Thread: The Wii is the greatest console of this generation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Wii is the greatest console of this generation 
    Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    That's right, I said it. Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically the same with the exception that you pay for Xbox Live. To Sony's credit, at least PS+ is optional but you get just fuck all from Sony if you don't subscribe. I haven't gotten one new feature that's even slightly interesting in months. Just security updates.

This newest console generation seems to be about how much money these people can suck out of your pocket. They're releasing just as many disposable games as they possibly can.

You could certainly make the same case for the third party games available on the Wii. But the official Nintendo games are top notch. They give you a no BS style of gameplay that isn't overly complicated and is FUN for the same reason that the NES was fun when I was 5 years old.

Also, New Super Mario Bros. is the REAL DEAL, easily the best Mario sidescroller. I'll play this 20 years from now for the same reason I still play SMB3. Will you be playing ANY of your current titles 20 years from now? Doubt it.

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    lies, all lies!

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    slow, you should clarify that the new smb you meant is NOT the DS one because the DS smb sucked ass. i havent played the one on wii though
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Canadian Taco PSP Mad Hacker Jose Burrito Gu's Avatar
    EDIT: found a better place
    Last edited by Jose Burrito Gu; 06-04-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Sig made by me

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sven's Avatar
    I still play Mat Hoffman's BMX and Sonic Adventure 2 on my Dreamcast. I actually prefer Draemcast over my 360 for some reason. But yeah, Dreamcast is always fun.
    Last edited by Sven; 06-05-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Sonic Adventure 3 does not exist............yet.

☭Коммунизм для нашего будущего!☭

^^^^

Exactly, Dendro gets what I'm saying. Maybe HD isn't all it's cracked up to be and we should go back to games that are actually fun to play and not just fun to look at.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    ^^^^

Exactly, Dendro gets what I'm saying. Maybe HD isn't all it's cracked up to be and we should go back to games that are actually fun to play and not just fun to look at.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

I play my older systems still can't tell ya how many times I've been bored with COD or the lot and said fuck it I'ma play The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past or Gauntlet Legends(countless hours put into this game and STILL never gets old)..why cuz they are fun..that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    i bust out the 64 all the time thats about my fave mario besides mario3 and also goldeneye i could probly beat it with my eyes closed but it still the shit never gets old fun fun fun
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^I do this at my friends house.
    Sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    i bust out the 64 all the time thats about my fave mario besides mario3 and also goldeneye i could probly beat it with my eyes closed but it still the shit never gets old fun fun fun
    Dude, I absolutely LOVE Goldeneye. IMO, it's still one of the best FPS of all time. RCP90 FTW.

this fits the theme here, just watch it.

Sig made by me

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    Dude, I absolutely LOVE Goldeneye. IMO, it's still one of the best FPS of all time. RCP90 FTW.
    yep imo that game got me started on muitlplayer it was so fun played it for hours on end not like this online shit it took 3 friends in the same room to play
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    yep imo that game got me started on muitlplayer it was so fun played it for hours on end not like this online shit it took 3 friends in the same room to play
    Dude, you nailed it right there. I'd rather have 3 friends and a couple 6 packs in the room than do online multiplayer. I've never been interested in online multiplayer, with the exception of Rock Band.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cael's Avatar
    i'll haveto Agree w/ you on this Slow :3 i've Enjoyed my Wii since the day i got it, Wii NSMB, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the first 3 Phoenix Wright Games, a few VC games, + SNES/NES Emulators i dont regret it one bit :3
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I got a Wii as a gift and I bought RE4 and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those 2 games held me over for 5 months, but then the 360 got some exciting line ups and I switched back. I won't lie, I enjoy the brainless fun of shooters, however, up until this year I had no live access. When I finally forced myself to pay for live (something that pissed me off, but I enjoy playing with my friends) I only did so by buying a discounted live pass from walmart.com (12 months for 39.99 exact). As for what I believe is the best console of the current generation, its a bit of a toss up, the reason I love the Wii is I modded it and can still do everything I did before plus a whole lot more. With all that though I think I'd still go with a 360 simply because I have had some truly great fun with titles on it. Namely Fallout and other Halo (3 blew, but Reach was really rather good), but I am buying a gaming PC and will probably stop investing in 360 games. I agree with Slow though, it seems like everyone is trying to bilk my wallet for every cent I've got. On top of the live fees there are game fees and DLC fees (some DLC, like map packs, I refuse to buy because more often than not its a cheap add on that they should have incorporated in the first place). To top it all off it turns out that new MW3 will have an additionally monthly fee for all platforms for what they call a richer experience. That's right you have to pay more to play something you already bought and a service you already paid for. The only reason I think the Wii escapes some of this is that it suffers from limitations the others don't. While the Wii does have memory capabilities it has very little DLC, and like Slow said, when you buy a Wii game you know what you're buying. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast