Thread: Car/Truck/Googleers/whatever type of people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Car/Truck/Googleers/whatever type of people 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I need some help.

Today I watched Trucks, a hit tv show on Spike Tv. Many of you probably have seen it. But today this episode caught my eye. No not with a hook, but with a really neat looking truck. Instead of having the normal extended cab, this one had another extension on that, allong with a bed on the back. Creating this huge truck! After watching that I wanted to find more on it but haven't found anything on the show yet. I wan't to see where they sell kits to make this extension and I wan't find out if it is street legal or not.

Many thanks,Rob

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i missed it unfortunally. ive heard of ford doing custom cabs for businesses. i dont think youll find a "kit" to make the cab bigger since it will jeopardize the trucks structural integrity. what u saw might have been a one off show truck or something. ill have to watch it tomorrow morning
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah dood, and it would be a shitpot of welding, my dad mods trucks and jeeps a lot, he has a '84 CJ-7 with a 350 chevy, front and rear lockers, 4.10 gears, a t18 transfer case, a 3 inch body lift and 4 inch spring lift, and 35" super swamper TSL's. he's done all kinds of other here and there mods to it, like built custom front and rear bumpers/tire carrier, body armor, put in a air compressor for airing up tires after a day of rock crawling and running air tools on the trail. it's a pretty badass setup. Reason I mentioned him is cuz trucks is his favorite tv show of all time, lol, he went nuts when they did project crazy horse. He's also done some pretty badass metal work to and lifted one of his friends' ranger. He does refrigeration for a living, but he loves that stuff.

that sounds awesome. post some pics. i love offroad trucks
    R.I.P Zoidberg

he's asleep now, he's like an old man, goes to bed at 9-10, wakes up at 6-7, lol, and he's only turning 40 next month. I'll try and get some pics from him tommorrow, but yeah, it's pretty sweet. not much of a looker, but it gets the job done and makes it look easy, lol. He's supposed to be going to moab this year sometime.

nice doesnt always equal fast. look at 90% of the drfters... they have dogshit cars but out preform most of the people on the field.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

lol, yeah, he was gonna paint it, then one of his friends painted his and was afraid to do anything for fear of scratching the paint, and he was like fuck that, at least he can do crazy shit and not worry about what happens. he wants to bob off his rear fenders though, cuz sometimes when he gets all articulated, the lugs on his tires are so damn big they grab the corners of the fenders and bend the crap out of them

i do an rc version of what he does... my current project:

R.I.P Zoidberg

haha, nice...4 link? and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than what he does, lol. have you seen those remote controlled rock buggies? they're like really low gear and have insane articulation, pretty frickin cool stuff, here's some badass rc videos, wish I had these, lol:

rc drifter: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...0c00cbf427.htm

rc fighter jet!!!!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqcDJGlfAGE

I really would like to get into the rc nitro cars, but I'm sorta tight for cash atm. I built a nitro control line plane a while back, pretty sweet actually, if you like spinning in circles, lol.

EDIT: what the hell happened to stacey (the old host of trucks!)??? wtf???

EDIT EDIT: Must have been a really old episode or something, what kind of truck was it? their site is:http://powerblocktv.com/sites/trucks/e_p.php

stacey is doing a new show that debuts in the future

my rc trucks can articulate like crazy. far better then the crawlers u can buy at walmart:

R.I.P Zoidberg

holy shit, is that one electric or nitro?

eletric. nitros are no good for rockcrawling
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah, that's what I figured, too much oomph, lol. but yeah, 350's are a popular motor swap for rockin cuz of the added torque over the stock i-6, oh, and btw, did you know the h3 hummers only have a four-banger? you buy a hummer to get 5 miles to the gallon, to to conserve fuel, lol

actually eletric motors make alot better torque for rock crawling. the problem is that nitro engines dont make any power at low rpms that are needed for crawling. by the time you make enough torque to pull over a rock, youll burn out the clutch

and hummers suck. id rather own a humvee
    R.I.P Zoidberg

haha, yeah, I was talkin about real rockcrawlers when I was referencing to the torque, but yeah, hummers suck, they can't get in a fraction of the places that jeeps could, they're too big, only thing they're good for is boondockin in the desert or fording a river, which isn't that cool in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast