Thread: Anyone seen Descent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone seen Descent? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    My gf and I were thinking about seeing it....she is a big scary movie fan. From the ads I couldn't really tell too much about it.....if anyone has seen it....is it good and is it scary?

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i havent seen it, but it does look very scary

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Its not scary, its one of those thriller, dark cave movie. All chics in this one. Its good to watch, u prob wont be bored. Check it out.

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dende00
    Its not scary, its one of those thriller, dark cave movie. All chics in this one. Its good to watch, u prob wont be bored. Check it out.
    thats good to hear, i might see it now
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Alright..thank you. I will probably see it with her this weekend. Tommorow night we are gonna watch Army of Darkness...she haasn't seen that yet....so it'll be fun. Great one-liners in that movie.

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    I went to see it this past Friday and was going to post a review, but I've been lazy.

I thought it was boring and pretty terrible. Nothing happens for the first hour unless you consider whiny middle-aged women yapping exciting.

The caves are kinda net, but the mosters are ridiculous. Most of the scares are the "cat scare" type where something jumps out at you with a loud music stinger.

There is nothing interesting or unique about this movie.

Even so, there isn't anything else out right now that is considered "horror" so enjoy.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    it reminds me of that sci fi channnel movie "Centipede" which could be better
    R.I.P Zoidberg

now, it sounds crappy...but, im going to see World Trade Center tomorrow, hope its not a huge line like with 8mle.

they shouldnt have even mentioned Hostel in the trailors.. that was was a bore

CP, if u wanna see a cool movie, go to walmart and buy the dvd of OldBoy. its trippy
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    I could say that movie is not all that bad for watchin sober. If ur look for everythin, then I should of said not to see it. If ur not, I would say watch it, but its up to wha u like. Creatures in there are real freaky. How u like their eyes?

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo196
    I went to see it this past Friday and was going to post a review, but I've been lazy.

I thought it was boring and pretty terrible. Nothing happens for the first hour unless you consider whiny middle-aged women yapping exciting.

The caves are kinda net, but the mosters are ridiculous. Most of the scares are the "cat scare" type where something jumps out at you with a loud music stinger.

There is nothing interesting or unique about this movie.

Even so, there isn't anything else out right now that is considered "horror" so enjoy.
    yea most of the scary movies are not even scary anymore, its more about the gore,

thats sad, if u want a real scary movie, japanese and thai scary movies are scary as hell
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    go to walmart and buy the dvd of OldBoy. its trippy
    I highly agree with you. Oldboy is Brilliant.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by psp
    yea most of the scary movies are not even scary anymore, its more about the gore,

thats sad, if u want a real scary movie, japanese and thai scary movies are scary as hell
    GO back to the old moview and they aren't scary anymore either. The whole idea of fantasy and imagination is gone....in producres and viewers. Now the only thing scars is just out at you kind of stuff.

We have seen it all by now....its either jump out scares or looking at disturbing stuff.

the scary stuff to me, is the crap thats based on true events!! like the Blair Witch project scared the shit out of me..lol

another asian movie worth buying is Ichi The Killer. its pretty crazy

aannnnd blair witch directly took their idea from cannibal holocaust... which you should see :-p
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast