Thread: GPS Info and "PSP: A terrorist Device"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 GPS Info and "PSP: A terrorist Device" 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well, this gps info is not official but it seems to be interesting:
    I was taking a closer look to the dh/260/Flash1 folders of a dumped 260 firmware and i noticed things like a WMA player..ok thats old...
    in the 270 flash folders i found a flash player 6 thing... ok thats old...
    but i was in the 271 folders and i found some "gps" folders empty,where gps software or plugin are supposed to be installed (is almost the only folder empty in the 271) and i think that gps wouldnt work with a devhooked 271 emulation cuz its routed directly to the nand flash by the usb hole (the usb routes appart to Magicgate reader and to NAND Flash) so the gps will detect inmediately the REAL FLASH and it will work... also the psp in 2.71 and 2.8 has a security
    check, within the browser that checks every plugin, thing connected to psp, checks autenticity, and other things, so gps wouldnt be detected because gps will be routed to the real flash0/1, but the rest of the psp will be routed to the fictional flash0/1 a.K.a Devhook firmware.
    this could be of course avoided thanks to devhook 2.71 emulation skills, but if it doest works well, if you wanna use gps you could:
    -wait for a patched and almost impossible (booster would be in trouble)
    fix of devhook
    -wait for a patch made by another developer
    -upgrade your psp.

i hope this thing is not the same for the camera

now...
    from pspupdates dot com...

[www.pspupdates.com, pspupdates.qj.net]...
    THE PSP: A POSSIBLE TERRORIST DEVICE?

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-A-Possi...g/49/aid/63548

"Terrorists' activities, which lead to the bombing of the Twin Towers and the hostage incidents in Iraq, have been eye openers for every person, especially for authorities to be on the watch against these people who intend to bring havoc, destruction, and fear to others."

"Even portable gaming devices are now under authorities' scrutiny as they are now more than just toys. Take for example Sony's PSP. Apparently, for the Washington, D.C. police, PSP, with its wireless and homebrew capabilities, can be a possible terrorist device. A guy playing Tekken on his PSP outside a federal building got the shock of his life after being shook down by the police in Washington, D.C."

"Of course, the D.C. police are only doing their job to protect and serve, and the apprehended guy knows this. We're living in a time where almost anything - even a seemingly innocent water bottle - placed in the wrong hands can prove disastrous."

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    If I truly wanted to, I could use my own bare hands as terrorist devices. Shoes? Maybe if I wore high heels. A pencil - deadly in my own hands. Come to think of it, I could probably use a car and do something insane like run someone over.

Everyone is a terrorist, or equipped to do terrorist activity. It doesn't matter anymore, because nobody is safe and everyone is increasingly clever or desperate. You think that what's said here in the states is completely unbiased? Nope, and if you do, my you have a ways to go.

It's true, someone could use a PSP for terrorist activity. That's true of bottlecaps, the actual bottle, maybe if I gave someone enough papercuts they would die.

My point being - some people get hyped up over nothing. And to be quite honest, that whole post was pointless.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dende00's Avatar
    Dude some people are wild up bout terrorism, others aint. Ur just one that aint, but if u (others) felt like its is a common threat, it is a big deal. Terrorism just spreads, its chaotic dictatorship. If u were one of those people that was in the towers u would be paranoid as hell. So just because u dont feel its of a concern, dont mean its nothin. Let me sit next to u wit a bomb on my chest and see if u still think its nothin. I dont face it so in a sense I dont give a shit too. To defend this kid, it is about psp and this is a psp forum. So the post was a lil drag, but it fit the forum.
    Baby, we dont break!

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Nyne
    If I truly wanted to, I could use my own bare hands as terrorist devices. Shoes? Maybe if I wore high heels. A pencil - deadly in my own hands. Come to think of it, I could probably use a car and do something insane like run someone over.

Everyone is a terrorist, or equipped to do terrorist activity. It doesn't matter anymore, because nobody is safe and everyone is increasingly clever or desperate. You think that what's said here in the states is completely unbiased? Nope, and if you do, my you have a ways to go.

It's true, someone could use a PSP for terrorist activity. That's true of bottlecaps, the actual bottle, maybe if I gave someone enough papercuts they would die.

My point being - some people get hyped up over nothing. And to be quite honest, that whole post was pointless.
    I completely agree. Anything can be used as a terrerist device...what next? no luggage on a plane? god, i know terrorism is a huge problem, and i know its bad, but we are becoming too worried. we're not living anymore.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

hehehe gps was pointless but at least i believe gps will use 2.71
    well... its MORE terrorist a ds than a psp.
    with the ds you can instant message someone near you, and plan a whole bunch of terrorist things, even draw your plans, and nobody would notice, they would thing that you are only playing games.

next everyone will be stripped naked, cavity searched, then thrown on a plane with no luggage and handcuffed to the seat, lol. What we need to have is for people to stop being douchebags. Seriously, wtf, how the hell does a guy hijack a plane full of several hundred people with a boxcutter? I mean fuck, I guarantee there was at least 20 fat guys on those planes that could have just sat on the fucker. People are just stupid. and another thing I don't get, how the hell do they know what they hijacked the plane with? It's obvious no one survived to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    next everyone will be stripped naked, cavity searched, then thrown on a plane with no luggage and handcuffed to the seat, lol. What we need to have is for people to stop being douchebags. Seriously, wtf, how the hell does a guy hijack a plane full of several hundred people with a boxcutter? I mean fuck, I guarantee there was at least 20 fat guys on those planes that could have just sat on the fucker. People are just stupid. and another thing I don't get, how the hell do they know what they hijacked the plane with? It's obvious no one survived to tell.
    people on the planed call loved ones before it crashed

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

ah, I forgot about that, but people are still fucktards, if they had just tackled the motherfuckers, they wouldn't have had to call their loved ones because they won't have died.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ehem *clears his throat* Hello everybody this is the captain speaking. We are very dissapointed to tell you that we can no longer continue this flight because the right wing was considered to be a terrorist device, the FBI just comphiscated it. Thank you for flying American Airlines, Have a nice day!

Thats gonna happen one day i mean c'mon a freakin psp
    Black PSP 1.5
    GTA: LCS, Ridge Racer, Dynasty Warriors
    And most importantly ROM DOWNLOADER
    and my beautiful Xbox with xecuter 3 ce chip

the DS is the terrorist device of future.
    PSP IS NOT!!!

lol, OMFGZORZ, HE GOTS TEH G4M3B0Y, HE IS GOING TO H4X0R TEH WW3 AND KILLZ MY SOULZ! seriously, this is getting rediculous, it's as bad as what the did to mitnick

Quote Originally Posted by Dende00
    Dude some people are wild up bout terrorism, others aint. Ur just one that aint, but if u (others) felt like its is a common threat, it is a big deal. Terrorism just spreads, its chaotic dictatorship. If u were one of those people that was in the towers u would be paranoid as hell. So just because u dont feel its of a concern, dont mean its nothin. Let me sit next to u wit a bomb on my chest and see if u still think its nothin. I dont face it so in a sense I dont give a shit too. To defend this kid, it is about psp and this is a psp forum. So the post was a lil drag, but it fit the forum.
    If I were one of those people in the towers, I think I wouldn't care because I'd be under a coulple pounds of rubble, and then would be 6 feet under.

And here's the deal with me: I ain't dumb enough to sit on a plane when someone has a bomb blatantly strapped to their chest. Having my life threatened multiple times(due to 9/11, and vehicular reposessions just to name a few instances), shit doesn't scare me. I know I'm going to die, and I have a belief that it's already been dictated, it's just how I live my life that puts me on what scale I need to be on. If I were a guy on a plane with a bomb-toting SOB next to me(provided he can manage to smuggle it past security while it were on his chest), I'd probably shove his nose so far up into his brain he'll be able to smell his every thought, right before his brain quit telling him what to do. And if he pulls the ripcord, or flips the switch, or clicks a pen or jerks off or whatever the hell he's going to detonate it with, oh well. I lived my life and so be it.

Here's my point: terrorism is overblown now. I know it's relevant because it's a PSP and the post was about it's use as a possible Mission: Blowup, but I was saying that people worry all to hell and get everyone else's panties in a bunch. And then people get a reinforced negative connotation to me and all the rest of my people who just wanted to live a freer life by being in America. I've had jobs refused to me because it was all good until they saw my first name.

I can't speak for you, but it gets my goat, because right now I'm considered a threat due to my first ammendment right to choose a religion. I'm sure my house has been bugged due to the provisions of the PATRIOT act, I'm sure my Masjid is as well. They can watch me lift weights and eat burgers and change my clothes, go to work, all they fucking care. I ain't a threat in any sense(less'n you piss me off), and if they think otherwise, let them. I do my duties, signed up for Selective Service, have a SSN, pay for gas, and do completely un-terroristic things of nature, such as...pay my bills, pay taxes, and I support the economy by not blowing shit up.

haha
    Yes, the DS is by far the more favored terrorist device.
    Its got a stabbing device
    Please help out. All you have to do is click the link and sign up for the iwon.
    http://www.thisdsliteisfree.com/?r=9067

"*Ratta-tat-tat-tat* I got you sucka!

Ooo, smack
    Gonna make that bat go crack
    Wack
    Eating my favorite midnight snack
    Pack
    The train rolls off the track
    Slack
    Better go get it back
    Jack

etc"
    -Demondude777

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    u can fashion a choker out of the psp strap though as well as break open a umd case and use the broken cd as a stabbing weapon
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Oh no! Microwaves fry my brain!!11!!!

Seriously, if anything should be labeled as terrorist devices, it's damn speedbumps that ravage the bottoms of cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast