Thread: The end of LulzSec

1. #1 The end of LulzSec 
    Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    This is good news for anyone who loves hacker-less games.
    At midnight on Saturday 26th June LulzSec, the notorious internet hacktivist group, has announced they are disbanding. After exactly fifty days of ‘lulz’ the group will cease to exist. An excerpt of their farewell statement is below, the full statement can be read here.

Again, behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly believe in the AntiSec movement. We believe in it so strongly that we brought it back, much to the dismay of those looking for more anarchic lulz. We hope, wish, even beg, that the movement manifests itself into a revolution that can continue on without us. The support we’ve gathered for it in such a short space of time is truly overwhelming, and not to mention humbling. Please don’t stop. Together, united, we can stomp down our common oppressors and imbue ourselves with the power and freedom we deserve.

So with those last thoughts, it’s time to say bon voyage. Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind – we hope – inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere.

Thank you for sailing with us. The breeze is fresh and the sun is setting, so now we head for the horizon.

Let it flow…

Lulz Security – our crew of six wishes you a happy 2011, and a shout-out to all of our battlefleet members and supporters across the globe

So, it has come to an end. Many will be happy, but many will be sad. Will the movement continue with such strength without them? It is unlikely, Anonymous will no doubt continue but I cannot see many others continuing in their name. At least you will all be able to return to your online games in the knowledge the disruptions are likely to be fully over now.

They did not leave without a parting gift, they released a torrent. We have not closely examined the contents, but it contains 50,000 passwords from members on gaming forums, 550,000 battlefield heroes beta users, AT&T internal data, 200,000 hackforums members, AOL internal data and much more.
    Source

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    That was actually a little touching...
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Dang. I hope they're not under the impression that nobody's looking for them because the FBI and CIA are looking HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    Dang. I hope they're not under the impression that nobody's looking for them because the FBI and CIA are looking HARD.
    I wouldn't quite say that they're looking for them with an upmost priority. At least, I'd hope not. I'd hope that the CIA/FBI have better, and more important things to worry about than a handful of hackers - even if they compromised a lot of security.

On another note, if anyone was thinking of getting in on that torrent, don't. The CIA/FBI, while it may not be a major priority, are still looking for these guys. They'll probably be monitoring the various download sites. Remember the GeoHot thing? People that only visited the site, were charged.
    Disclaimer:

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    I went on the Geohot site after the lawsuit on accident. I typed in "fag hacker" and clicked the first link ant it was Geohots site. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    I wouldn't quite say that they're looking for them with an upmost priority. At least, I'd hope not. I'd hope that the CIA/FBI have better, and more important things to worry about than a handful of hackers - even if they compromised a lot of security.

On another note, if anyone was thinking of getting in on that torrent, don't. The CIA/FBI, while it may not be a major priority, are still looking for these guys. They'll probably be monitoring the various download sites. Remember the GeoHot thing? People that only visited the site, were charged.
    You haven't been paying attention to Obama lately? I can't see I agree with the guy's policy to spend this country out of trouble (won't work), but I do watch these people. Just the other day he declared war on cybercriminals and made a statement to the effect of, "If you fuck with the US government's computer system, we WILL hunt you down.". LulzSec are nothing less than enemies of the state now. The US already has it's little puppets over in England hunting folks down, one was arrested the other day.

And your second paragraph, as obvious as this might seem to some, it's worth repeating. Steer a wide, wide path around torrents relating to this or in my opinion, any torrents. These people are not fucking around anymore.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I don't know how involved Ryan Cleary was (the British supposed lulzec member), but I will say this. It seems to me that they ran out of fuel and hope to walk away. I do not see this happening, and personally I hope it doesn't. While I'm glad they put security back in everyone's minds, it doesn't change the fact that some of the leaked material could cause physical harm to come to innocent people (see AZ police details). Also I find their whole attitude a little indicative of that of a child who learns a fancy trick. Look everyone, see what I can do, WATCH ME, now I'm done. It was interesting, but I grow tired of theirs and the media's shenanigans.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Chance's are that if the CIA find one of them, they would be ending up working for them.

97% of all statistics are lies this falls into that catagory.

^ Doubt it. The CIA's got hackers that make LulzSec look like a children's book-club.
    Disclaimer:

It isn't as simple as "hackers vs. hackers". Offense has become a LOT easier than defense, compared to the old days. Hacking used to require deep knowledge of code and network protocols, now it's just point and click programs that you just download and start running. It takes no effort or skill to hack anymore.