Thread: Discuss this news.

1. #1 Discuss this news. 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Man Commits Suicide After Learning Harry Potter Spoiler

"I No Longer Have a Reason to Live," Says Despondent Potter Fan

A rabid Harry Potter fan took his life yesterday after inadvertently learning a plot spoiler from the soon-to-be-released J.K. Rowling opus, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?

Jude Ralston, 32, of Hudson, Ohio left a suicide note indicating that since overhearing the plot spoiler at a shopping mall earlier in the day, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“I no longer have a reason to live.ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬Ãƒâ€š?

Family and friends who gathered for a candlelight memorial outside Mr. Ralston⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s house remembered a man who seemed to live only for Harry Potter ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬ ¡Ã‚¬Ã…“ and wondered if they could have done anything to prevent his tragic fate.

I think its hilarious...
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    WTF thats messed up and sad why would u do such a thing for Harry Potter LOL its pretty funny tought lol
    Sony PSP=$300.00
    Accesorys=$45.00
    Games=$120.00
    Laughing at the Nintedo DS owners=Priceless

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    i feel sorry for the family/friends....but i was laughing for five minutes after i heard it.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    that is fucking ridiculous.........killing yourself over a harry pothead spoiler.......

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bennihan5's Avatar
    Why would you kill your self after a harry potter spoiler??? it makes no sense
    PS3 and PSP Forum!

PSP Japanese 2.0 Update

Japanese Playstation Site

^^2.00 If you want to, it's right there...^^

Junior Member PSP User
    Two words..... Brain Damaged
    Popidiots.com For all your idiotic needs!
    "ding"
    PSP OWNS!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP die no might's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks
    Man Commits Suicide After Learning Harry Potter Spoiler

"I No Longer Have a Reason to Live," Says Despondent Potter Fan

A rabid Harry Potter fan took his life yesterday after inadvertently learning a plot spoiler from the soon-to-be-released J.K. Rowling opus, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?

Jude Ralston, 32, of Hudson, Ohio left a suicide note indicating that since overhearing the plot spoiler at a shopping mall earlier in the day, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“I no longer have a reason to live.ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬Ãƒâ€š?

Family and friends who gathered for a candlelight memorial outside Mr. Ralston⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s house remembered a man who seemed to live only for Harry Potter ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬ ¡Ã‚¬Ã…“ and wondered if they could have done anything to prevent his tragic fate.

I think its hilarious...

I was fucking laughing for like an hour when i saw thaught

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    Lol dammm, and i thought EverQuest was bad,
    He prolly found out that Harry Dies at the end or sumting, IT would SOOO suck if what he herd was wrong,

like man he over herd it at the shopping mall, you can hear ALOT of stuff at the mall
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP die no might's Avatar
    it be funny if it wasnt true and then they sue that kid and they sue the stupid writer

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Thats fucking hilarious, why would you do that over harry potter, its just a book.
    --Sig--

Member PSP User mahopacpartyboy's Avatar
    thats so messed up id tell you what happens but you all mught do out an jump off of a brige lol
    I heart pspmod.com

v. 1.50 represent

Newbs Click Here

All the good sites for Psping

PSP 411
    Chat PS3
    PSP Scene
    PSP Hacks
    PSP Magazines
    The PsPimp
    Hack My PSP
    PSP Updates
    Insane PSP
    PSP News

12. #12 Burnout Legends 
    kingb51
    Review:

BURNOUT LEGENDS

Genre: Racing
    Publisher: EA Games
    Players: 1-6 (AD Hoc)
    Online play: No
    Firmware: 1.52

Video:
    Windows Media Player: Burnout Legends - Trailer
    QuickTime Player: Burnout Legends - Trailer

It could only have been a matter of time before a Burnout title made its way to the PSP, and so it has with Burnout Legends. This style of arcade racing suits the PSP superbly. For those who are new to the Burnout series, this is an original experience of street racing madness, speed and aggression. Speed limits, tail gating and road rage are all rules and laws which need to be broken to do well in this game. The designers of the game, Criterion, have once again made another action packed racer to be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.

Burnout Legends is not exactly a port of an existing Burnout title, however most of its gameplay elements have been copied from the console title Burnout 3 Takedown. This includes all of the cars, tracks and race types in Burnout 3, such as Eliminator, Race, Grand Prix, Face Off, Road Rage and Crash Events. And some cars and tracks from the original Burnout and Burnout 2: Point Of Impact, have also made a pleasant reappearance for any Burnout veterans.

Sadly, you’re only up against 3 rivals during race events. This is not because Criterion decided to be lazy, but because the PSP would not be able to process the usual 6 racers as on the console versions. This makes Eliminator races quite a bit shorter and easier, but overall this isn’t such a big deal. We’re still playing Burnout!

The visual isn’t quite up to par with the console versions either, but for a handheld game we can’t argue for much more. Due to the high-speed racing in Burnout, it is important to have a clear and detailed image of the track ahead, which has proved to be quite challenging for the game designers at Criterion. It is clear that they have brightened the headlights and taillights of civilian vehicles so that they appear more visible up ahead. The sound is reasonable, but has proved not to be an essential necessity to the game.

The controls are pretty easy and comfortable for the duration of each race event, and the handling of the cars are appropriate to the racing arcade-style of the game, neither being too twitchy or too sluggish. An infrequent glitch has occurred a couple of times while I’ve been playing Burnout Legends, once when my car got permanently stuck to the left side of a rival car, and the other time when I boosted myself furiously off the track and into nothingness! However, I have completed this game 3 times now and they have been the only problems I have encountered during that time.

Infrastructure mode isn’t available on Burnout Legends which is a great shame, but the multiplayer games available via AD Hoc, which can support up to 6 players is brilliant. Here you can find all the classic multiplayer games, such as Race, Double Impact and Party Crash to choose from. Game sharing has also been added to Burnout Legends which can give you an enjoyable taster to the game’s multiplayer racing.

The success of this game is similar to that of Virtua Tennis and LocoRoco. These games are all kept very simple, yet offer so much fun at the same time. No uncomfortable or complex controls are needed for the game style of these games. Burnout Legends is a fast and destructive racing game and that’s pretty much it. We’re given a variety of different game modes to keep us interested and multiplayer offers yet another level of gameplay. A strong buy for anyone really.

The verdict:

Uppers:
    - Burnout series on PSP
    - Hardcore arcade racing
    - Popular tracks, cars and events from past Burnout titles

Downers:
    - No online play
    - The very occasional glitch
    - You might already have Burnout 3 Takedown

Overall score: 85%

Henry

01/02/2007

maccabi723
    Its a fun game, the first game I had for my PSP.

The real killer was the load times. The UMD format is great for storage, and allows huge games like GTA (which has very reasonable load times).
    But as with a lot of other early psp titles, and some more recent ones too, load times really are quite bothersome.

I also managed to crash the game completely a couple of times when doing takedowns at a particular point of one track.

Its not too polished, but a fun game that managed to take advantage of the psp screen's poor response time by the fact it looks like motion blur.

kingb51
    Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    Its a fun game, the first game I had for my PSP.

The real killer was the load times. The UMD format is great for storage, and allows huge games like GTA (which has very reasonable load times).
    But as with a lot of other early psp titles, and some more recent ones too, load times really are quite bothersome.

I also managed to crash the game completely a couple of times when doing takedowns at a particular point of one track.

Its not too polished, but a fun game that managed to take advantage of the psp screen's poor response time by the fact it looks like motion blur.
    Yes loading time is poor, I forgot to mention that! So is the loading time of Smack Down VS Raw 2006 terrible too. I'm playing it at the moment to be reviewed soon.
    Burnout Legends does have its faults, but is still great fun.

maccabi723
    Yeah, all in all a good game.

Ive never played that wrestling game but I remember reading about how god-awful the load times were......