Thread: COD: Black Ops...share your review here

1. #1 COD: Black Ops...share your review here 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    well a few of you know by me already how i feel about this game but i want others opinions...

i have no complaints thus far on the campaign mode...i haven't done just 2 player co-op based game plays yet online, so i have no comment on that yet.

i do however absolutely hate the online game play! i can't get into it, i think the details of it is shit, mwf2 had a better graphical layout for me...it just looks cheesy to me. the maps are extremely small for me, you can run to the other end of them in no time flat and i feel all you have to do is pick a shady corner with your sites up and wait and you'll be on a 10 kill streak in no time...did that yesterday actually and then it froze me and my 2 friends due to host migration, so that sucked.

also noticed last night that it didn't sort out the game for us evenly...i'm only level 9 right now, my 2 boys are at 4, the highest level on our team was 11...they matched us up against a team that wasn't lower then 34, so yeah, we got our asses handed to us pretty damn good. the best part was how they talked shit how they whooped us, look at your levels idiot!

share your feedback, but so far it's a big let down for me with the online gaming...still going to finish campaign and other modes and will pop on here and there for some online battles but not much. i think it was funny when i left to go play with my nephew online with MOH and when i text my 2 friends saying my nephew wanted to play, they both replied with "we're coming!! send us invites too!" lmao...not a good sign for Black Ops
    [CENTER]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chepe258's Avatar
    Do you have the game on ps3 or xbox360? some reviews on other pages say that the xbox version has better graphics. Something about the anti-alising... cant remember
    Yes, Shikamaru is smarter than you.
    Thanks to MZ for the sig

i got it on the ps3...to me it looks like they're really trying to bring out the 3D aspect of it and that's making it fail...all my friends so far have said the same thing with the graphics.
    [CENTER]

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Im going to get this game for the xbox360 next month, buying a xbox this month.
    I cant wait to try it out. Mw2 multiplayer was ok but could use some fixing.
    I have a big tv and the map was still small to me so if its smaller on bo then my god they have good eyes I wont see shit. Haha.

And Sony is trying so hard on inproving their graphics that its killing them.
    *Tisk*Tisk*

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i think this is the best COD to date. The campaign is exciting, all though ive only played one mission. The multiplayer is perfect in my eyes, its fast paced as you would expect from any cod but has so many more options for customization, and the money system is great. Having to really choose which attachment you want on your gun instead of just unlocking it makes you really think about it. The new equipment like cameras, and Rc cars are fun and the camera can be really tactical when you know how to use it and hide it. Then you got the new Wager Matches, where you can bet your COD money in hopes of winning more, only top 3 finish get paid. This makes these games a lot more stressful, especially when you just put all your money into the game beforehand, but when you win it feels great tripling your money...and the graphics look the same as MW2.

Also Nazi Zombies is just <3. you got the first GIANT map, i mean this map is like 2 levels from WaW. I cant even get to level 10 its so challenging, then you have 2 unlock-able levels. One in the pentagon where you get to be JFK, Castro, or two other guys. Then a arcade version which looks like it was for SNES, but it fun.

overall i give it a 9/10. I was never much of a Cod player, but this game is just to good to put down.
    Last edited by Sullivan; 11-10-2010 at 04:42 PM.

see looking for others' feedbacks but the graphics definitely aren't up to the same as mwf2...the money system is good yes, i just hate the tiny maps, makes it just way too easy to get ripped on. playing domination i had to keep spinning around till i secured the areas to watch my ass lol

but i've been looking at other reviews online here and there and they all seem the same...graphics, tiny maps and should of just made these maps available to the mwf2. but i hear the campaign is the best out of them all, i've played a little and i do like that, haven't given Zombies a go yet.
    [CENTER]

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Another Black Ops thread?

yeah the Anti A is better on the Xbox but the colors and light effects are better on the PS3.
    As for the game idk its fun, not as fast as MW2 slight of hand Pro perk is kinda weak to the MW2 perk.. havent tried SP, think I'm Lvl 20 something...

wana move this thread to the PSPMOD's Black Ops thread...
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post

i do however absolutely hate the online game play! i can't get into it, i think the details of it is shit, mwf2 had a better graphical layout for me...it just looks cheesy to me. the maps are extremely small for me, you can run to the other end of them in no time flat and i feel all you have to do is pick a shady corner with your sites up and wait and you'll be on a 10 kill streak in no time...did that yesterday actually and then it froze me and my 2 friends due to host migration, so that sucked.

also noticed last night that it didn't sort out the game for us evenly...i'm only level 9 right now, my 2 boys are at 4, the highest level on our team was 11...they matched us up against a team that wasn't lower then 34, so yeah, we got our asses handed to us pretty damn good. the best part was how they talked shit how they whooped us, look at your levels idiot!

share your feedback, but so far it's a big let down for me with the online gaming...still going to finish campaign and other modes and will pop on here and there for some online battles but not much. i think it was funny when i left to go play with my nephew online with MOH and when i text my 2 friends saying my nephew wanted to play, they both replied with "we're coming!! send us invites too!" lmao...not a good sign for Black Ops
    Could have called this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero View Post
    Another Black Ops thread?

yeah the Anti A is better on the Xbox but the colors and light effects are better on the PS3.
    As for the game idk its fun, not as fast as MW2 slight of hand Pro perk is kinda weak to the MW2 perk.. havent tried SP, think I'm Lvl 20 something...

wana move this thread to the PSPMOD's Black Ops thread...
    maybe the mods can...i was looking more for reviews though and not thread jack yours

i'm getting more and more into campaign, it's pretty awesome so far...been kicking some ass online here and there, i heard today they just patched the care package glitch...thanks for that, shit was crazy last night...all you heard was care packages dropping on both teams and no one dying.
    [CENTER]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Well mw2 was like the shit 2 me kuz i dindt experience any other cod's or WaW...but dis game is actually pritty nice it has cameras and shit like dat like that "decoy" or that "Motion Sensor" to my opinion when you play online with a friend and both have bluetooth and actualy have team work covering are asses well it makes the game alot 'hole' of an experience. i havnt even touched any other on this game exept just for online playing plus that combact training i made Goku go thru a tamtron lol. plus everithing is the same all the attachments gernades and perks big nono man i expected somthing else....
    i guees my opinon is like >>>>ITS NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING????? about the graffics goku ur right it could of been better but it changes when u have an HD tv doe i give diz game a 7.8/10 online only.....

this is the longest ive ever written in my life damm shouldt of quit school lol>>
    Last edited by BIG.MAN; 11-13-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: nomas cabrones

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG.MAN View Post
    Well mw2 was like the shit 2 me kuz i dindt experience any other cod's or WaW...but dis game is actually pritty nice it has cameras and shit like dat like that "decoy" or that "Motion Sensor" to my opinion when you play online with a friend and both have bluetooth and actualy have team work covering are asses well it makes the game alot 'hole' of an experience. i havnt even touched any other on this game exept just for online playing plus that combact training i made Goku go thru a tamtron lol. plus everithing is the same all the attachments gernades and perks big nono man i expected somthing else....
    i guees my opinon is like >>>>ITS NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING????? about the graffics goku ur right it could of been better but it changes when u have an HD tv doe i give diz game a 7.8/10 online only.....

this is the longest ive ever written in my life damm shouldt of quit school lol>>
    goddamn that was hard to read.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz View Post
    goddamn that was hard to read.
    Not really..
    Great sig made by Major zero