could fuel that energy to make you stronger such as rage. Anyone else ever think about this or is it just me :confused: ?

2. #2 Energy 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I guess rage could make someone stronger in a specific situation if controlled.

3. #3 Energy 
    Member PSP User
    I gotta think about this stuff, I think i kinda hypnotized my self with some sort of energy. I concentrated and got really angry my hand started to feel really hot, then when i was about to go to sleep all calm i was gonna try it again this time my hand got really cold, dunno if it was energy or my brain playing tricks on me.

4. #4 Energy 
    Junior Member PSP User
    <div class='quotetop'>(GrayFox;18931)</div><div class='quotemain'>I guess rage could make someone stronger in a specific situation if controlled.</div>

this is true. like im weak as shit when im not mad but once im pissed, i can (and have) knocked people out for a few hours at least.

5. #5 Energy 
    Member PSP User
    but do you beileve in getting stronger from simple meditation your environment or something like chakra? (i dont watch naruto)

6. #6 Energy 
    Well, meditation could help someone become more focused.

As for chakra or spiritual energy or anything like that... I guess it could be real. I don't know what it can really do though. Maybe it's all in people's minds? Maybe chakra is just a state of mind? Or maybe there's some scientific explanation?
    I recently started watching Naruto... and believe me... if chakra is real... it's NOTHING like what it is on that anime. And if it is, I'm going to start searching the sky for flying pigs.

7. #7 Energy 
    Member PSP User
    Lol, yeah anime is just for entertainment purposes anyways. Good point about the state of mind, it could possibly make you in such a deep state of concentration that it make you almost unnatural at some things.

8. #8 Energy 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    <span style="color:DarkOrchid">Rage as a form of energy? Eh, I guess you could say it's something like that. It's more of a fight-or-flight response that your body initiates as a reaction to something extremely threatening. Epinephrine is released from adrenal glands into the bloodstream, and this gives you a boost in your supply of oxygen and glucose. This gives you an overall boost to your ability to, as the response is titled; fight or flee.

The "chakra" and so-called magical energies you see harnessed in kung-fu flicks and shows is nothing more than a simplistic and metaphorical title given to the way chemicals react inside your body and the way physics are applied to punches and kicks.
    In a sense, the monks and ninjas you see training and meditating in movies and documentaries are really just very knowledgeable of what the body can create and withstand in terms of force, they are in no sort of way attuned to magical energies. It's certainly a cool way to look at it though, isn't it? ;) </span>

9. #9 ^_^ 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

EDIT: ALSO, chakra is not energy, it never has been and never will be.. unless you're talking about Naruto. >_>

10. #10 Energy 
    <div class='quotetop'>(F.Y.C.N.;19063)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:DarkOrchid">Rage as a form of energy? Eh, I guess you could say it's something like that. It's more of a fight-or-flight response that your body initiates as a reaction to something extremely threatening. Epinephrine is released from adrenal glands into the bloodstream, and this gives you a boost in your supply of oxygen and glucose. This gives you an overall boost to your ability to, as the response is titled; fight or flee.

The "chakra" and so-called magical energies you see harnessed in kung-fu flicks and shows is nothing more than a simplistic and metaphorical title given to the way chemicals react inside your body and the way physics are applied to punches and kicks.
    In a sense, the monks and ninjas you see training and meditating in movies and documentaries are really just very knowledgeable of what the body can create and withstand in terms of force, they are in no sort of way attuned to magical energies. It's certainly a cool way to look at it though, isn't it? ;) </span></div>

That's a great explanation of adrenaline and all, but adrenaline=/=energy friend >_> Rage isn't really energy, just the will to push harder.

11. #11 Energy 
    Also, double post. wtf is with the shoutbox.

12. #12 Energy 
    That's what I was thinking. >_>;

I think it thinks yer posting every time you edit.

13. #13 Energy 
    Maybe so. :3

14. #14 Energy 
    How is adrenaline not energy? I know it isn't literally energy, but it is in the sense that it can make you feel more energetic, like you can do a little extra activity than normal.

15. #15 Energy 
    Adrenaline gives you the extra push to create more energy with your physical action. Adrenaline is not a form of energy itself, it's just a reaction inside of you. You can use the word " energy " to describe that, but it's misuse of the term; that's just using the word, throwing out the original meaning. I mean adrenaline is not a scientific form of energy, it's like Rob explained, everything is one big chemically-based reaction in your brain, but I suppose you could call that being energetic, though it's not a good idea to do so in a thread talking about energy in it's actual form <_<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast