Thread: What should i do?

1. #1 What should i get? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    Heres the situation:

I've got my 2.71 PSP with me right now, with Burnout, GTA, and i just bought socom Sunday night. When i purchased my PSP at Best Buy, i also spent $50 on a warranty there. My PSP has a slight opening on the left side where the two led's are, you can see the light shine through it. Its R button can be pushed back a bit, and the L doesn't (as its supposed to be). And finally, the screen has a very symetrical white mark on the middle top of the screen it is very "liney" if that makes any sense . That is very distracting. So, i am planning on using my warranty today. The problem is, i don't know what exactly i wanta do. Should i take my money and run? or should i go buy something else? I'm not really sure. I am sure though, that they will have a 2.6 or lower FW psp. i don't want an ipod. I like my technology to be multifunctional. I am getting pretty tired of the poor way of typing on the PSP. Is there a gadget that has internet, mp3 playback, MP4 playback, and a decent way of typing? Thats what i use my psp most for, the internet, playing my music, and playing little videos also (up to 30 minutes). I really appreciate your help on this. I'm just getting really sick of my PSP, mainly because of its comfort. I find it impossible to enjoy it with the way its designed. I will not leave the PSP scene though, as i am really enjoying the experience of learning about it.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    if you want a cellphone plan, you could get a sidekick 2. thats got a mini keyboard built in and does most of the things u mentioned i believe. could even get a pocket pc if u wanted, like a pda
    R.I.P Zoidberg

theres an idea. But i don't want a cellphone. I hardly call people, and im at home almost always. I just really really want something portable simply because my mom only lets me out of my bed before she goes to be, and she goes to bed early (9 or 10) so i need something like i said above that does: MP3 and MP4 playback, and has web browsing and decent typing (like julie mentioned maybe with a keyboard). Also needs to be comfortable to hold.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    if you want a cellphone plan, you could get a sidekick 2. thats got a mini keyboard built in and does most of the things u mentioned i believe. could even get a pocket pc if u wanted, like a pda
    the sidekick 3 is out now...
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

well i dont keep up with the sidekick line. your best bet is a pda. its basically a windows based mini computer that can do anything u want. u can connect to the internet wirelessly, theres a option that allows small keyboards to be attached, etc. prices range from older ones for 150, to the latest ones which cost as much as a 1k or more
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I don't wanta spend more than the credit i have from my PSP ($250 i should get back) A good PDA that does everything that i said i want it to do? I'm looking my self of course, but i have never had a PDA before and i don't know anything about them really. Best ones run Windows Mobile right?

possibly. u can get a used one off ebay for that much thats around a year old. the pda crowd is fickle, so they buy the latest ones constently, just watch ebay for a cheap ones. id post links, but im on the phone wire here
    R.I.P Zoidberg

lol alright, but see, my problem is that i can't use ebay, i don't trust it. and neither does my dad. Plus im not sure i can get money back. I may only be able to trade it in... on Best Buys website all they've got is 4 PDA's. And none of them have MP4 playback, idk if they even got internet browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSPBETTERTHANDS
    lol alright, but see, my problem is that i can't use ebay, i don't trust it. and neither does my dad. Plus im not sure i can get money back. I may only be able to trade it in... on Best Buys website all they've got is 4 PDA's. And none of them have MP4 playback, idk if they even got internet browsing.
    i think most PDA.s have web browsing, unless they're really really old...
    Dark-Alex.org

Alright then thats cool. I've been reading reviews on Cnet for the Palm TX and the Tungsten E2. The Palm TX is better than the E2, so between these two, i would say i'd buy the TX, if i can get money for it because Best Buy doesn't carry it, according to their site. Anybody have any better suggestions?!

EDIT: Best Buy does carry it, but for $310 which is over my limit. Any other PDA's or mobile devices that do what i want it to do (see my above posts). Also what should i do with my games? Give them up to Gamestop? How much should i get for that? Actually, can the Ipod be hacked for web browsing? Come on i need some products!!!

try to sell the games here, you could always SELL on ebay. u dont have to buy there

dell sells the axim x51 pda for 299.00 before shipping, and it features windows mobile and windows media player 10 mobile edition, which i believes handles m4p video files. the software features internet explorer, so youll have no problems getting online. if you get a axim, go for the 520mhz version since it has wireless B in addition to bluetooth
    R.I.P Zoidberg

well, i've been searching ever since i started this thread, and it looks like it would be smartest to just stick with psp. I'll get a brand new PSP, no boubt, but seeing as i didn't find any systems that do music, video,and web browse with either touch screen or keyboard, and are under $250 , well i guess im getting a new psp and turn it into 1.5. I appreciate the effort though julie, that was nice to help me out on that dial up connection still if anybody wants to help me out. i'm still very open to another device that does music, video , and browses web with keyboard/touch screen! OH and it should be all through today and maybe tomorrow, because i left my wrist strap, demo umd, and original screen cleaner at my moms.... BOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol

Now this a great thread... I mean there wasn't any noobs asking noobie questions, there wasn't any bad arguments... just a simple chat where one is helping another... i'd like to see threads like this more often
    Dark-Alex.org

Yes me too. lol. Come on assholes, kill yourselves already. *pulls the trigger on himself*

Oh and sorry about a couple months ago julie, we cool now i guess.