Thread: anyone play guitar here?

1. #1 anyone play guitar here? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    i picked up a little acoustic 2 weeks ago or so, have been learning to play. simple stuff at first, memorizing some chords and learning the tabs to some simple songs. here's all I can play so far ( little list rite now lols, and i cant play the full song from all of them, only certain parts i've learned )

Nirvana - come as you are
    Deep purple - smoke on the water
    Johnny cash - walk the line
    Metallica - enter sandman
    Nobuo uematsu - tifas theme
    Nobuo uematsu - still more fighting(cant really play this full speed yet but oh well)

working on learning:
    RHCP - californication
    The Who - behind blue eyes
    Sublime - santeria
    Led Zeppelin - stairway to heaven

any tips from more experienced guitarists out there that might help me in learning?(im lookin at you max)

2. #2 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Yeah, but I'm not so great. Basically, I haven't played in a while, so I'm extremely rusty.

3. #3 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Banned PSP Mad Hacker
    I play the drums.. I might take guitar lessons from a few friends though.. but yeah guitars are a lot of fun and electric ones for me =D

4. #4 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    cool Gimpy, my friend Patric who lives across the street plays drums too. I've been jokingly trying to talk him into looking for a few more people and starting a band, lol..but it's too early for me to get into a band just yet >_>

5. #5 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Banned PSP Mad Hacker
    well it's never too early for a band.. that way you can help each other out...

6. #6 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    haha, I was a little out of my head when I typed that post. I meant that I learned some parts from Master of Puppets, not Enter Sandman. I get the two confused for some strange reason T_T;

and yeah Gimpy that's a really good point, playing around some more experienced guitarists than myself might really help me excel

7. #7 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Member PSP User
    Hey, right on. I sent you a pm that will hopefully help you out. I appreciate you playing Nobuo Uematsu's stuff! I recently transcribed Kefka's Theme and FF7's main theme on classical. If you want help with Stairway, since the classical approach is a little weird at first, just ask.

8. #8 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Once again Max, huge thanks for that PM. It's going to be most helpful :D

And yeah, I've got to admit that I have more interest in playing songs from Final Fantasy than any rock songs, really. FF7's main theme especially..the day I learn to play that(and do so on a nice classical guitar :P) I can die a happy man.

9. #9 Re: anyone play guitar here? 
    Member PSP User
    If you don't have tabs for FF7's theme, I can transcribe a simple form of it for you and send it in tab form via PM.

Banned PSP Mad Hacker
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wonderboy @ Feb 19 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Once again Max, huge thanks for that PM. It&#39;s going to be most helpful [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

And yeah, I&#39;ve got to admit that I have more interest in playing songs from Final Fantasy than any rock songs, really. FF7&#39;s main theme especially..the day I learn to play that(and do so on a nice classical guitar [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]) I can die a happy man.</div>

Start a FF band then [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]