Thread: RIP PSN Get Ready To Embrace The SEN

1. #1 RIP PSN Get Ready To Embrace The SEN 
    PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar

PlayStation Network, the service that PlayStation users have come to know and love, will soon be a thing of the past. On February 8, 2012 Sony will take the final step to unifying their online services by introducing it’s users to the Sony Entertainment Network, or SEN for short.

The SEN will take place of the PSN, the online gaming service that Sony launched alongside their PlayStation 3 on November 11, 2006. This name change is Sony’s way of getting closer to their goal of “ establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.”

This change is just a name change, Sony will not require you to alter your current PSN ID or password. The PS3 and Vita will receive a System Software Update that will introduce a new TOS (Terms of Service) before users can gain access to the Sony Entertainment Network.

Sony is currently in the process of sending out e-mails to all PSN users that will alert them of this new change. If you haven’t already received this e-mail, a glimpse at the text in it can be found below.

Dear Psyko_2000,

On February 8, 2012, your “PlayStation®Network account” will be renamed a “Sony Entertainment Network account” or a “SEN account” in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates. (Note, this change will not be applied to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system at this time.)

For general purposes, this account change is a change in name only. Your username or password will not change, nor are we asking you to change them. In accordance with this transition, some necessary naming changes will be made to the TOS and Privacy Policy.

This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering. As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation®Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network.” This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this transition.

Sincerely,
    The Sony Entertainment Network Team

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    aldready know about it guy. got that email

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    PlayStation Network, the service that PlayStation users have come to know and love
    What users?

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    it's gonna sound really odd saying SEN than PSN.

I never got an email, and neither did my siblings. I am glad the change will not effect my PSN name or account. Would have been a pain having to fix it all, or lose all my data.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    it should be global and for all users, guy
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

^ Me?

It should be global, but I haven't received any emails yet. I know they'll change me too, but I'm happy that I don't have to do anything I could screw up. xD

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    i never did too tso