Thread: n8thegr8's slimbox

1. #1 n8thegr8's slimbox 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    k guys, for those of you that were asking about my xbox, here's the finished product.

here's a pic of the top, I cut out the center with a hole saw, polish the jewel clear, put a green ccfl ring behind it, and put a piece of plastic from a dvd case behind that so you don't see the insides:

Here's a pic of it glowing:

Here's a pic showing the slimbox mod I did. I basically cut out the entire trim and dvd tray all the way around, and got rid of the dvd drive. It drops the profile of the xbox about a half inch, and sheds about 2 pounds off the overall weight. I also rewired the eject switch to be the power switch, and filled the hole where the power switch used to be:

And finally, here's a pic of the skin I have for my dashboard (xbox media center) called mc360 that replicates the xbox 360 dashboard. crappy tv=crappy pic, lol:

What do you think?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    I think you should link me up to it so I can get started
    Nicely done
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

that is awesome!! its liek a 360 but better!!! good work..

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    thats really awesome! I wish i knew how to do that lol..

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

hehe, thanks, yeah, I got a 200gb hdd in it, so i didn't really need the dvd, thus spawning this idea. basically it was just a crapload of cutting with a dremel. there's a tutorial I sort of casually followed for the slimbox mod, but basically I kept trimming and cutting until everything fit. also, the guy in that tutorial cut his to make it narrower as well as shorter, but I thought it looked stupid, so I did mine this way. here's that link to get you started:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=459246

I also had to hack the crap out of the hdd caddy to make it fit over where the dvd drive used to be, because it couldn't be lowered where it was because the cpu heatsink is right underneath the hdd. and also, if you attempt this, make sure you cut the screws shorter, otherwise they'll poke through the top, like my dumbass did...

yeah, xbox-scene is a cool iste, i always go there to check out 360 mods, even though im too afraid to attempt any of them .. i didnt even notice youre box was slimmer untill i rad the slim box thing.

lol, yep, not all that noticable, but I like it. I also modded my 360, paitned blue with a window in the side, a blue ccfl, and replaced all the led's with blue.
    here's some pics of it too:

Still not done with that one though, want to add an hdd and dvd window, and some more lights.

you should cut a hole in the hardrive and re paint it, it still kills my 360..

yeah, I'm def gonna put a window in it, but I kinda like the color the way it is, the only other color I would paint it is black, and I think it's already dark enough with the dark blue, I don't think the black would look very good.