Thread: Stereo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Stereo? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    what stereo should i get for my bedroom? the room is "L" shaped and im getting it as a b-day present, plus i've got neighbors with a baby next door (home connected to ours, kinda like a condo) so should i get some kinda sound proofing or something?
    thx
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    no, u should get headphones. cheaper then soundproofing. its hard to pick a bookshelf system since theres so many. look around on best buy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134703785941

im partial to this one cause it looks fuckin alien. nice wattage too. would help if we had a price limit too

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149206404055

if youre not into the weird alien look or dont need dvd capibilities
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i like my stero system..its just my surround sound, that i hook my ipod or any music device too, and get aweomse sound.. then my little stero, ihome, just use it for an alarm clock.. and $200-300 for a stero, you could get a good surround sound, or save and get a bose suround sound, those are loud as hell coming out little 2inch speakers, but pricy..

well i have a bunch of space in my room and from what i've seen bose trying to accomplish in their products it just isn't for me. I don't care if the speakers show, i do care though, that my neighbors will get pissed because i woke up their baby or whatever. Or the business which is also connected to my house (its the realty business that is renting me the house :P ) which has people working from 7 to 5 Monday through Friday. Then the baby goes to sleep at 7. So i couldn't play my music loud... And julie, the reason i am not interested in a headset is because my mom beleives that i will damage my hearing. I must agree though because i do play my rock pretty loud. So i guess i should maybe forget about the whole stereo thing BUT, i already have decent JBL Pro speakers even though they are probably about 6 or 7 years old. Atleast i will have my $300 professional grade speakers at my dads and atleast 80 GB of whatever i want in my hand instead of another set of speakers. So because i probably can't soundproof the room, i will have to just ask for money for the Vosonic VP 3320 X's Drive (which is what i was planning to do in the first place). That should come out to about $200-220 so i think its fair. Plus then i can ask my dad for a nice big duo Thanks for your help julie! That first system is really kickass! My buddy just bought a new house and im sure he would appreciate me showing him that. Thanks!
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

a good set of pc speakers might be what u need then.

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...27&product=139

i have the same ones. set me back about 80 bucks and they are LOUD when fully cranked up. not to mention bass that can shake the sheetrock off your walls. best of all, on low volumes they still sound excellent
    R.I.P Zoidberg

This is what I have and its more than enough for me...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9586

But they might be too big for you. Seeing as you live in a town house and your nighborurs have a newborn (september 26 I'll have a newborn in my house). If you wan't alot of power for a small amount of money for the bang, get these.

yeah like i said i have to pretty much rule out new speakers, because i can't use them the way i would like to.
    My neighbors bitched when i used a "sacred" shovel of his to set up my basketball system. ROFL im not kidding either, thats what he called it. A "Sacred shovel". The fucking thing was rotting and when we tried to use the axe it was falling off and nearly killed the kid that i payed to do it. Funny day...
    i must say that all of those look like great purchases, mainly the one Rob just posted and the first one that Julie posted. But sadly i couldn't use them like i would wish i could and as long as im in this shitty position here its pointless to spend money on new speakers.

well dont play the music as loud. glad i dont have neighbors
    R.I.P Zoidberg

have a basement? Use them in there. Or be a total asshole and use them where ever! lol

thats what id do. turn em up. enjoy life. tell them to fuck off. if anything your helping their kid develop
    R.I.P Zoidberg

i like my music better through headphones, casue i could just put them on, and go into my other boreing world...i dont think ill ruin my ears, cause loud music hurts them, and ear buds get uncomftorable after an hour, theres my solution, i guess..

dammit,y ou got me with your pic there Chinese people, AGGHH! lol

i have music playing 24/7. my other laptop has a huge playlist going right now. havent heard the same song in about 13 hours
    R.I.P Zoidberg

lol, im guessing the avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by chinese people
    lol, im guessing the avatar...
    yes!, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast